If aliens came to Earth, what would you tell them about humanity?

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
Carrying on with the space theme. If aliens came to Earth, what would you tell them about humanity? Would you share some the finer products of our culture, invite them in for a cup of tea, or maybe warn them about our foibles?

Nothing too lewd, mind. If you wouldn't say it to your mother, don't say it to ET!

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
I'd tell them to get the hell off my property.

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
We have our issues, but I imagine that everyone does. The simple fact that you've visited us will likely radically change our perspective on our priorities and differences over the next few years. And showing us that interstellar travel is feasible will certainly spark a new space race as we rush to figure out how you did it. We have an interesting future coming up now. Thank you for giving us - as we like to say - a good kick in the pants.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Personally, I believe if alien life finds us, they will know about us before we know about them, and probably view us the way we view uncontacted tribes. So if I could tell them anything is that 'Not all of us want our culture protected, take us with you to future alien civilization!'

But I have a more optimistic view of theoretical alien civilizations than some do.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
"Are you here to take over and if so, how soon can you begin?"

Not that it matters. If they're here with hostile intentions, there's little we can do to stop them. I don't think they'd be stupid enough to get themselves locked in closets or come to a planet which is 70% covered with a substance that burns them. Besides, if they're in orbit, they already have the ultimate high ground.

Though one can speculate they can't be much worse then the current "leadership".

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
Dude check out this weeks meme!

But seriously if alien show up here I think it'd be best to talk to them about our issues with climate changes and see if they don't have some nifty tech they could spot us to take care of it. Maybe as about any big planet killer that might be roaming around and we're unaware of.

Ultimately we don't know much about any alien, we might be the most beligerent sentient lifeform in the universe or we might be the nicest, whetever will happen will be teh decision of the alien, considering they'd be in a stituation to easily wipe us out otherwise.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
Dude check out this weeks meme!
The Tom and Jerry one? (and of course, I can't find a copy of it anywhere now!)

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
" it's not worth conquering us just leave. Not because we will put up a fight but just because we are such assholes."
"Even if you come in peace and give us a bunch of awesome stuff, half the population will complain and a very vocal fraction will accuse you of plotting to eat/brainwash their childern and enslave them"

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
I’d tell them to not bother, we’re too ornery to be decent slaves, to persnickety to be members of any Federations, Alliances or Republics. See above comments regarding slavery for Empires. But I’d probably also say thank you for proving we’re not alone. And that maybe in a few centuries we’ll have chilled the fuck out and my much cooler great, great grandchildren will meet them as equals.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Couple o' things, splendid alien creature people;

1. It was like this when I got here, i tried my best to clear up after them but they outnumber me greatly and have vast filthy machinations.

2. They say I got a choice, a voice called democracy or some shit, to make things better. But what they don't tell you is it don't count for shit if you're outnumbered by louder stupider selfisher people, which by the way I always bloody am. Do you know what it's like to be consistently outnumbered by the stupid and selfish? Course you don't, you're adventuring across space!

3. Alright, let's get down to it...take me with you please!...? Unless you're not very nice aliens, in which case, can I have that cool looking vapourising rifle and stealth movement tech pretty please while you head on your way? Ta very much.

Last edited:

morsomk

The Shape of Water was the worst movie of 2017.
Legacy
Apr 8, 2020
Hell
Country
Cold
"What do they eat?" is my first question, otherwise I cannot be immersed with the idea that aliens exist.

Aegix Drakan

♪ Megalovania is a genre ♪
Legacy
Apr 30, 2020
Canada
Country
Canada
Not gonna lie, first things first I'd have to ask "Are you here to invade, occupy, assimilate or destroy humanity, or the planet itself? I need to know if I should cross Alien Invasion off my Apocalypse Bingo Card".

Because seeing how 2020 is going, and how the last few years have been going, honestly, that wouldn't surprise me.

Massive environmental disasters, global pandemics, incompetent/malicious people (in addition to the usual corrupt people) in power everywhere, and now Japanese hornets sighted in North America, all happening at once?

Why not just cap it all off with an alien invasion at this point? It would be believable enough.

*cough*

Assuming that's not what the aliens are here to do, well, then I'd ask them what they know about us, what their purpose for visiting is, and I'd try my best to fill in the gaps. Tell them "yeah, humans are super inventive and resourceful, but a lot of us are easily misled or self-serving. Please be extra levels of careful when interacting with us. If, however, you meet some open-minded ones, you're in for a good time. :) "