Ideas for Death Battles?

DarklordKyo

Nov 22, 2009
What matchup would you want for a Death Battle, and what would be the connection between the fighters?

I'd personally love a match between the Crimson Chin and The Tick, since both are parody superheroes with contrasting color schemes (with both being essentially the Superman of their respective universes, except Tick can't fly).

Epyc Wynn

Disobey unethical rules.
Mar 1, 2012
Donald Trump versus Bernie Sanders. Trump becomes a dictator and Bernie Sanders leads the rebellion army. Challenges Trump to winner-take-all one-on-one combat.

PapaGreg096

Oct 12, 2013
I want to see and Ice battle royale featuring Gray, Akoji, Esdeath, Hitsuguya and Iceman.

WhiteFangofWhoa

Jan 11, 2008
I believe they did a Death Battle Cast of Tick versus Crimson Chin (not being familiar with the Chin I once suggested Tick vs. Earthworm Jim as well). They are quite detailed, but so far it seems like a DB cast means they're less likely to give it the battle treatment, such as their discussion of Ultron vs. Sigma.

There's a list that I randomly pick several from to suggest in each new edition, suggest them as well if you want to see 'em- there's strength in numbers:

Bahamut vs. Deathwing
Kingpin vs. E. Honda
Guardian Bob vs. Tron
Dr. Strange vs. Dr. Fate
Xenomorph Queen vs. Metroid Queen or Ridley
Negaduck vs. Wario (generally, the least grounded cartoon characters like Amy Rose or Astro Boy can be annoying in DB due to their wackiest feats being taken as proof of absurd strength/speed, but I like these two too much not to try)

ryan_cs

Aug 13, 2013
Genji (Overwatch) vs Zer0 (Borderlands 2). Both are ninjas. I've been playing a lot of both, can't you tell?

Isaac Clarke (Dead Space) vs Gordon Freeman (Half-Life). Engineer vs scientist.

Frisk (Undertale) vs Ness (Earthbound). Both are kids that have fought god-like entities.

WhiteFangofWhoa said:
Which one?

twistedmic

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 8, 2009
I think it would be interesting to see several large scale death battles between Game of Thrones human characters and Malazan Book of the Fallen human characters. Seven Kingdoms Army against Malazan Army and Dothraki vs Wickan. Mostly because both are epic fantasy series.

For a smaller scale death battle, I would like to see Iron Man going up against a member of the Mobile Infantry from the book Starship Troopers (power armor vs. power armor) or Yang from The Warrior's Way against Afro from Afro Samurai (highly competent swordsman against highly competent swordsman).

Kingjackl

Nov 18, 2009
Back in 2015 when these games were at their height, I kept thinking it would be cool to see Geralt vs the Bloodborne hunter. Monster hunters vs monster hunter. Both with fast, aggressive fighting styles augmented by mutant powers and support weapons. Geralt has his signs, bombs and potions, Bloodborne hunter has tools, molotov cocktails and copious amounts of blood syringes.

You know it has to climax with the Hunter taking a beast-blood pellet, transforming into a Gascoigne-esque werewolf monstrosity and Geralt being like "...yep" before switching out the steel sword for the silver.

Others I've put less thought into:
Cybermen vs Borg
All Might vs Captain Planet
Crash Bandicoot vs Spyro
Pikachu & Snorlax vs Ornstein & Smough

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Am not very good with fictional matchups because their plot armour and tendencies towards making shit up as they go along sort of renders the whole thought experiment a bit redundant for me personally. So maybe instead, cosmic monstrosities? Like a black hole Vs a white hole? Oh, that wasn't intended to sound as racial as it probably did. Hmm...a Quasar Vs a white dwarf? Antimatter Vs annoying human? Nestle Vs umbrella Venezuela's PDVSA or Exxon? PETA Vs gamergate?

McElroy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2013
Finland
The one I wanted was Prophet (from Crysis) versus Predator, but then they did it - small time but still.

Kreett

Constant Contrarian
Nov 20, 2009
Alucard from Hellsing Ultimate versus Alex Mercer from the first (and only) Prototype game.

Also Geralt of Rivia versus Aragorn son of Arathorn, both are master swordsmen and hunters near a hundred years old, one with magic blood and one with mutations; should be fun.

WhiteFangofWhoa

Jan 11, 2008
ryan_cs said:
WhiteFangofWhoa said:
Which one?
Whichever one creates the most even and interesting match up. I'm partial to an amalgamated form with the simple 'giant dragon' body, boasting all of the special powers that he's had across the games and able to speak like FFVIII Bahamut, but all that power might be an unfair match for even Cataclysm Deathwing.

Would also enjoy Isaac Clarke vs. Dr. Freeman.

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
It'd be another year before they could do it, but I'd like a July 4th special between Senator Armstrong from Revengeance and Michael Wilson from Metal Wolf Chaos

American Tanker

Feb 25, 2015
Here's an off-the-wall idea: Mobius One of Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies VS. Wedge Antilles of the Star Wars Classic Trilogy.

Why Wedge, you ask? Because he's THE Rebel fighter ace, and probably the single best fighter pilot in the setting. Granted, he's usually got allied wingmen backing him up, but he's also the only Rebel fighter pilot to survive BOTH Death Stars. Throw in his accomplishments in the rest of the "Legends" continuity, and I think we might have someone who could give Mobius a run for his money.

Also, yes, I really just want to see an aerial dogfight as a Death Battle. That would be cool.

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
I don't know anymore honestly, the matchups they've been doing for quite a while have been pretty pointless all around. Death Battle hardly even tries to fake being objective about it anymore so any given battle is just whoever they decide to win wins no matter how blatantly obvious it is that they'd lose, or worse they'll put together two combatants that aren't even remotely close to ability and have it be a total curbstomp battle.

That said, I might as well throw in a couple:
Ryu (Breath Of Fire) Vs. the Dovahkin.
X-Com Vs. The MIB

Drake the Dragonheart

The All-American Dragon.
Aug 14, 2008
immortalfrieza said:
Thaluikhain said:
immortalfrieza said:
X-Com Vs. The MIB
That one already happened, or had you forgotten for some reason?
I'm talking the MIB as in the movies and cartoon, not the alien enemy in Enemy Unknown.
Wasn't MIB a comic as well? I feel like there was either a comic or a graphic novel.

Mechwarrior vs Heavy Gear.