I went PC and now I can't go back

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
What I dont get is that people always complain the 3rd person games, mainly action/fighting are bad on the PC

to be honest I prefer mouse/keyboard and honestly if youre not used to the controlls it just takes a little practice

I mean seriously they have FPS on console and we all know how retarded it is to play with two joysticks if your not used to it, so whats wrong with having 3rd person titles on a PC?

jawakiller

Jan 14, 2011
For FPS I prefer the pcs quick controls. For the third-person I like consoles better (duel analogs are the secret). For strategy, well I don't even think theres a contest. Halo Wars had terrible controls.

aashell13

Jan 31, 2011
I've always played on PC, don't see any particular reason to get a console.

I like the mouse/keyboard because i'm very used to it, and having all those keys around is convenient for RTS games. I don't pretend that mouse/keyboard is the best thing forever and ever amen though. that would be silly. besides, you can get USB controllers for FPS if you like that better.

Also, I enjoy being able to tinker with my PC without some company throwing fits...looking at you, Sony.

ultrachicken

Dec 22, 2009
I've always preferred controllers over mouse/keyboard. I've picked up aiming with joysticks fairly easily, and I hate using anything even remotely touch/motion activated (mice).

Super Toast

Supreme Overlord of the Basement
Dec 10, 2009
Gxas said:
Nope. I'm pretty versatile and never get stuck in a control scheme for more than a few minutes after switching between games/consoles.

I actually hate keyboard/mouse for shooters and much prefer my controller.
Cue idiots attempting to explain why keyboard/mouse is better in
I prefer the K/M setup, but I can definitely see where you're coming from. The controller setup is nowhere near as bad as people say.

SomeLameStuff

What type of steak are you?
Apr 26, 2009
I've always preferred my mouse and keyboard over controllers for most games. Then again, I play a lot of DotA style games lately, which are next to impossible with a controller.

Jack Macaque

Jan 29, 2011
I find almost any game to be better on PC.

Controls these days are pretty much always WSAD and mouse, like with Fable, on Xbox it was clunky to me, then I played it on PC and found it to be much better, games tend to look more fluid and move seamlessly on the PC when compared to consoles, you have Trainers to download to really have some fun, mods as well, also, PC gaming is pretty much free...if you're a twat.

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Gxas said:
Nope. I'm pretty versatile and never get stuck in a control scheme for more than a few minutes after switching between games/consoles.

I resent the implication that I'm an idiot. It's based on straight statistics. You can still like one control scheme over another despite this, but calling someone an idiot is just plain rude.

Stickwell

Aug 15, 2010
Borderlands... Thanks to OnLive I can't play Borderlands. Seriously, it sucks on the consoles...
EDIT: I constantly am playing on consoles, as most of my friends own them, and I still kick most of there asses on Halo and COD.
BTW, it was a real easy transition from controller to Keyboard/mouse for me... I don't know about anyone else... I find the keyboard comfortable, your using all your fingers instead of just your thumb and index... so many more actions at once.

Insane_Foxx

May 22, 2009
Gxas said:

I'll bite.. somewhat.

First person games - i find the mouse just much easier to look around with, and shoot stuff with.
3rd person games - a controller just feels a hell of a lot more natural, and easy to use.

so, i guess i'm an idiot for being able to figure out how to operate both controllers, and the mouse/keyboard, where are your genius is only able to handle the controller.

Kinda odd that.

Elec0

The Master of Fractals
May 29, 2009
I much prefer the precision of a mouse and keyboard. I've always been a PC gamer mainly because I can't afford a console, and by the time I could I was already a hardcore PC gamer, so I just built a gaming PC.
There's nothing wrong with consoles, and I don't have anything against people that use them, which is a large majority of the people.

XShrike

Sep 11, 2007
I prefer to play on the PC. I play on consoles when either I don't think my PC can handle the game or when it isn't out on the PC. Steam making it so I never have to deal with physical copies of games is a major plus.

If you are going to get into an argument on which controls are better, it depends on the game. FPS, RPG, Strategy, and maybe some others I forgot are better with a keyboard and mouse. Pretty much everything else is better with a controller. I know PC can use controllers, I even use my PS3 controller. I have seen people get keyboard and mouse to work on some of the consoles.

A problem I have found with keyboard and mouse is when a FPS uses vehicles. It wasn't so bad in say Unreal Tournament but, trying to fly a jet/helicopter in Battlefield 2 was a nightmare. In BF2 I ended up getting a flight-stick and that made things much better. Except that the throttle got split into forward and reverse. I never figured out out to remove reverse.

Eclectic Dreck

Sep 3, 2008
Not really. I tend to play different games on different platforms. RTS and RPGs are PC games for me while shooters and various action games are what I tend to play on consoles.

VeLoCiTy562

Feb 16, 2011
Gxas said:

I agree, I use controllers for my FPS's but then I tried MW2 at a friends house on the PC and man I sucked

Krantos

Jun 30, 2009
I can never get over analog sticks for movement. Sure mouse is better for aiming, but WASD is horrible for movement in most games.

That being said, if I can use my 360 controller with a PC game (most modern ones can) I'm happy. Heh, I can even use BOTH for Far Cry 2. Controller in my left for movement, mouse in my right. Was a little odd at first, but once I got the hang of it, i wish more PC game allowed it.

Stammer

Apr 16, 2008
Varanfan9 said:
So for a point of discussion have you ever had a change in one game affect how you felt playing another?
As a matter of fact, yes.

My best example is with the Smash Bros games:
I used to be amazing at the original game. Give me Pikachu and I could kick anyone's ass without question. And then I got a Wii and someone lent me Melee and I played it. Suddenly I was playing Falco like one of those tournament guys you can see on YouTube, but then turning on my N64 I couldn't get the hang of the controls anymore. Now I play Brawl and now I suck at both of the others.

Omikron009

May 22, 2009
I grew up playing shooters on console, so I've never been completely comfortable with PC shooters. It sound weird, but the aiming is too precise, and I always end up overshooting my target. I use the PC for online play and games that simply don't work on consoles, like RTS and the like.