If something is given to you for FREE, do you have the right to complain or rant about it?

Cecilo

Nov 18, 2011
I don't see why you wouldn't be able to, "Journalists" and Reviewers have made a business out of getting free games and complaining and/or ranting about the negative things they found in the game.

Rabbitboy

Apr 11, 2014
People say "Never look a gift horse in the mouth" but you still have to feed it and pay it's dentistry bills. So Yes you are allowed to complain although depending on the circumstances it can make you look like an ungrateful bastard.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Well, what is it that's being offered or foisted upon you? If it's a faulty product or an STD, you'd be quite right to kick up a fuss. If it's a patch for a game that didn't work on day one then you can criticize the company for its practices but you'd better do so constructively if you want them to avoid repeating them. If they're giving you a gift for no reason other than they felt like doing something nice, you should be grateful.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Keoul said:
Yes.
I mean someone could seriously gift me shit wrapped in a box and I can't call him out on it just cause it was free?
They really could. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.867201-Cards-Against-Humanity-Sold-Poop-and-People-Actually-Bought-It]

OT: This person's complaint was completely free of charge so anybody who complains about people complaining about free things will also be complaining about free things. I mean, that person took time out of their busy schedule to tell them exactly what was wrong with their videos so that they could improve, and nobody shows any appreciation. Bunch of ingrates.