If you could get rid of ONE of your fears...

-Orgasmatron-

Nov 3, 2008
Demon ID said:
I used to be, but my mother loved dogs and 3 years ago she got a lil puppy.I now am not afraid of dogs.

Let me ask you, when dogs bark at you do you just have a kind of total panic attack in your head. I know I used to, then i met the idiot which is our dog.
Lmao... A panic attack in my head is probaly the perfect way to sum it up, then my legs turn to jelly and I feel like passing out.

I have been slowly building confidence recently though, I can always get on with friends' dogs now, although I'll be a little shaky at first, once I'm around them for a bit I get on well with them.

Funny thing about it is I'm a huge animal lover and I get on with pretty much any other animals, I've actually been thinking I might like a dog of my own at some point, after hanging out with friends' dogs and seeing how cool they can be.

But yea, random passers by with dogs and the worst of all, dogs running around in parks and fields, I just can't handle that.

Cabisco

May 7, 2009
-Orgasmatron- said:
Demon ID said:
I used to be, but my mother loved dogs and 3 years ago she got a lil puppy.I now am not afraid of dogs.

Let me ask you, when dogs bark at you do you just have a kind of total panic attack in your head. I know I used to, then i met the idiot which is our dog.
Lmao... A panic attack in my head is probaly the perfect way to sum it up, then my legs turn to jelly and I feel like passing out.

I have been slowly building confidence recently though, I can always get on with friends' dogs now, although I'll be a little shaky at first, once I'm around them for a bit I get on well with them.

Funny thing about it is I'm a huge animal lover and I get on with pretty much any other animals, I've actually been thinking I might like a dog of my own at some point, after hanging out with friends' dogs and seeing how cool they can be.

But yea, random passers by with dogs and the worst of all, dogs running around in parks and fields, I just can't handle that.
Wow man, your like a past version of me. trust me, let your mother finaly get the puppy she wanted for the past 20 years. It's a couple years later and I have no fear of dogs at all. I do still however have my own little paranoid everyone hates me play going on in my head, once i figure that one out i'll let you know past me.

Joshimodo

Sep 13, 2008
Spiders. It's my only real fear.

My other "fear" is heights, but only ones that wouldn't kill me. I'd hate to be paralysed.

mrfusspot

May 19, 2009
Without a doubt: My fear of what people think about me. Too many opportunities wasted 'cause I'm afraid that when I say something some douche is gonna laugh at me and call me an idiot.

SeanTheSheep

Jun 23, 2009
I'd get rid of my fear of never finding someone special, never settling down and having children, and spending the last years of my life alone and unloved, and finally dying in a nearly empty room, unremembered.

electronictiger

Feb 8, 2010
I would love to no longer be afraid of bugs, that and I'm somewhat afraid of silence. I almost always need some kind of noise in the background when I'm alone.

Valksy

Nov 5, 2009
Practically - I would like to get rid of either my fear of vomiting or of spiders or of driving. They are three things that do interfere with day to day life.

Ideally my fear of losing my eyesight. Good chance I inherited a defect that made my Mum go blind in one eye. I know that there is no real point worrying about something that may never happen - you waste a lot of time and effort and heart break over it when you should only deal with it if it happens.

Chummychanga

Dec 7, 2009
My fear of large birds. IE: Osterichs, emus.

I shit you not, the zoo train is a fucked up ride for not having windows.

PixieFace

Mar 17, 2010
Fear of everything? :p

I have a pretty bad case of chronic anxiety. Doctors help, but, you know. It'd be nice if I could be calm without pharmaceuticals holding my hand.

51gunner

Jun 12, 2008
Fear of striking out.

Sucks to find out about a month too late someone was hitting on you for a while, but you didn't have the guts to confirm what you thought for fear of creating another person with a grudge against you.

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
Fear of the unknown. I find it terrifying how big the universe is and how no one knows how big it actually is... and what happens when you hit the edge... and that there has to be something bigger... or that no one knows exactly what happens when you die... all of that.

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
I wouldn't mind getting rid of my Semi-Agoraphobia.That's the only real phobia I have.All other fears that I have are fairly rational and common.

Jark212

Certified Deviant
Jul 17, 2008
Fear of the future...

Then I'll be able to continue my life more easily...

NIHILHATE

Aug 21, 2009
Fear of Sp*ders. If it wasn't for my Arachnophobia, I could happily climb up drainpipes, get stuff out of the shed, sleep in the garden, go to the Rainforest, sleep and crap in peace, and generally chill. Maybe Hypnotherapy'd work...