Ice-T Says Medal of Honor Beta "Sucks"

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Ice-T Says Medal of Honor Beta "Sucks"

EA's Medal of Honor reboot is not rapper-approved as of now.

Ice-T might be a rapper and actor by trade, but he's also apparently a hardcore gamer if his reboot [http://twitter.com/FINALLEVEL] from a Twitter follower, he put up a pretty negative mini-review.

Just one day after receiving a code, Ice-T tweeted: "Quick Review: Medal Of Honor Beta......... SUCKS." Ice-T's recommendation is a "try.. Before you buy." He admits that "The single player may be dope like Battlefield," but says "the multiplayer is kinda janky." It should be acknowledged that a beta is not a final product, but it's not looking good according to Ice-T.

I wouldn't give up on Medal of Honor just yet, because Ice-T later went on to tweet: "Now I'm enjoying the Kane & Lynch single player. This shit is gangsta!" Kane & Lynch is not typically known for being gangsta. [http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/kaneandlynchdeadmen]

Ice-T has a good attitude about things here, saying: "These are just my instant opinions.. Nothin more.. They don't mean shit." His review wasn't meant to be insulting, and he later tweeted: "It ain't always hate.Sometimes you need to improve." If Ice-T tells me something I made sucks, in all caps no less, I know I'm probably going to listen.

Medal of Honor will be released for the PS3, Xbox 360, and PC on October 12, 2010.

Apr 28, 2008
I didn't think it sucked, I just thought it was boring.

Its like they went "Lets make Battlefield more like Modern Warfare".
The result is, well boring.

Darktau

Totally Ergo Proxy
Mar 10, 2009
He sounds like a relatively reasonable rapper. And I really hope they improve MOH's multi, I didn't like it much either :(

Mrsoupcup

Jan 13, 2009
Oh great, another self abosrbed "artist" who thinks people give a crap about his opinion on things. Also, "Janky"? What the fuck is that supposed to be? Seriously, my brain hurts just a little after trying to read it.

Green Tentacle

Apr 9, 2009
I dunno, I really laugh at what he calls a review for MOH.

HOWEVER, he does like Kayne and Lynch which I have to say wasn't THAT bad of a game.

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
The single player is "dope" like Battlefield... you mean the series that is, for the most part, multiplayer only? This dude does not know his games.

Pandalisk

Jan 25, 2009
I wasn't even aware there was a Beta, what platform was it on?

Eh, the Multiplayer nor its single player could motivate me to buy this game, i simply tire of this "Modern Special Ops FPS" Phase. I yearn for something more along the lines of Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad if anything FPS at'all

"These are just my instant opinions.. Nothin more.. They don't mean shit." His review wasn't meant to be insulting, and he later tweeted: "It ain't always hate.Sometimes you need to improve."

Here here Mr. Ice-T but was anyone else confused with his use of wordng? i didn't know Being "Dope" was a good thing, I cant keep up the slang these days, That jus' ain't Cash

Jark212

Certified Deviant
Jul 17, 2008
Patrick_and_the_ricks said:
Oh great, another self abosrbed "artist" who thinks people give a crap about his opinion on things. Also, "Janky"? What the fuck is that supposed to be? Seriously, my brain hurts just a little after trying to read it.
I agree with the Blues Brothers, I probably won't be taking advice from washed-up rappers...

mad825

Mar 28, 2010
when did rappers become game critics?

just because he has had some cosmetic career (role appearances and voice) in computer games doesnt mean that he is "hardcore" in fact people like him are egotistical and would exaggerate anything to look big/better

ahhh, now I remember these things, anyone remember Soulja Boy's review on Braid?

Optimus Hagrid

Feb 14, 2009

Those Goddamn Ninjas!

ProfessorLayton said:
The single player is "dope" like Battlefield... you mean the series that is, for the most part, multiplayer only? This dude does not know his games.
Maybe he's referring to the Xbox/PS2 Battlefield 2 campaign? Cos that shit was pretty dope from what I remember.

jaeger138

Jun 27, 2009
ProfessorLayton said:
If he's talking about Bad Company, then the single player was actually pretty "dope". You, sir, are elitist and janky!

DeadlyYellow said:
But what does Kanye think of it?
Probably easier to ask what doesn't Kanye think of it. Besides, it's either gonna be the "best video game of all time! Of all time!" or "Medal of Honour, imma let you finish..." so what more do we need to know?

Sougo

Mar 20, 2010
I refuse to take advise from a person who cannot speak English, yet feels the need to communicate in it.

T-Bone24

Dec 29, 2008
I can confirm that LIMBO is indeed gangsta. However, the current street-cred and pimpitude levels of Medal of Honour have yet to be confirmed, I don't typically enjoy this kind of shizzle.

HyenaThePirate

Jan 8, 2009
Thank you Ice-T for pointing out that a BETA 'sucks'.

Not that I have high hopes for this game. Medal Of Honor took a sharp turn towards the "Walmart $10 Deal!" shelf years ago. To be honest, anybody could see that its one and only goal was to become yet another in what is bound to be a long line of Modern Warfare FPS clones.
Lets face it... we all bitched and complained about how WWII games were being done to death, now we have "modern combat" games being done to death. The industry goes where it thinks the money is, but I predict FPS will be this eras "2D fighter"... oversaturation and the limitations of what can be done with the genre are quickly approaching their maximum. From here on, its just going to be the same play style coupled with increasing level of graphical quality. But how much farther can we really advance a "shooter"? I think "Brink" is trying to push the envelope with its fluid combat system, but until virtual reality pops up, we're going to be seeing a lot of the same.

The other problem for shooters is that other than the "sci fi" angle, which has its own complications, where do shooters go? How do you keep it mixed up and exciting? We've used all of these guns before, if you've been in one helicopter/skyscraper battle you've seen them all, breaching doors is passe', and the you can only keep limiting players by keeping the ammunition for the sniper rifle at an all time low for so long. I have no idea how you can breathe fresh life into an old medium like this. Where do you go for new settings? The World War II area has been done literally to death, the Modern Combat thing is getting old fast, Nobody really wants to touch the middle eastern war stuff just yet and even then it'll just be more Modern Combat game play in the desert, World War I was too boring, Vietnam isn't popular enough, and sci fi is inaccessible to some people because they want to shoot M16's instead of nuclear propulsion ecto-goo silicate weapons at strange looking enemies in metallic corridors. And we've tried the whole "time-traveling" thing to send people back to the past with weaponry of the present. Westerns are too niche to make effective FPS games from...

So we're kinda screwed for now I guess.