If someone is a post-op transsexual, are they obligated to tell the person they are pursuing/dating?

Psykoma

Nov 29, 2010
I wouldn't use that machine, I don't really want to go through periods unless it means I could get pregnant :/

Psykoma

Nov 29, 2010
Melanie McGreevey said:
Psykoma said:
I wouldn't use that machine, I don't really want to go through periods unless it means I could get pregnant :/
As i said having a child doesn't interest me, hell i go through the emotional mood swings already, i don't want craps as well lol.

yeah i get the mood swings as well, totally annoying and for the first while it really screwed with my friends who weren't used to my mood changing so much, that part was pretty fun though :evil face:

For me, I do want kids, my own would be nice but I've come to terms with that's not going to happen, so if there was a way developed for me to get pregnant I'd probably try it, if not (and what will almost definitely happen) going to be looking for either surrogates or adopting

Psykoma

Nov 29, 2010
Melanie McGreevey said:
Yep, there's always other options. My parents didn't have children, my brother and i were both adopted. My father's family has some sort of genetic "disorder" that ALL his siblings have to be on a certain med their entire life. They were being responsible and not forcing that on any offspring they wanted to have. I consider myself one lucky girl to be adpoted by two amazingly loving and accepting parents.
awww, that's so sweet :)

I have to confess though, irl I don't know anyone who's adopted or who was adopted :/

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
A Weakgeek said:
CrystalShadow said:
Since you seem to know your stuff medical wise I'm going to ask you a question. What kind of pleasure does one get from having sex with an artificial penis, since that thing cant feel anything? Wouldn't It be pretty much the same thing if I attached a pickle or something on my stomach and used that?

PS: This is a serious question, even though it might seem like trolling.
Ah, well, I have nothing against answering questions as such.
So I'll take this one at face value.

It's not actually true that an artificial penis doesn't feel anything.
While it contains a rather strange arrangement to make something resembling an erection possible, it is otherwise constructed of human skin & muscle.

The glans penis (The tip - The part most of the sensations men feel during sex comes from) in this case is at least partially constructed from the clitoris.

Prolonged exposure to testosterone causes the clitoris to become much larger.
When performing surgery to construct an artificial penis, they relocate the nerve endings in the clitoris so they end up as part of the glans penis.

The end result is that while there is no way of knowing how similar it is to the sensation you'd get from a real penis, the artificially constructed one contains more than enough nerve endings to produce quite a lot of sensations, and the associated pleasures.

So, no. It's not the case that you wouldn't feel anything. And as such it's not at all comparable to simply attaching something vaguely the correct shape to your body.

Hope that clarifies it a little. It seems people can't help but underestimate what's possible with modern medicine... (Even if it is far from perfect.)