Ideas for improvements or new perks for Modern Warfare 2?

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
XT said:
xxhazyshadowsxx said:
Chiefmon said:
Yooz said:
Getting rid of pre-teens.
Seriously
I think he's being serious.
Have you played on Xbox Live lately?
i dont play anything on a console.
Well, Live is notorious (Don't worry Fanboys, PSN has their fair share also) to having Pre-teens and children screaming at you through mics. I don't play PC as much as I used to, but I vaguely remember people having an ounce of common sense.

EMFCRACKSHOT

Not quite Cthulhu
May 25, 2009
You should be able to have multiple attactchments for your guns, you unlock them all by killing, then every set of headshot challenges you complete allows you to use 1 extra attatchment. I would have loved and MP5 with silencer red dot sight and then throw in something like an extended clip. You should also be able to use the P90's laser sight, you can see it on the gun why can't you use it and you should be able to switch between burst, single shot and full auto on guns. And no vehicles, they ruin games-i'm looking at you treyarch-

And i would love a fully destructable environment, that would be pure liquid win

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
Chiefmon said:
xxhazyshadowsxx said:
Chiefmon said:
Yooz said:
Seriously
I doubt that Infinity Ward will burst in through the windows if a 12 year old in Seattle puts in the game. My point is that this is something that can't be controlled. I want helpful ideas.
You never know, it might be pretty epic. Where I was going with that, is a Mute feature (If there isn't already one, I've never had to use it) would be nice. I would also like to see a Perk that gives you multiple gun attachments, or just more attachments in general.

XT

May 21, 2008
ok, let me re-phrase.

I play it on PC, no one uses the in-game voip.

I've PLAYED it on PS3, and it was horrid. They could give you an en mass mute option.

XT

May 21, 2008
you know that spawn camping asshole in the tank in WaW?

that's me.

I dont care if they put vehicles in or not.

Chiefmon

Dec 26, 2008
xxhazyshadowsxx said:
Chiefmon said:
xxhazyshadowsxx said:
Chiefmon said:
Yooz said:
Seriously
I doubt that Infinity Ward will burst in through the windows if a 12 year old in Seattle puts in the game. My point is that this is something that can't be controlled. I want helpful ideas.
You never know, it might be pretty epic. Where I was going with that, is a Mute feature (If there isn't already one, I've never had to use it) would be nice.
Uh... there already is one in CoD WaW and CoD MW. Not to mention on the XboX you can mute anyone.

Halfbreed13

Apr 21, 2009
Barry93 said:
get rid of UAV's, airstrikes, and choppers. They ruin all fun and you get undeserving kills and deaths.
Also, no vehivles, no noob tubes, no rpg's, no rocketlaunchers, no juggernaut

Everyone spawns in areas unreachable by the other team to prevent spawn killing but you also can't camp there.

No late join

All challenges unlocked from the start.

only 55 levels, 10 prestiges

Allow more than one attachment on a gun but you must get headshots to earn them.

no hosts
*Claps for the Console Tard*
All of those are insanely dumb for the PC version, and I would imagine the console versions as well.

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
Chiefmon said:
xxhazyshadowsxx said:
Chiefmon said:
xxhazyshadowsxx said:
Chiefmon said:
Yooz said:
Seriously
You never know, it might be pretty epic. Where I was going with that, is a Mute feature (If there isn't already one, I've never had to use it) would be nice.
Uh... there already is one in CoD WaW and CoD MW. Not to mention on the XboX you can mute anyone.
I rebuttle, I've never had to use mine, so don't blame me for not knowing.

Halfbreed13

Apr 21, 2009
XT said:
Bjorn_Trotsky said:
Unfortunately, shotguns in games apparently CANNOT be anything like their real world counterparts.

It's like some sort of law. All shotguns MUST have a 50 metre spread over an 80 metre range. What's that? Shotguns are used to shoot bird many many metres away? SMALL MOVING TARGETS?? Noooo. Shotguns are more like blunderbusses. Really, we're game devs. Trust us.
I know, right? God forbid they be worth a damn.
You weren't scarred by the CoD2 shottie noobs... the horror!

XT

May 21, 2008
Halfbreed13 said:
XT said:
Bjorn_Trotsky said:
Unfortunately, shotguns in games apparently CANNOT be anything like their real world counterparts.

