If you could bring any setting to the real world?

BlazeRaider

Dec 25, 2009
Mass effect sounds interesting, if only because it would have everything we already have + more. INB4 some monster says the Berserk universe.

Total LOLige

Jul 17, 2009
Some kind of steampunk world, I really like that setting as a concept but strangely enough I haven't read/seen/played any steampunk(other than Dishonored) material. I'd definitely go for Firefly's sci-fi western/Chinese theme as well, think of all the awesome swears, Shun-SHENG duh gao-WAHN(means Holy Testicle Tuesday,apparently).

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
There was a thread a little while back about which setting you would live in if you could, this seems about the same but in reverse. I'd probably go with Deus Ex: Human Revolution, because cybernetic upgrades, and also the aesthetics of the world. In fact, just the sunglasses would be enough. Doesn't screw up my ponytail when I put them on.

Gatx

Jul 7, 2011
Pokemon is usually my go to answer for these sorts of things, but Yu-Gi-Oh! GX wouldn't be bad either. It's important to specify GX in particular though because 5D's is a dystopia with heavy class segregation, and the original is basically our world but where card games are just slightly more important. In GX though, you get to go to Yu-Gi-Oh Hogwarts to learn how to become a professional Yu-Gi-Oh player instead of actual school.

dumbseizure said:
Mine would be the entire setting to Ghost in the Shell. I love cyberpunk, and the idea of having a cyborg body or cyber brain is so appealing that to me, its hard to resist.
MeChaNiZ3D said:
There was a thread a little while back about which setting you would live in if you could, this seems about the same but in reverse. I'd probably go with Deus Ex: Human Revolution, because cybernetic upgrades, and also the aesthetics of the world. In fact, just the sunglasses would be enough. Doesn't screw up my ponytail when I put them on.
You guys understand that part of the cyberpunk setting requires that even though stuff looks cool, it's a shit place to live, with all kinds of social upheaval and injustices abound right?

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
Gatx said:
MeChaNiZ3D said:
You guys understand that part of the cyberpunk setting requires that even though stuff looks cool, it's a shit place to live, with all kinds of social upheaval and injustices abound right?
Yep, that's how easily amused I am.

But seriously, mercenaries and scientists have it alright.

Bolwing

Mar 5, 2012
Either Rapture (without the downfall and side effects of the plasmids) or the entire Mundus (The universe in which TES games take place, not the first DMC antagonist).

Dec 15, 2009
The Night Watch books by Sergei Lukyanenko, but only if I get to be An Other, a powerful Dark Magician preferably. I choose Dark not necessarily because I want to be evil (I don't... I swear...believe me...), but because I would want to be left alone for the most part. Oh, and when I say powerful I mean I want to be a Higher Other, so that I can make portals, because that would be cool.

Arqus_Zed

Aug 12, 2009
Legaia.
As in "Legend of Legaia", the first one.

Gonna go find myself a Ra-seru to wrap around my wrist!

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Many good ones have been mentioned and as I want to mentiona new one.
Pokemon was taken, as was HP Lovecraft and FMA...
Another anime? Naruto... because then also everyone has the possibility of using their and getting good skills, equality ;)

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
The pokemon universe

Think about it, I know it's just Anime touch ups but come the fuck on. THIS WOULD BE PERFECT TO LIVE IN:

A universe where man is dominant but is relatively clean to the environment, on top of that, the world is populated by creatures with extreme power with a decent enough intellect. We work together towards a mutual relationship between humans and pokemon and guns are almost non-existent so wars come down to battles.

Just gimmie an Empoleon for Surfing and a Staraptor for flying and I will be:

Greatest. Universe. Ever. (Not middle earth)

Da Orky Man

Yeah, that's me
Apr 24, 2011
Warhammer 40k.

Some men just want to see the world burn. And maimed. And killed, fifty times over.

ManaAdvent

Apr 16, 2010
The Land of Ooo. Sure it may be post-apocalyptic, but hey, an entire Kingdom made out of CANDY!

TWEWYFan

Mar 22, 2012
sextus the crazy said:
Probably Pokemon because, you know, Pokemon.

I figure that this answer will make up half of the responses.
Well you guessed mine correctly at least. Lots of interesting wild life, cool battles, and a world so safe 10 year olds regularly leave home to travel across it.

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
Rapelay...

And for my serious answer....Scribblenauts. Draw anything I want into existence? Yes please.

Spartan448

Apr 2, 2011
I hate to be bland, but the Metal Gear version of the real world. Solely because I want to pilot a Metal Gear.

BeoW0lfe

Jan 31, 2013
This might get me shanked by the anime fans of Escapist. But Sword Art Online. Say what you will about the show, that premise is fantastic. anyone who doesnt want a full dive vrmmorpg is lying!

Btw, side note, forgive me if the formatting is whack or anything. first post.

BlackStar42

Jan 23, 2010
The Mass Effect universe pre-Reaper invasion. Earth is in a new golden age, you can visit the height of galactic civilisation on the Citadel and see all the wonders of space and all. Just stay away from the more remote colonies, nothing good ever seems to happen there.