If you could exist in a game universe which would it be?

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
If I'm just me... Star Trek. Earth as a perfect utopia with no monetary system and tech that can make life whatever you want it to be? Where do I sign up? ...I'd want to avoid all forms of combat, though. Wars are both brutal and boring in Star Trek. Not sure how they accomplished that.

If I get to be Force sensitive, though... Star Wars.

Neither are strictly game universes, I know... but there are games set in both.

Herr Schatz

Jul 31, 2011
The Monkey Island Universe. Cause I can hang around, fulfilling all my pirate fantasies, without ever having to worry about death.

Innegativeion

Positively Neutral!
Feb 18, 2011
Pokemon universe, basically our old familiar universe crossed with super-powered, easily tamed pets.

I would own a manaphy named tempest and live near a beach.

The Eyeball Moose

Jun 16, 2011
I'd like to go to the magical Planet Bomber, the only place where everyone's a terrorist and pink balls protrude from your ninja suit.

SamBargeron

Jun 23, 2011
Pokemon. Preferably the Kanto region, but any will do honestly. Most of the other game settings would probably end in me being murdered by an Orc or something. Seriously, you think that if you live in the Kingdom Hearts world you'll get to travel with Sora? NO! You'll be living in a Disney city waiting to be SAVED by Sora, if your heart isn't stolen first. Most everyone dies in Kingdom Hearts. Keep that in mind.

In pokemon, anyone who wants to be a trainer can be. That is awesome. EVERYONE has pokemon. Sweetness.

baddude1337

Taffer
Jun 9, 2010
Probably Star Wars. You can do pretty much anything in that. I wouldn't mind being a badass half cyborg super force user like Starkiller in the Ultimate Sith Edition on Hoth, but actually be good.

Oh, and obviously have the black lightsaber. It looks so damn sexy.

PleasantAsAHeadcrab

Jan 22, 2011
I'd....kind of like to live in the Prototypse universe.
I'd stay in my apartment all day so I wouldn't get sick/hurt, and I'd say hello to Alex whenever he'd run across my window and eventually either befriend him or be murdered horribly by him.

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
pokemon now and forever! but I wouldn't just stay in one region i'd go to them all and catch as many pokemon as possible

Rufei

Mar 30, 2011
devotedsniper said:
That or Final Fantasy X or maybe even Skies of Arcadia.
Skies of Arcadia, oh god, Skies of Arcadia!

The world of Mabinogi would also be pretty cool. And while life would be hard, the world of the original Crystal Chronicles would also be awesome.

Psiboom

Oct 11, 2009
Persona~

It'd be like living in the real world, except there'd be the occasional Hitler, and incompetent cooks nearly murdering you by accident. But I mean, that stuff happens normally~

Overblaze

Jul 17, 2009
Lilani said:
Vana'diel, from Final Fantasy XI. It's just...so awesome. So, so awesome.

This!!! I enjoy how one person can do literally anything they want vs the WoW universe where you pick a class and stick with it.

I, personally, would do either ffxi (probably summoner or black mage as main job) or wow (undead rogue)

Varanfan9

Mar 12, 2010
A Hentai game universe /thread
But in all seriousness I would go with the Castlevania universe. It would be awesome cause vampire hunters are super powerful in those games while if you become a Vampire or werewolf or something you get self resurrected every 100 years or so. Best of both worlds. Plus I want to use a cross boomerang or as I like to call it the Jesus-a-rang.

xXAsherahXx

Apr 8, 2010
Star Wars. I will become a Jedi...or Sith. I want to use Force Lightning, and Force Choke, but I want a purple lightsaber.

KOTOR era please, thank you.

Exile714

Feb 11, 2009
For everyone claiming Mass Effect, think about this:

First of all, you wouldn't be Shepherd. Why? Look at you, you're not a super-soldier, you're just a regular person. Not everyone in the Mass Effect universe gets to be Shepherd, and that includes you. So what's it like to be a Mass Effect civilian?

1) The universe is about to end, and your one hope of salvation may or may not have died on the Collector Base in the middle of the galactic core.
2) The government is more corrupt and ineffective than it is in our world, and that's saying something. The universe is about to end, and the government just sits there and says: "So what? We have more important things to do." And what exactly is that, anyway? You only see government influence on the Citadel, and that place is overrun with criminals and an Asari prostitute.
3) Aliens would hate you. Yeah, maybe some would be your friend, but the vast majority think you're the hotshot new species in the galaxy and would rather you not be there at all.
4) Living on colonies is basically a death sentence. Between the Geth, the Collectors, the Batarians and Cerberus, colonists are basically ground-skeletons in waiting.
5) There's nothing to do. You can watch holo vids (TV), work at a store selling junk, drink, or watch an Asari dance on a pole. Welcome to every single city in the world right now.

On the plus side, there is one small silver lining: the woman are hot, and it only takes 4-5 deep conversations with them until they throw themselves at you in the engine room. Of course, this only appears to happen to Shepherd, as you really don't see ANY OTHER RELATIONSHIPS in the course of the first 2 games. Maybe every woman in the universe has the hots for Shepherd, but that's too bad for you because YOU'RE NOT SHEPHERD. Also, even HE can't get laid until he brings the woman on a hopeless suicide mission.

No thank you. I'll stick to the world of Alan Wake, with its beautiful mountain views, its helpful and friendly town folk, and the bad guys who die when you shine a light in their face.

Apprentice1994

Aug 17, 2011
The Pokemon universe, of course. You get pets to do all of your bidding, and they all have special powers. Since it's a kid's (I'll probably take a little flak for that) game, there's virtually no chance of dying, other than by old age. You never see someone have a heart attack, or get savagely wounded by Pokemon. Nope, you just see a criminal organization full of people in black suits, some of which wear berets. (Generation 2. Seriously, they wore freaking berets.) If you have strong Pokemon of your own, which even that idiot Ash kid did, you could easily fight off anything. Then again, you'd have to put up with your rival, who's kinda a prick.

LadyTiamat

Aug 13, 2011
Dragon Age, become a grey warden, save the world,cast magic, bed hot elves ;D

But I would really would want to slap King Calian and tell him to grow up! GRRRRR Alistair is more mature than him >X(

Clipper

Feb 9, 2011
Whatever the KH universe is called. I would be a Neoshadow with the ability to speak and ridiculously huge claws, travelling the universe just for the heck of it.