It's like some sort of law. All shotguns MUST have a 50 metre spread over an 80 metre range. What's that? Shotguns are used to shoot bird many many metres away? SMALL MOVING TARGETS?? Noooo. Shotguns are more like blunderbusses. Really, we're game devs. Trust us.
I know, right? God forbid they be worth a damn.
You weren't scarred by the CoD2 shottie noobs... the horror!
after the post traumatic stress that BF2 gave me, no, they did not.

Travdelosmuertos

Apr 16, 2009
Moeez said:
The changes I want would probably make it too much of a good game, and probably lose all the serious flaws that the CoD games already have. They'd have to work on everything:

Infinite respawns
Obvious scripting issues
Arcade-style shooting gallery
Auto-aim and grenade spamming enemies

Of course, this would make the CoD games more similar to good FPSs like Halo or Half Life, and I'm not sure IW is ready for such a drastic change. Who cares, every CoD 4 fan just wants more of the same, and more of the multiplayer, so yay for no changes in a not-so-great franchise!
I sincerely hope that in making such a comparison, you were being facetious. Half-Life and Halo are both in my top shooters list but Christ, to call CoD "arcade-style" as a negative thing and then to praise both Half-Life and Halo (both of which are very arcade run-n-gun, use heavy scripted events and some form of auto-aim)is just plain disregard to the facts!

Barry93

Mar 5, 2009
Halfbreed13 said:
Barry93 said:
get rid of UAV's, airstrikes, and choppers. They ruin all fun and you get undeserving kills and deaths.
Also, no vehivles, no noob tubes, no rpg's, no rocketlaunchers, no juggernaut

Everyone spawns in areas unreachable by the other team to prevent spawn killing but you also can't camp there.

No late join

All challenges unlocked from the start.

only 55 levels, 10 prestiges

Allow more than one attachment on a gun but you must get headshots to earn them.

no hosts
*Claps for the Console Tard*
All of those are insanely dumb for the PC version, and I would imagine the console versions as well.
Sorry for offending the PC gaming master race. But I'm honestly tired of people getting kills they don't desereve. People frequently know where I am because the noobs on my team suck so much. On other occasions, I get tossed into games already in progress where the team I'm on is getting annhilated. Do really need juggernaut and one-hit kills to keep your pathetic ass alive? Do you actually beleive you earned a kill when you kill someone when they spawn before your eyes? You also seem like the type of person to have played 1v1 cage matches and demand that the other person die 10 times via headshot so you canpimp out you M16 with red tiger camo.I kno u could care less, but I actually happen to be very good at the CoD series so I've been puzzled as to why I think it's the worst FPS series ever concieved, even worse than halo. I just want to see balanced multiplayer in a game for once; unsymmetrical maps and overpowered weapons+perks contribute to CoD4 being overrated crap. The PC version is probably played vastly different because of the control interface. On the PS3 version, the best strategy is too grab a p90 and spray bullets everywhere until everyone on the other team falls to the ground and then bitches and whines in the lobby that i'm a noob when they sit in the back with an M16.

Travdelosmuertos

Apr 16, 2009
Improvements I'd like to see:

I'd like them to limit the abuse of things like overkill to get dual grenade launchers. I think the second main weapon should not be able to have a launcher because that is like giving a person 2x Perk 1's. Last Stand needs to come back (fuck that second chance bullshit) and I think Juggernaut needs toned down just a tiny bit (It seems that it and stopping power are a little unbalanced from one another).

WaW actually helped fix the grenade spam in that they limited the 3x primaries to 2x. People should have to earn their grenade launchers, too. If they have to kill 200 people with a specific weapon before they get it, it would limit abuse because most people once they've played the game enough don't feel the need to rely on them anyway. I rarely encounter them in WaW (though admittedly I really don't play it all that much)

2x attachments would be nice, too. It would make customization feel more realistic and allow the player to really tailor to what they want to focus on.

I'd like IW to keep some of the WaW perks like Toss Back, specs and a few others I can't think of off the top of my head.

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
epicfailgamer said:
xxhazyshadowsxx said:
Chiefmon said:
Yooz said:
Seriously
funny enough ya i have and all i seem to see is people like 17+ screaming like children
I'm not saying that Adults don't act like children (Plenty do.) It's just a common stereotype that Everyone acting poorly online is an immature child, thats all.