If you could give advice to your 14 year old self...

Evilbunny

Feb 23, 2008
If you could give any piece of advice to yourself when you were 14, what would it be? I would tell myself to get off my high horse about drugs, alcohol and sex before marriage. Everyone just thought I was a douche for preaching that shit and I abandoned all of those principles by the time i went to college anyway.

stormcaller

Sep 6, 2008
I'm just going to say Hi me of the future or past! (I'm 14 at the moment :D....well 13 but my birthday is close enough)

NDWolfwood5268

Dec 3, 2008
I'd educate myself more about girls since I had that one relationship since then that I'd rather have avoided...

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
Hmmm... I don't know, most of my important life events happened in University but some of the stuff that happened in High School and Junior High laid the foundation.

I'd probably just tell myself that the girls I like are inevitably going to be mistakes and that romance comes from where you least expect it.

TheBadass

Aug 27, 2008
Stop trying to please everyone kid, people like you way more when you're an honest ************ who doesn't care anyway. And smile more. And shower.

And maybe get a haircut.

DrX_1030

Dec 7, 2008
Evilbunny said:
If you could give any piece of advice to yourself when you were 14, what would it be? I would tell myself to get off my high horse about drugs, alcohol and sex before marriage. Everyone just thought I was a douche for preaching that shit and I abandoned all of those principles by the time i went to college anyway.
kind of along the same lines, but id also tell myself to completely ignore all love movies that the real world sucks and to enjoy 15 year old girls for aslong as possible (one of the rare commodities of being young)

Mstrswrd

Always playing Touhou. Always.
Mar 2, 2008
I'd tell myself to start studying Psychology early, as that's what I'm studying now, and I'd also tell him to work-out more. And possibly lotto numbers and an who will win what games and such, Back-To-The-Future style.

AgentNein

Jun 14, 2008
My early teenage years were like the middle ages. The point where I took all of my musical and aesthetic practice and put them away, forcing me to work that much harder to be good years later when I went through my renaissance period.

If I could tell my teenage self anything, it would be to keep up on my painting, drawing and music, and ignore the typical teenage bullshit that clouded it at the time.

Not that I'm not completely fantastic now (oh I totally am), but I'd be that much better without that long period of blah.

Evilbunny

Feb 23, 2008
DrX_1030 said:
enjoy 15 year old girls for aslong as possible (one of the rare commodities of being young)
Aw man, it pains me to think about all the 15 year old ass I missed out on. Stupid abstinence commercials, they were so goddamn convincing.

RAWKSTAR

Jun 5, 2008
When it comes out, do not buy a Nintendo Wii.
I would save myself the trouble of selling it after 3 months then.

Combined

Sep 13, 2008
I'd tell him to stop trying to fit in and start learning the guard's walk, so he can make a proper Metrocop. You'll pay those bastards back later, little me.

Also, about certain girls and friends in life. Whom to avoid, at least.

And to get some gaiters. Those things are awesome.

Sccye

Sep 17, 2008
Do not, under ANY circumstances date that girl. She'll feck the next 4 years of your life up and you'll be a miserable, self-absorbed dickhead as a result. Also, lighten up, get drunk and stop taking religion and life in general so seriously. Oh, and stop obsessing over getting married early. Maybe try some pot. Stop playing so many video games. Yeah, and actually do some work on making yourself a better person, too. And so on.

Doomhammer828

Oct 24, 2008
I would tell myself not to get my hopes high about ANYTHING.

(If i could go back further then that would include Starcraft Ghost)

nathan-dts

Jun 18, 2008
Well I'd go back to erm... now. I would warn myself of the dangers of procrastinating on my homework by posting on the escapist.