If you could choose a company for Nintendo to work with to make a Pokemon game...

DRTJR

Aug 7, 2009
This might be a little "in house" but Intelegent systems, the guys who make Fire Emblem. at the other extrem Bethesda.

latiasracer

Jul 7, 2011
EA! Because they are just amazing, and gotta love their work ethic /sarcasm

Fitzcaraldo said:
Bethesda! You know that opening tutorial bit of Skyrim where a dragon attacks a city? Imagine that, except the dragon is a Charizard.
But id say this. A Bethesda pokemon game would kick ass!

StorytellingIsAMust

Jun 24, 2011
DRTJR said:
This might be a little "in house" but Intelegent systems, the guys who make Fire Emblem. at the other extrem Bethesda.
That'd be pretty cool, but their style seems pretty similar to what their already doing with the collaboration with Tecmo Koei that's already going on.

Sandytimeman

Brain Freeze...yay!
Jan 14, 2011
Seriously I'd have to say Doublefine, I bet Tim Schafer could do some amazing things with the ocncept. Additionally, I'd like to see Bioware or Blizzard take a crack at it.

Scorekeeper

Mar 15, 2011
BioWare: The Pokemon game could have interesting characters and dialogue
Bethesda: It could be an open-world game a la Skyrim
Obsidian: It could be bugged as hell but have a meaningful story and unique characters
Valve: It would take a decade to make but would be without bugs (sorry, Beedrill)
Mojang: "That's a nice house you have there. Sure would be a shame if anything were to happen to--SSSSSSS. -Voltorb
From Software: Because you thought Zubats needed to be even worse.

Arqus_Zed

Aug 12, 2009
Blizzard,

that way we wouldn't have the same damn game being released every two years - in pairs or triplicates even!

zHellas

Quite Not Right
Feb 7, 2010
Buretsu said:
How about Bioware? Hopefully we'll get a story in a Pokemon game that isn't just "some guy/girl/Pokemon's doing bad things with Pokemon, go stop him/her".
Plus they could put in a choice to be evil! >:D

Really curious to see as to how saying yes the guy at the end of Nugget Bridge would have gone down.

EDIT: Sorry for the repost.

zHellas

Quite Not Right
Feb 7, 2010
Buretsu said:
How about Bioware? Hopefully we'll get a story in a Pokemon game that isn't just "some guy/girl/Pokemon's doing bad things with Pokemon, go stop him/her".

Really curious to see as to how saying yes the guy at the end of Nugget Bridge would have gone down.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
cyber95 said:
I'unno.

Atlus? Shin Megami Pokemon.
most SMT games boil down to monster collecting as is,

StorytellingIsAMust said:
Double Fine. I think that their brand of humor would lend itself beautifully to a Pokemon game.
this, would probably be the best pokemon game ever

StorytellingIsAMust

Jun 24, 2011
zHellas said:
Buretsu said:

Definitely, a chance to play for the other team would be a refreshing change.

Also, how about Sid Meier's team takes on a game about managing a Pokemon gym? That'd be pretty cool.

Sixties Spidey

Elite Member
Jan 24, 2008
Zynga would make a kickass Pokemon game! Imagine:

PIKACHU! I CHOOSE- *pay 0.99 to choose Pikachu!*

Alright, for real: Retro Studios. If Metroid Prime and DKC Returns doesn't say anything about how they handled Nintendo franchises, I don't know what else does. I'd actually love to see them make a massive Pokemon game on the Wii or something like Monster Hunter Tri on the Wii.

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
Buretsu said:
They tried that with Sonic the Hedgehog. ...It didn't really work. Besides, knowing Bioware they'd turn catching Pokemon into an arbitrary moral choice.

OT: If they're intending to make a Pokemon MMO, they could get Rockstar to create the world map. As for Bethesda, well, the claim that they make "living, breathing worlds" doesn't hold water with me because I thought that Cyrodiil and the Capital Wasteland were both empty and soulless.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Sober Thal said:
Microsoft. Maybe then a Pokemon game would be released that I could play.

I gots the no Nintendo system blues...
Why, they'd still have to get the nintendo seal of approval, and Nintendo doesnt like to hand thoes out to other consoles often. Besides, they'd probably team up with Sony first, since Sony is at least in the same country and you dont have as much of the east/west divide.

OT:

Atlus. The pokemon designs would be good. Not that I dont like the ones that are out now really (every generation has its good and bad, and the rest [read majority] are average) but it would be cool. Plus Atlus pretty much most understands Nintendo's Formula for a game.

Burntpopcarn

May 29, 2011
The guys who made saints row 3. The result: endless character customization, open world, companions that assist you in battle, a more mature, better storyline, different battle mechanics and different graphics. EPIC WIN!!!

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
Ooh.
I'd reinstate Pandemic Studios. They would then make a shitload of money from the game(it won't be good, but kids buy anything with the Pokemon mark) so they can start creating The Saboteur 2.
Yes!

WalrusPowers

Mar 30, 2011
Guys, if Bethesda made it it would probably turn out like some sort of weird FPS imagining.

I say Blizzard. They're usually good at infusing games with some sort of community base. Far better than that weird pokecentre trading thing those games usually try to do.