If you could have any fictional vehicle, what would it be?

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
Ed130 The Vanguard said:
Asclepion said:
What.

Anyway my go to vehicle would be the Emperor class Battleship.

Screw spinning rims, gothic architecture is where its at.
If you're going to fly in space, then you should fly in a massive, heavily armed Cathedral.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
canadamus_prime said:
On that subject. Why does the TARDIS have a parking break?
Because ponies. Wild horses kept dragging her away.

I suppose it's not completely out of the question to think that the TARDIS might have something analogous, though. I guess it depends on what happens when she "lands," though.

In any case, that doesn't mean the TARDIS isn't difficult to pilot.
Not on its own, but everyone else seems to have a phenomenally easier time with it. That is, at the points in the show's history where being a Time Lord wasn't required, because wibbly flibbity gibbity.

I guess it depends on how complex the manual is. And whether you can find one.

tm96

Feb 1, 2014
I think I'll take the Knight Industries Two Thousand or the Ramrod Equaliser Unit from Saber rider.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Well, I really wanted to say Serenity, but not only does it break down like an old car, it also has no armaments. So, because of that and the fact that today's metal navy ships would shred up the Black Pearl, I'm choosing the Calamity. I had to rename it, but it's basically Serenity with weapons. And besides, who doesn't like Star Wars?

EDIT: Wait a minute...is Jehuty a vehicle?

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Zachary Amaranth said:
canadamus_prime said:
On that subject. Why does the TARDIS have a parking break?
Because ponies. Wild horses kept dragging her away.

I suppose it's not completely out of the question to think that the TARDIS might have something analogous, though. I guess it depends on what happens when she "lands," though.

In any case, that doesn't mean the TARDIS isn't difficult to pilot.
Not on its own, but everyone else seems to have a phenomenally easier time with it. That is, at the points in the show's history where being a Time Lord wasn't required, because wibbly flibbity gibbity.

I guess it depends on how complex the manual is. And whether you can find one.
I always found it odd that everyone seems to have an easier time piloting it than the Doctor since they presumably have to learn how to pilot it from the Doctor.

shootthebandit

May 20, 2009
tm96 said:
I think I'll take this
We all know this was coming

And for a runner up

Quote me then edit your post and copy paste my response (without the quote tags)

I agree with KITT I was thinking about KITT but airwolf pipped it to the post

tm96

Feb 1, 2014
I think I'll take this
We all know this was coming

And for a runner up

Thanks for the help

optimusjamie

Jul 14, 2012
YF-19 from Macross Plus, if only because the TARDIS and KITT have already been mentioned. Alternately...
The IRON SAVIOR! [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7qT2hES88k]

Gizmo1990

Insert funny title here
Oct 19, 2010
Zachary Amaranth said:
Gizmo1990 said:
All these predictable responses, going for large and imposing. I will take one of theese please

A Type 40???? That thing's a relic!

<.<
No, no it is not.

It is a classic :)

Musette

Pacifist Percussionist
Apr 19, 2010
It was already stated, but I would go for the Epoch from Chrono Trigger. Seriously, it can both fly AND travel time, so why wouldn't I go for it?

Otherwise, the Great Fox from Star Fox would be pretty damn cool, especially if it comes with some Arwings.

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
I would definitely choose an LFO (Light Finding Object), a bio-mecanical mecha capable of various modes of transportation, well as fully combat capable.

This awesome mecha is capable of transforming from a wheeled land vehicle to an an air surfing/"lifting" robot to a flight capable ship. I has sharp edged boomerangs that can be used as slashing weapons or projectiles and it is also capable of wielding firearms.

It also has an array of special properties: it can think and act on its own, without the need of a pilot, it can use a special energy source that allows it to create various energy based attacks for both offensive and defensive capabilities, and its one of the LFO that can be modified for more capabilities (i.e. having a flight vehicle mode).

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
A Keyblade Glider from Kingdom Hearts. Interstellar travel and weaponry whenever necessary. I don't even need to worry about storage space.

Cerebrawl

Feb 19, 2014
Something with time travel capability would be neat... but I'd probably go for a Culture General Systems Vehicle, courtesy of Ian M Banks, because why not a giant, hyper-intelligent post-scarcity ship capable of producing pretty much anything, as well as modifying myself in any way I'd wish and make me stop aging, etc. I'd have essentially limitless time and resources, as well as obviously faster than light travel, and well, room on board for a few million people, on a ship that doesn't even need a crew.

Little Woodsman

Nov 11, 2012
canadamus_prime said:
I don't know about the rest of you, but I'd rather have a vehicle that doesn't need a whole crew to operate or doesn't resemble a giant spikey penis (or both).
So I'm going with the Epoch from Chrono Trigger. I'd say the TARDIS, but I imagine the Epoch is easier to pilot.
At one point the character Leela was able to pilot it for a "short" trip. (Only inerplanetary, not interstellar.) Leela had a high native intelligence but was had almost no experience of technology. If she could do it, I'm betting most here who are answering TARDIS could as well.

BtW, I'd also go for a Type 40 TARDIS, with fully functional chameleon circuit for preference.
With the chameleon circuit you could make the ship's exterior in to most of the other ships mentioned in this thread. Although the interior would remain the same.

1Life0Continues

Not a Gamer, I Just Play Games
Jul 8, 2013
Come now. This is where it's at.

Tell me this doesn't look like fun. Dumb as door nails, but fun.

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
The Eagle MK1 (maybe the MKII), Can outrun most sportscars, close to indestructable and I generally liek the looks of it. Count for both versions, although the MKII is clearly the Batmobile in disguise

The Mark I:
The Mark II:

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Little Woodsman said:
canadamus_prime said:
I don't know about the rest of you, but I'd rather have a vehicle that doesn't need a whole crew to operate or doesn't resemble a giant spikey penis (or both).
So I'm going with the Epoch from Chrono Trigger. I'd say the TARDIS, but I imagine the Epoch is easier to pilot.
At one point the character Leela was able to pilot it for a "short" trip. (Only inerplanetary, not interstellar.) Leela had a high native intelligence but was had almost no experience of technology. If she could do it, I'm betting most here who are answering TARDIS could as well.

BtW, I'd also go for a Type 40 TARDIS, with fully functional chameleon circuit for preference.
With the chameleon circuit you could make the ship's exterior in to most of the other ships mentioned in this thread. Although the interior would remain the same.
Well I also didn't want to be predictable.

BTW, I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure the chameleon circuit doesn't work that way. I don't know much about it, but I think it's suppose to change the exterior based on where it lands, not let the user customize the exterior. I could be wrong though.

Ieyke

Jul 24, 2008
A repulsor propelled Helicarrier powered by the Tesseract, and loaded with its full complement of flying SHIELD vehicles.

Yep. I think that would pretty much cover all my needs.

King of Asgaard

Vae Victis, Woe to the Conquered
Oct 31, 2011
Guys, guys, guys...
How are we on page 2 and no mention of the Swordfish? 'Tis an injustice!

It even has its own song.