If Bethesda makes another Elder Scrolls where would you want it to be?

hannan4mitch

Jan 19, 2010
Well, I'd like to see a new Elder Scrolls game which includes more than one area of the Empire. That, and (maybe) a technological awakening; that is, the skills used by the Dwemer have been re-discovered and are being used, but to a significantly less complete/masterful extent, we can't have the general population being suddenly evaporated because they tried to build a machine god... Essentially, like the Renaissance, but on Nirn, and NO GUNS.

lumenadducere

May 19, 2008
Either the Argonian or Khajit homelands. Or another continent. But I'd really like for some more non-traditional fantasy settings like the ones the beast races come from, as those would be new and interesting landscapes. Not that Skyrim isn't interesting, but it isn't anywhere near as much of a departure from traditional settings as Morrowind was.

Penguin_Factory

Sep 13, 2010
Not sure how geographically feasible this is since I don't know anything about the Elder Scrolls world outside Cyrodiil and Skyrim, but it would be cool to set the game along the border of one or two different regions, so you could have three different types of terrain all in one game.

Also this is totally out there, but I would love to somehow visit one of the moons. They just look so enticing, floating up there and taunting me.

darksuccubus

Jan 11, 2011
That's the question I always wanted to answer and I hope Bethesda will listen to us :D I personally would love to be in Elsweyr, Khajiit homeland. Every single race looks down on them so it really would be interesting to see how they view others and what is their society like

Klagermeister

Jun 13, 2008
Summerset Isle.
Despite being the homeland to the douchebaggiest race in Tamriel, it sounds like a pretty interesting place.
That or Valenwood, since Wood Elves are awesome and a land of huge, migratory trees sounds interesting.

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
Black marsh would be rocking and aw3s0me and l33t, but Elsyw or whatever with the khajjit would be neat and totaly rad to daddy ho hip hop.

pffh

Oct 10, 2008
Akavir! Why? Because monkey men, vampiric lizard people and dragon tiger people. That's why.

Kronoscar

Feb 18, 2010
I think Elsweyr (sp) would be nice, but what I really want is another game in Morrowind. Not only is it (in my opinion) the best looking landscape, the culture in Morrowind was awesome! As a side note, my favourite race is Dark Elf.

pffh

Oct 10, 2008
Popadoo said:
You seem to be forgetting that Cyrodil was originally a jungle and the Ayleid ruins were originally supposed to be based on the Aztecs but what we got was southern england and generic fantasy high elven buildings.

Djaevlenselv

May 3, 2011
If I had to pick just one province, it would be Summerset Isles. I think a region dominated by the most magically and (I think) technologically developed race in Tamriel would make for a very interestion setting. Also, if the game took place on both of the major isles, it could make for some interesting water based gameplay like sailing and finding sunken stuff and shit...

Though what I really want is an Elder Scrolls game that gives us access to all of Tamriel. Imagine the entire continent fully fleshed out with no region in the game less detailed than they've already been in past games. High Rock and Hammerfell no smaller than they were in Daggerfall, Vvardenfell every bit as large as it was in Morrowind, a far more meticulously designed Cyrodiil than in Oblivion and a Skyrim no less grand than in the eponymous game. All of those in one game. That's what I want for the next Elder Scrolls.

freaper

snuggere mongool
Apr 3, 2010
Diablo2000 said:
freaper said:
How about: Everywhere? An Elder Scrolls MMORPG
Didn't was already a attempt to do that when Oblivion was in it's high?
Idk, I'm new to the franchise. While I understand that an MMORPG is nowhere near the same as a singleplayer RPG, I still like the idea.

AugustFall

May 5, 2009
I feel like anywhere that isn't diverse or focusing on very human looking characters is unlikely (sorry lizard lovers, it may be an expansion though!).
Desert areas seem unlikely too as as far as scenery goes that can get boring. The sense of elevation was amazing and walking through a forest is more interesting than a desert. Although I'm sure they could do it actually. I'm imagining a lot of oasises (sp).

I'm not an Elder Scrolls buff (although I'm a convert now) so I guess I call on the true fans, where is the next most diverse (so other races won't seem out of place) area with a human like indigenous population?

A combination of areas like around the borders of a bunch of areas might be a possibility.

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
Hammerfell would be cool. From what I understand at it's center is a huge desert but it's surrounded by much more variated landscape by the coast and nearer Skyrim so you can still have a varied game.

I'd love to see Elsywer but Kajiit's only work in small doses, plus there would be little variation. If they where to make Elsywer, Blackmarsh and Valenwood into one game though I'd be all over it like a rash, their each small enough.

jFr[e]ak93

Apr 9, 2010
Thyunda said:
Hammerfell. Deserts are awesome.
Great just what we need. Another first person game set in a desert.
Sorry, I jest. That would be cool...

I was going to be a wise guy and say Morrowind.... but I'll vote either Hammerfell (cuz that would be cool and the name would be awesome) or Black Marsh.

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
Though to be fair Summerset Isles could be cool. You could go really bizzare and psycadelic with it, completely the oppisite of Skyrim which feels very grounded in reality (a reality with dragons in it but...you know).

I think you would have to come up with a good reason why there were so many other races there though. Maybe a hundred or so years later the island has returned (I understand it's disappeared as of the time of Skyrim) and the races of Tamiel are launching a coquest of the island, much to the dismay of the Elves who have been deminished after the defeat of the Thalmor years ago.

Not sure who you'd want to make the big bad though...maybe the Dwarves return as god like entities or something.

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
Probably Elsweyr.
Give the Khajiits a break, man.
They're always either slaves or horribly prejudiced against.
Make the Nords or the Imperials tent outside of the cities for a change.