I yelled 'I love you!' to Susan Arendt while heading opposite directions on an escalator at PAX

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
Perhaps Susan could explain to us the validity of these claims?

Also, I want to go to PAX, especially since that one had DUKE NUKEM FOREVER!

Calumon: But then you wouldn't be with me!

SW15243

Jul 15, 2009
I just felt like sharing.
Discuss any moments you've had with celebrities? Or weird con experiences you've had?

Tears of Blood

Jul 7, 2009
Lol.

Susan's awesome and all, but I would've been more like "Hey, you're that lady I always respect but disagree with the opinions of at The Escapist! What's up!?"

I wonder if she'll see this and be like "oh that guy... creepy."

Omikron009

May 22, 2009
When I was at PAX I was walking along with my friends and I passed right by a group of people who looked familiar, but I couldn't quite pin down how I recognized them. About a second after I passed by them, I realized it was the folks from LoadingReadyRun. That was interesting, I guess.

grimsprice

Jun 28, 2009
Perhaps our senior editor will drop by to validate this claim? no? hmmmm....

I have never embarrassed myself in front of someone known to many.

SW15243

Jul 15, 2009
I can even get us started with weird stories. I have a bad habit of having awkward moments with celebrities, you'll find.

When I was a lot younger, I was in Vancouver with some family, and my grandpa, who works in the film industry, was working on the set of X Men 2 and took me and my brother. I was about 8, and while wandering around on set I got sort of lost, and I bumped (Like, literally, physically ran into) into Hugh Jackman on his way toward makeup. He asked me how I was doing. I said good. Then, silence. He walked off.

It was super awkward.

FallenJellyDoughnut

Jun 28, 2009
Is this the part where you become the prince of a town called Bel-Air?
Seriously though, I fail to see the discussion value in this thread.

Sep 17, 2009
SW15243 said:
I can even get us started with weird stories. I have a bad habit of having awkward moments with celebrities, you'll find.

When I was a lot younger, I was in Vancouver with some family, and my grandpa, who works in the film industry, was working on the set of X Men 2 and took me and my brother. I was about 8, and while wandering around on set I got sort of lost, and I bumped (Like, literally, physically ran into) into Hugh Jackman on his way toward makeup. He asked me how I was doing. I said good. Then, silence. He walked off.

It was super awkward.
Wait you physically bumped into Hugh Jackman and lived? He is made out of adamantium...he must not have been flexing.

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
SW15243 said:
I just felt like sharing.
Discuss any moments you've had with celebrities? Or weird con experiences you've had?
I got whacked in the back of the head by Charisma Carpenter. Hurt too...

SW15243

Jul 15, 2009
FallenJellyDoughnut said:
Is this the part where you become the prince of a town called Bel-Air?
Seriously though, I fail to see the discussion value in this thread.
I was gripped with a burning desire to share that experience with The Escapist, since I'd forgotten for a full month. Also, it's fast approaching 1 AM and I haven't slept in a good 48 hours.
I did however try to salvage something of a discussion from this thread.

Hashime

Jan 13, 2010
SW15243 said:

It was super awkward.
Tell that story to a few women and I can guarantee a payoff, that is if my sisters / female friends / cousins / classmates are any indicator.

SW15243

Jul 15, 2009
Nautical Honors Society said:
SW15243 said:

It was super awkward.
Wait you physically bumped into Hugh Jackman and lived? He is made out of adamantium...he must not have been flexing.
His natural 'Don't to kill children' reflex is the only reason why I'm alive today. That scene where he pulls the claws on the cat? Same deal, except I didn't lick them afterwards.

SW15243

Jul 15, 2009
Hashime said:
Tell that story to a few women and I can guarantee a payoff, that is if my sisters / female friends / cousins / classmates are any indicator.
I've learned instead to hone my story down to a simple one-sentence "I met Hugh Jackman once." It works about as well as you'd expect.

SW15243

Jul 15, 2009
Or like (When I was younger, I used to walk with my head down when nervous) I once walked headfirst into Vin Diesel's car while on the set of The Chronicles of Riddick. I didn't meet Vin, just dinged his car with my face. Super.