I will pay you 2 million dollars a year...

Talendra

Hail, Ilpalazzo!
Jan 26, 2009
Sure, I mean it is going to get ripped off the air in no time anyway (if it even makes it there in the first place), since it is illegal to sell kids cigarettes. So it won't really do any damage anyway.

Edit: Should read properly. $2million per year not just $2million. In that case no for the same reason, I won't be earning very much.

kazikian

Sep 24, 2009
I just realized you should retitle this thread: Do you believe in moral relativism? Or even better: "Moral Relativism; what does it mean to you?" But few will appreciate the irony there.

Gmano

Apr 3, 2009
Mr.Pandah said:
if you are willing to run an advertising campaign aimed at kids for cigarrettes. One out of every ten kids that see any of these advertisements will end up becoming addicted. Subsequently, they will die due because of their habits.

Are you willing to take the job? Why or why not?

(This is purely hypothetical, I'm just curious as to how many people would actually take money over lives of their fellow men/women)

Interesting replies so far...

But how about this

You will be paid $125,000 dollars a year (without taxes and all that fun stuff that would bring it down to probably about 100,000), would you still do it?
Nonono, you see, ciggarettes do not kill kids, most people (if any) who die as a direct result of cigarettes die post-retirement (Where's my 2 million?)

Lekonua

Mar 25, 2009
I would sooner obtain all my life's most basic necessities from the garbage.

I have few principles, but I stick to them.

Ghengis_tron

Aug 22, 2009
Yeah I would do it. I'm a business man and business is dirty.

I'm thinking we should bring back the old Joe Camel cartoon commercials I saw as a kid.

BTW anyone notice just how much smoking there was in old loony toons episodes?

Striker Vulsine

Apr 27, 2009
YES. Give me the money. Then I will go around to every company and sell my magical advertising secret that makes 10% of kids buy their products and I will become the wealthiest man on the planet.

Easykill

Sep 13, 2007
Satin6T said:
well it's gonna happen anyway, might as well be me cashing in
Eww. This thought is disgusting, and I don't like it. Whether or not you make a diffence or not is the least important thing in the world. If you don't like something, even if you alone aren't going to change anything, don't participate! We aren't so selfless that everything we do is for some cause, we just act for ourselves without worrying about the effects. This is no different, if you don't believe in it then doing it makes you a hypocrite. Your selfish want to not be a hypocrite should be what guides you.

As for the actual question, yes. I would keep enough money to live and spend the rest on improving the world. Two million is a lot, I figure with some well placed bribes and political sponsorships I could improve how things are run a little, and maybe found a university.

Littlee300

Oct 26, 2009
whycantibelinus said:
Well I'm unemployed and have been for a while; I live with my grandparents because I can't afford my own place; I smoke when I'm drinking, which is quite often, so I'd have to say fuck yes. Not to seem cold but I fucking need the money you know?
And 1/10 kids need there lives you know?

Anyways it balances out, stop overpopulation and kill idiots dumb enough to believe your glowing advertisements, but you will cause lot of grief.

Nov 11, 2008
Hell fucking yes, If people are stupid enough to use smoking, They Deserve to die according to natural selection, If you don't want kids to smoke what better way then to kill the kids that do it?

Aesthetical Quietus

Mar 4, 2009
Apart from the fact that the kids couldn't buy the cigarettes, yes I would for $2 million a year.

If they don't want to smoke, no amount of ads will ever convince them and if they do, it's their own damn silly fault. Besides, their parents should be more active [if they manage to get ciggies].

I'd even do it for $125,000 a year, until a better job came along. Besides, just because they are addicted it doesn't mean they will die any time soon.

minuscool

Nov 12, 2009
Why yes, I will take your job.

I will do so because I support truth in advertising.

Opening shot - pan across a playground, clusters of children lighting up and talking about... whatever the fuck they talk about these days.

Cut to a shot of the same kids dragging around oxygen tanks and flipping through hospital "transplant denied" forms.

Another shot, the children aged somewhat, the group is smaller, some are smoking through tracheotomy holes, others are coughuing and retching up black tar-like spittle.

Fade to black. Words fade in. "LIGHT UP YOU LITTLE FUCKERS!" Fade back to black.
Nice i like it. copyright that. i would do it, i have my reasons and i know it wouldn't get signed on with any major comerical networks, but you pay me upfront.

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
Hell yes. Kids aren't stupid. No ad is going to make them start smoking (let alone the work they would have to do to aquire them). So any that are stupid enough to fall for my little ads I will call thinning the herd.