if you could erase ONE game from your memory to play it for the first time again...

IronMit

Jul 24, 2012
Dark souls...i kept looking up guides which reduced the epicness for me (it was still v v good)
But i can at least start demon souls now and not look up anything ever

DaWaffledude

Apr 23, 2011
KoTOR, just for that plot twist. I never got to experience it unspoiled, and it still gives me shivers.

Adeptus Aspartem

Jul 25, 2011
Definitly Mass Effect. Delete the whole series from my memory. Give me the first part but do not tell me there's a sequel and my actions have consequences - just let me play.
Then give me the second and at last the third one.

Would probably the mostestest epicest gaming expirience in my life :p

That.. or Portal / Halflife 2

Renegade-pizza

Jul 26, 2010
Homefront. The ONE game that made me ashamed to be a gamer...

Were the Korean armed forces the offspring of Skeletor and Hitler? It was just God awful

bananafishtoday

Nov 30, 2012
cathou said:
Final fantasy VI. I played that game for more than 200 hours and I know pretty much everything about it. Just thinking of rediscovering the story again for the first time make me shiver
Yes.

No question, FF6. I still replay it every couple years, and I love it more every time. What I wouldn't give to be able to experience it again fresh.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Bioshock. I had it spoiled for me because I had to wait a few years to play it.

Murrdox

Nov 20, 2012
It's hard to pick just one game! My choices would come down to The Witcher games or Planescape Torment to experience the story, or Heroes of Might and Magic 3 to learn how to play that awesome strategy game again from square 1. Also System Shock 2 because the first playthrough of that game with no spoilers is just... OMG!

Gonna have to go Planescape Torment on this. System Shock 2 is a very close second.

Feraswondervahnn

Jul 15, 2010
There are 3. Dungeon Keeper, Neverwinter Nights: Hordes of the Underdark, and I kinda agree with the Walking Dead to be fair. Nothing beats playing a game for the first time if it leaves a lasting impression!

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Either OoT (obvious, I know, but genuine), OR FFX. Both have a good length, and a great sense of discovery and depth.

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
Either Fable: The Lost Chapter, Tales of Vesperia, TES: Morrowind or Persona 4: Golden (assuming I forgot everything about the PS2 version too). It's honestly a really tough decision. I'd probably just end up sticking them all into a randomizer and seeing which one is the lucky one.

Morsomk said:
Yay. I wasn't being yelled at(got legitimately scared for a sec).

Btw, been having Persona 4 backlogged on my shelf for freakin' ages now. I can either play a game with amazing character development and fantastic story, or I could keep playing Omerta City of Gangster and possibly get the chance of hearing a 1920-30 gangster say "Myah". What do ya think I should do?
If you have the option, skip the PS2 version entirely and play P4: Golden on the Vita. It's an entirely better game all around with a whole 3 months of in game bonus material plus a new dungeon and several new comms and events littered throughout the game.

Of course, that is if you have the option available. I'm not going to tell you to go buy a Vita just for P4: Golden. Even though that was the reason I bought mine...

Thedutchjelle

Mar 31, 2009
Deus Ex.

That WHAM moment when you learn what's in UNATCO Authorized access only area.
Or when you kill Navarre onboard the 747 and it WORKS.

Ihateregistering1

Mar 30, 2011
Planescape Torment, would give anything to play that game again spoiler-free and not knowing anything about the plot, characters, or Planescape universe.

Skuggen

Oct 12, 2009
Original War.

One of the most unique RTS I have ever played and still is . I remembered when I was younger I got hold of a demo and I fell in love instantly. Since that moment I play through it once every year (thanks GOG.com)

I would have given anything to play that game for the first time again.

Kinitawowi

Nov 21, 2012
Chrono Trigger. Dat main character death.

And if I went back to Bayonetta blind, Chapter 14 would kill me because I'd be in tears from nearly start to finish.

cerebreturns

Jan 15, 2013
Final fantasy 7. While it wasn't my favorite game (is near the top) It was the best experience. Though to be honest it was more the entire situation in my life.

...unless you can count World of Warcraft. The first 2 years of playing that, the community, everything involved...

I guess really the games are only part of why they have such a great memory...

but I can't think of a better one (other then wow) then opening up my ps1, ff7, on christmas, and spending the next 3 days around family, great food, and playing non stop.

However if we are talking about just the game, none of the multiplayer, community or feelings around the game at the time...just the game its self...

would have to go with...mechwarrior 2 or total annihilation.

RobThePrezodent

Oct 2, 2009
definitely ocarina of time. i remember when i first got to that part where you meet saria playing the ocarina and my friend was like "yeah this is where you use the hookshot to get into the forest temple." and i was like "hookshot? forest temple? that sounds like the coolest thing ever!" And it was.