If I were to buy a psp, what three games would you reccomend?

jackpackage200

Jul 4, 2011
Psps are dirt cheap right now so what games would suggest?

Edit: not a big fan of jrpgs excluding the Tales Of series

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
Depends on what you like, but,

Lumines is fun, so is Final Fantasy 7 Crisis Core or one of the God of War titles. Metal Gear Peace Walker is pretty good too. Star Ocean The Second Hope ( or something akin to this ) can be fun. Killzone Liberation is also fun.

Then there are also games you can download from the PSN, for example PS1 classics. I would recommend Alundra, Suikoden, Wild Arms and Castlevania Symphony of the Night.

If you look around, you will find enough games.

Issurru

Jun 13, 2010
Monster Hunter is a must for me, great game, even more so if you have friends to play it with. I would also say Valkyria Chronicles 2, but its also somewhat of continuation from the ps3 game which I would also recommend. Um as for a 3rd? I'll just say patapon 3 since it looked kinda cool when I saw my roommate playing it.

Edit: I forgot persona 3 portable. Damn good rpg.

Edit Again!: To clarify: Monster Hunter is a hard as hell series that pits you against monsters of increasingly ridiculous badassery as well as jackassery (depending on what MH you actually get) and you make equipment from the monsters you kill so you can rank up and kill even bigger badder and harder monsters

x-machina

Sep 14, 2010
I loved GTA liberty/vice city and Silent Hill: Shattered Memories is pretty good too.

I would recommend Persona Portable 3 but, you said you don't like JRPGs

LeonLethality

Mar 10, 2009
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite is an amazing game, it's a game that rewards skill over button mashing. I don't know what genre to place it in, I think it's generally called the hunting genre for which it's pretty much the founder of. Look up some gameplay of it and see if you like it, I find it hard to describe.

Gods Eater Burst is another one I would tell you to get, it's pretty much Monster Hunter goes to anime, it's faster paced and a bit more forgiving but just as fun to me, it'd different enough from Monster Hunter to warrant getting it.

And the last is Dissidia 012: Final Fantasy, It's an amazing 3D fighter with a lot of RPG elements. It's based off Final Fantasy but it's not really a JRPG, as I said, 3D fighter.

I wanted to keep this post short so I didn't gush on about how the games are, look up some gameplay footage if you are interested in any of them.

Edit: as people have said, PS1 classics are an amazing thing as well, sure you can get them on the PS3 or PS1 but it's really cool to play like, Parasite Eve on the go. (on that note I also recommend 3rd Birthday!)

Battleaxx90

Jul 8, 2011
Hmm... I don't acutally own a PSP, but if I did have one, I'd Dissidia Final Fantasy 012 and Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Daxter, Resistance Retribution, Killzone Liberation.

Barring those, the God Of War games for the PSP were also good fun.

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
saintdane05 said:
Ollybol8 said:
saintdane05 said:
There are games for the PSP?
Really? :(
Really. The only one I can think of is Battlefront 2 and Little Big Planet.
This is about all I can expect from someone with a Pony-Hatsune Miku avatar. :p

Get out there and look around, games a' plenty !

Blue Horn

May 16, 2010
Castlvania:Dracula X Chronicles, Megaman:powered Up...I really can't think of a third..

80Maxwell08

Jul 14, 2010
I would recommend the entire Ys series for them (save the ark of napishtim its nowhere near bad but its not as good as the others and it has some abysmal loading times). They are similar to the Zelda series but have an emphasis on combat instead of puzzles.

Ledan

Apr 15, 2009
Battleaxx90 said:
Hmm... I don't acutally own a PSP, but if I did have one, I'd Dissidia Final Fantasy 012 and Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep.
And that is the only reason I own one. T'is awesome :D . I would say KH:BBS has a better combat system than KH2.
OT: Dissidia, KHBBS, Daxter, the good ratchet and clank game, NOT the final fantasy tactics game, NOT the monster hunter game (unless you're already a fan), GTA games (they are a lot like vice city/ san andreas). I've pretty much been ninjad already. GOW as well.....

Iggy Rufflebar

Mar 26, 2008
While it's sort of counter productive, i'd say to not bother wasting your money on it. Put your money towards... well at the very least a PS Vita. Personally I can't stand the whole concept of a touch screen (especially with how it's used in dynasty warriors but that's a different topic). The PSP had very little support and other than getting remakes like the final fantasy games, there's not much there.

At least the PS Vita will have more support.

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
Monster Hunter Unite.
IF youve never played a Monster Hunter game, your life is never complete.
300+ hours put into MH: Freedom 2, and that carried over into Unite.

Its a simple game, that rewards your hard work. No cheap achievements or gratification from it. If your looking for a game that will reward your hard work, and present it to you with amazing armors, weapons, and new missions to bash your face against, Monster Hunter Unite is the game.

Now that im done with my Fanboyism, lets go over some other games you might want.

Harvest Moon is always a game you can sink time into. Addictive, fun and simple. The most reason one is "Harvest Moon: Hero Of Leaf Valley". It was good. Not the best harvest moon to be produced, but if your looking for a mobile game you can pause at will, nothings better then harvest moon.

Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core was pretty good, as was "FF IV: Complete Collection". Both are good games if your looking for something alot more linear.

I wouldnt suggest any of the Dynasty Warriors games for the PsP though. Ive tried them all, and im pretty glad i didnt get buy them.

Guilty Gear is an amazing Fighting game if your looking for one, and it translated to the PSP pretty well.

Metal Gear Solid isnt the worst game for the PSP. They just released a new one, and ive heard alot of good things about it.

Phantasy Star Portable was a great game for PSP, following its console versions. If your into PSO, you might get a kick out of it. But its not a game for everyone.

And thats about it for my favorite games on the PSP. Its a system that doesnt get the good coverage it should. Big in Japan, small in the US. Hope this helps :D

AugustFall

May 5, 2009
FF Tactics for sure. My favorite Final Fantasy and they added the Dark Knight! God I remember spending ages trying every stupid "code" or "cheat" to unlock that on the PS1.