I'd like to know my fellow escapists better

NotSoLoneWanderer

Jul 5, 2011
JMV said:
Race: Caucasian, I guess.
Height: 1,77m (which Google tells me is about 5'10...)
Weight: about 70 kg (155 pounds, more or less)

I (obviously) like videogames, I'm in college studying Informatics Engineering (computer science, for all of you who've never seen it be called this) and I love all sorts of "nerdish" stuff. However, with that being said, I don't really know what being a nerd is to you, in the sense that everyone has their own, very defined perception of what it is and to some it's offensive, while to others its just a way of defining one's tastes and/or quirks. I do like being called a nerd, though, and it sometimes amazes the people who call me one that I'm okay with it, as if being a nerd is the equivalent of having a massive, pus-dripping tumor on your face.

So, yeah... I'm a *snarky* nerd? I don't know and don't care, as long as there are people like me or people who can relate to me and vice-versa. And I hope all of this filler text has helped you know me a little better than you would with just knowing how much I weigh or what my skin color is.
Didn't mean to offend anyone just trying to send your message along to a few of my friends who were the reason for this post. Now they want me to stop explaining to them how wrong there definition of nerd is and showing them all of your responses I think they get it.

Ljs1121

Mar 17, 2011
Race: I believe our family's Irish above all else, but I don't know specific percentages and what-not.
Nationality: American
Height: 5'5" I want to say. I'm probably off by a few inches either way.
Weight: 140 pounds

NotSoLoneWanderer

Jul 5, 2011
TheSilverTeen said:
NotSoLoneWanderer said:
Connosd said:
NotSoLoneWanderer said:
tokae said:
Race: Eurasian, of Russian and Swedish descent.
Height: 5'6
Weight: 125.6 pounds. (I have lost a few pounds during the late summer / fall. Was sidelined from training and competing due to a shoulder- and neck-injury)

And as has already been stated: Is this really the way to get to know someone? I don't think so...
This is more to show my some friends that not all escapists are skinny white nerds with no social skills and acne
I'm sorry but I doubt showing them all of this is going to change their opinions on us being skinny white nerds with no social skills and acne.
My friend minutes ago said "You're not the only N**** on this shit?" So I'll count that as a sign of change.
Woah, You're Black? Me too *high five*

phats_cocks_strangla said:
TheSilverTeen said:
Race: Everything, no jooke, Native American to Russian
Height: I dunno 6"5?
Weight, I dunno 115
6'5 115 pounds? holy shit dude youre like a fucking stick!
Yes. i am trying to work on my weight currently....
Yeah *high five, up high, down low, to the side, to the other side, in the hole* and if it makes a difference I'm just trying to prove to some of my ill-informed friends that there exists in great abundance racial diversity and at least a new sense of the word nerd for them.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Mortis Nuncius said:
Nouw said:
Race:Korean.
Height:169 and still growing. Guess my age now.
Weight:54 kg.

Yeah I'm probably on the lower end of the scale.
Are you a 29 year old wearing self-elevating platform shoes?
No ;) Not quite young enough.

Fusioncode9

Sep 23, 2010
Race: Russian, though I look American
Height: 5,7
Weight: 135

I'm currently in high school and I would like to become a mechanical engineer.

FilipJPhry

Jul 5, 2011
Male, 5'10, 154lbs, Native Canadian, Mid 20's. Currently in my 5th year of University

Pssh, forgot about fun fact: I used to play against Sydney Crosby in the QMJHL

NotSoLoneWanderer

Jul 5, 2011
ElektroNeko said:
Race: Frisian (Northern Dutch. Mostly known for being quite pale, having blond hair, and turning red very easily by sunburn and cold. Although I'm not a pure Frisian: I have brown hair and I'm not that pale.)
Height: 185 cm
Weight: Seriously, I have no idea.

Furthermore, I've got quite some synthesizers (even a cool keytar), vintage gaming consoles and other older audiovisual stuff over here. I also frequently walk around on the street with a big boombox on my shoulder :3. And to add even more weirdness on top of it: I'm a girl X3

And I also love to draw ponies. You can find my deviantART over here: http://elektroneko.deviantart.com
That's pretty cool I've always wanted to be able to draw but beyond some decent sketching I'm not very good.

Chemical Alia

Feb 1, 2011
Race: Pennsylvania Dutch (which isn't actually Dutch, lol)
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 130 lbs
Also female.

I'm a professional artist and I work at a game studio. Besides games, my other interests are photography, art in general, classical piano and languages. I feel like I'm pretty nerdy, but people always seem so surprised when they ask me about what I do, or when they see I'm going up to that "weird computer games programming" floor in the elevator at work. :C

NotSoLoneWanderer

Jul 5, 2011
Chemical Alia said:
Race: Pennsylvania Dutch (which isn't actually Dutch, lol)
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 130 lbs
Also female.

I'm a professional artist and I work at a game studio. Besides games, my other interests are photography, art in general, classical piano and languages. I feel like I'm pretty nerdy, but people always seem so surprised when they ask me about what I do, or when they see I'm going up to that "weird computer games programming" floor in the elevator at work. :C
I only know how to play Fur Elise on the piano. Don't really have a way to practice but sometimes my gym teacher will let me play the piano in the gym.

individual11

Sep 6, 2010
Nationality: New Zealander
Race: Kiwi mongrel, mostly Caucasian
Height: 6'0" (1.83m)
Weight: 163 lbs (74 kg)

Amateur indie try-hard not-quite-there-but-not-giving-up game developer, that probably wouldn't fit the nerd archetype.

Shadowhawk77

Jul 30, 2011
What is the point of learning who we are if you only get our physical attributes... some nerds dont eat so their skinny some always eat and some are normal looking and you would never guess their a nerd on sight
Im a hardcore gamer without the 24/7 playing style and i love RPG and FPS games
Im ADDICTED to Oblivion and the upcoming Skyrim
I used to be a die hard COD player until Black Ops ruined the whole thing so now im going to BF3
Im somewhat antisocial(i.e. i wont talk to you but if you talk to me we can chat for hours)

This makes me nerdy but not overly nerdy i guess...and now i will put age etc. for your use of whatever your finding out
Age 17.5
height 5"4' and counting(late bloomer to an extreme)
weight 120 ish from last i checked
Race: White as hell including all of Europe for all i know(except France Italy and Spain)
My decendents lived in Poland and ran to Canada during WW1 or 2 i cant remember but they soon moved to US
Now you know me ^.^

Lizardon

Robot in Disguise
Mar 22, 2010
Nationality: Australian
Height: 195cm
Weight: ~100kg

People don't pick me as very nerdy when they see me and are often surprised that I don't play sport (apparently I'm built for it).

But yeah I am fairly nerdy/geeky. I own lots of science fiction and fantasy books and movies, plenty of games, play Dungeons and Dragons, play Yu-Gi-Oh, watch anime etc.

And if you're interested, I'm studying Nanotechnology at university.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Nationality: British/Australian
Height: 175cm
Weight: 72-ish kg

Enough of the physical crap, Im a hardcore RPG and a Saints Row fan, "Long live the ROW!".

And I love anime, manga, japanese culture, I like to draw art.

And I love dice and lightning.