If you could get one animal trait what would it be?

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
You get to have one ability/attribute of any animal on Earth, what is it?

I've always ground my teeth in my sleep so I think I'd take the ability of sharks to keep growing new teeth and say goodbye to sensitive teeth forever.

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
Does this include human traits, to get a double dose? Cause being twice as good at something as normal people would cool.

By body weight, horses have smaller penises than humans...I think. Though, the ancient Greeks used to think small penises were more attractive.
They have a very different morphology though. Also, I could be wrong about this, but I don't think I live there, geographically or temporally.

Drathnoxis

Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Does this include human traits, to get a double dose? Cause being twice as good at something as normal people would cool.
Definitely not in the spirit of the thread. Non-human animal, and if it's a trait that humans share you don't stack, just take the better of the two.

By body weight, horses have smaller penises than humans...I think.
Maybe he'd like to be hung like a duck instead?

Reactions: gorfias

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Also, I could be wrong about this, but I don't think I live there, geographically or temporally.
*makes note of this, because there's a slight chance you do live in Ancient Greece without knowing it, and if so, this will change my opinion of you*

Definitely not in the spirit of the thread. Non-human animal, and if it's a trait that humans share you don't stack, just take the better of the two.
Hmm...maybe being able to see in the near-infrared? Though humans can do that if they buy the right gadgets, which aren't even that hard to get nowdays.

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
*makes note of this, because there's a slight chance you do live in Ancient Greece without knowing it, and if so, this will change my opinion of you*
Well, I might have angered the gods and been cursed with madness. I'm sat there in a corner, and everyone's like, 'poor old Zykonacles, he speaks in tongues, staring at an empty space straight in front of him and making strange patterns with his fingers. He shouldn't have told Zeus to suck his balls. Bad move.'

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
I'mma hit up dolphins- not for swimming or lung capacity, but for healing ability and insensitivity to pain. Them feckers get bit by sharks and walk swim it off.

Though, the ancient Greeks used to think small penises were more attractive.
They thought it was more "manly" to have a small penis, since a large one meant that a man was "ruled by his passions" and couldn't focus on the manly arts of war, competitive sports, and politics. That's why so many Greek statues had a cocktail weenie nestled between two grapefruits.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
I'd like cats' ability to give zero fucks about anyone but themselves, and also attack anyone at any time, and it be considered "cute and silly." You cat lovers DO realize that if you scale those behaviors up a few hundred pounds, that's a dangerous psychopath's litter box you're cleaning out three times a day, don't you? Dogs have chew toys, but 99% of cat toys are to sate their need to murder, like, it's not fun if they don't think they're taking a life.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
I want to the jaw strength of a salt water crocodile translated into the grip strength of my hands. Obviously this will mean a few restrictions in life and a more careful approach to daily life.

Either that or whole ā€˜strong as an antā€™ thing applied to my own size.

Reactions: gorfias

Drathnoxis

Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
I'd like cats' ability to give zero fucks about anyone but themselves, and also attack anyone at any time, and it be considered "cute and silly." You cat lovers DO realize that if you scale those behaviors up a few hundred pounds, that's a dangerous psychopath's litter box you're cleaning out three times a day, don't you? Dogs have chew toys, but 99% of cat toys are to sate their need to murder, like, it's not fun if they don't think they're taking a life.
Spoken like somebody who's never owned a cat. Human children get the same free pass on random attacks.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Hrmm.... I don't know. Bats immune system?

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Spoken like somebody who's never owned a cat. Human children get the same free pass on random attacks.
I lived with my girlfriend's cat for 6 years (we had to put her down just a few weeks ago,) so yes, I've unwillingly "owned" a cat. And children are (well, "should be") admonished for bad behavior, especially "random attacks" (whatever you meant by that; I didn't know children randomly attacking people without correction was a thing.) Cats? It's just what they do. I've met many a cat owner who wears cat scratches with pride because "Muffy" or "Mittens" is so loveable. 90% of the millions of cat videos online are of cats being dicks.

Reactions: RhombusHatesYou

Drathnoxis

Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
I lived with my girlfriend's cat for 6 years (we had to put her down just a few weeks ago,) so yes, I've unwillingly "owned" a cat. And children are (well, "should be") admonished for bad behavior, especially "random attacks" (whatever you meant by that; I didn't know children randomly attacking people without correction was a thing.) Cats? It's just what they do. I've met many a cat owner who wears cat scratches with pride because "Muffy" or "Mittens" is so loveable. 90% of the millions of cat videos online are of cats being dicks.
Pets should also be admonished for bad behavior. I've lived with many, many cats and the only 'attacks' I've suffered are when the cat wants to play they might pounce at your feet or nip at them or something, but without actually trying to hurt you. Kid's will do the same thing. And it's exceedingly rare that I ever get a scratch from a cat, and it's usually a kitten. You can get cats with bad personalities, just like people, but most of them are good if you treat them well.

You just don't understand cats. It's not their fault you're ignorant.

Reactions: Worgen

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Pets should also be admonished for bad behavior. I've lived with many, many cats and the only 'attacks' I've suffered are when the cat wants to play they might pounce at your feet or nip at them or something, but without actually trying to hurt you. Kid's will do the same thing. And it's exceedingly rare that I ever get a scratch from a cat, and it's usually a kitten. You can get cats with bad personalities, just like people, but most of them are good if you treat them well.

You just don't understand cats. It's not their fault you're ignorant.
Understanding I don't like a certain animal because of several of their signature traits and characteristics is not ignorance, but thank you for that unsolicited (and ironically ignorant) opinion. I understand cats quite well. I don't blame cats for being cats; I blame cats because they're cats.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Understanding I don't like a certain animal because of several of their signature traits and characteristics is not ignorance, but thank you for that unsolicited (and ironically ignorant) opinion. I understand cats quite well. I don't blame cats for being cats; I blame cats because they're cats.
Nah, you really don't understand cats. You understand the concept of cat, but not the execution.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Nah, you really don't understand cats. You understand the concept of cat, but not the execution.
Seeing as I mentioned putting our cat down a few weeks ago, I also understand the "execution" of cat as well.

Seriously, I'm not even sure what you mean by that, but you're not hurting my feelings. I've been around enough cats to know that as a pet, i.e.: something to be cared for and cleaned up after, I don't like them, and no level of understanding that will satisfy rabid cat lovers can change my mind. If I meet one I like, I'll be sure to let you know.

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
The "feed me" eyes of a dog, and if that doesn't work, the "No, fuckin' feed me" teeth of a dog.

Or, more exotically, maybe I'd just like to be able to blow things up with my mind, the way whichever animal does that can.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
While it'd be cool to have the agility of a cat, a lot of that is due to them having a big counterweight tail. Likewise, apes that swing in trees need arms and shoulders shaped very differently to apes that operate keyboards.

Being able to sense electric fields like monotremes do would be cool, but works best in water. A platypus can find its prey (in water or mud) by feeling its nervous system and heartbeat.

Reactions: Drathnoxis