If you could live in any game world...

Headsprouter

Monster Befriender
Legacy
Nov 19, 2010
Oh, this question again...well, here's my go-to answer: Pokemon. but I like your twist, OP.

I'd live in Azalea Town, I think. A bug-type influence is truly present and the old-timeyness of the city (as well as the abundance and love for slowpoke, I love slowpoke!) seems to fit me quite well.
I don't know...I guess I'd build the house from wood? Or mega stones?
Pokemon are great pest control for getting rid of other Pokemon...and then there's-

"Pssst! Know what I'm doing? I'm spraying repel to keep wild Pokemon away!"

...that.

I'd get food from...Poke-Marts, I guess. I guess I'd be a Pokemon trainer. As for friends, I'd probably know Bugsy pretty well, as a fellow Bug Maniac, I guess we'd meet up in Ilex forest quite often. Maybe I'd be one of his Gym Trainers.

Why would I live there? Because Pokemon.

prpshrt

Jun 18, 2012
The world of dead or alive extreme beach volleyball because... well...
But yea, Azeroth would have to be it for me. I'd build my house near silvermoon because I'd wanna be a blood elf. The benefit of looking as human like as possible while still being in the horde.
I guess it would be built from regular materials that elven houses are built from.
I'd have arcane turrets to kill stuff and protect me from pests.
I would be a mage so I'd be able to conjure my own food and also so I could go to dalaran one day or somthing.
Neighbors and friends would be other elves and maybe some other horde peoplez
I would live there because post TBC, eversong woods is a nice place to live if you don't live near the scar

Eamar

Elite Member
Feb 22, 2012
Country
UK
RJ 17 said:
Shhhhh!

In any case, I'm cool with the sell-sword in a world of sell-swords thing (I tried to get that across in my post- the whole "lifestyle" thing). I'd still be an awesome hero compared to the people whose errands I'd be running, anyway :p

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
Depends on who I would be in the new world.

Assuming it's the same as my characters in said game? EvE Online's universe might be nice, since you're pretty much immortal thanks to pod technology, and it's mentioned in the Lore that you could live a life of luxury off even a single ISK (the game's unit of currency)

Assuming I'm just a regular person? Probably either Pokemon or Scribblenauts, both are pretty peaceful 99% of the time, and have some pretty powerful protectors looking out for you when things do go wrong.

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
I was playing MLB 13: the show today..

My player is a LA Dodgers ace. Clayton Kershaw is my second pitcher in rotation. (If you follow baseball, you know you couldn't ask for anything better)

So yes. MLB 13 it is.

-Where in the world would you build your house?
--Nice apartment in Orange County. Commute to LA would be a pain though..

-What obtainable materials would it be built from?
--I dunno... baseball bats??

-How would you protect your home from any local pests?
--My freakish throwing arms

-Where would you get your food, would you have a job?
--farmer's market. Cy Young Winning pitcher.

-Who/what would your neighbors and friends, if any, be?
--I'd try to avoid my neighbors if I could. So I wouldn't know who they would be like. As for friends, my first basemen has been hitting a lot of homeruns. So he would be my best mate.

-And of course, why would you live there?
--Big fan of baseball, even bigger fan of pitching on the mound.

Floppertje said:
I'm gonna go with the sims. getting married within 2 days of meeting someone, tons of sex, easy promotions to astronaut on hardly any danger of dying.
except for when the food catches fire and the door magically disappears...
Its so funny because I was thinking of Sims, then I ran across The Sims 100 baby challenge on youtube...

So I said: Well, never mind then...

Nokturos

Nov 17, 2009
Probably Azeroth(Warcraft) or Nirn(Elder Scrolls). Azeroth because I know pretty much everything about Warcraft lore, so I could become incredibly powerful by applying that knowledge. Picked Tamriel for similar reasons. Also, I could be an orc in both.

Quellist

Migratory coconut
Oct 7, 2010
This is an easy one...4D Space from Star Ocean:Till the end of time. No monsters, peace and prosperity (to the extent Albel was disgusted that even 'worthless worms' had no fears or worries and could live free) and the technology to create Universe sized virtual realities as playgrounds.

It just doesn't get much better than that

IndomitableSam

Sep 6, 2011
The Sims or something, yeah. Where the weather's always good and you can have a tiny house on a huge plot of land and make enough money to live by growing plants and selling them. Or you can write a book and it automatically sells, even if it's bad. Where you can drop it all and go busk for fun, or just wander town gathering random things on the ground and sell them and instantly have cash, too.

That would be nice.

Also being able to redecorate on a whim is a huge bonus.

Anything like that or Animal Crossing or Harvest Moon/Rune Factory. Life is always so laid back and easy in those games. Yeah, there's hard work involved, but life is also simple and fun.

Miyenne

May 16, 2013
As soon as we get our house in FFXIV:ARR, I'd live there. Beautiful everywhere you go. Real weather patterns.

Dangerous too, but dammit I want my beach house. I have it all designed in my head, we just need to double our money right now.

Our house will be up the hill on the right, behind my (the blonde's) head, atop that tower looking stairway with the door at the bottom.

UniversalRonin

Nov 14, 2012
Easily The Secret World.
As long as I get to be in the Illuminati, and do magic. Where would I live? In some bar run by the organisation. how would I get money? Auctioning priceless artefacts. How would I protect myself from local pests? 2 pistols and chaos magic. Friends? I would have colleagues. What would I do for money? Sell my own Grandma..... Oh wait. We're still talking about the fictional world...

EDIT. Just realised I didn't cover food. Pretty much already live off of energy drinks from Mon- Fri, so nothing changes there.

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
mass effect. im a good solder and im smart enough to make friends with the krogen:)(also I think I could truly enjoy varren meat:)

Chester Rabbit

Dec 7, 2011
The Mass Effect universe (hold the Reapers thank you)

Where in the world would you build your house? - House? a nice penthouse apartment which was personally designed by Syd Mead because I hatched some elaborate plan and told him it was for really for Michael Jacksons kids *shrugs* shut up my fantasy!
And I would be located in Montreal

What obtainable materials would it be built from? ...dry wall and stuff? (probably plastics too because that Syd)

How would you protect your home from any local pests? - Locks and 911

Where would you get your food, would you have a job? - The grocery store and yes I would have a job as a stage actor

Who/what would your neighbors and friends, if any, be? Neighbores ? family next door the Asari always tries to make nice conversation when we run into each other and some dip shit kid who is perusing some kind of art career and feels that gives him the right to be a pretentious prick even though he produces nothing of any value and can only afford his place because his parents can...
Friends well if this is my fantasy I have a Turian friend who I play backet ball with who ended up breaking my nose at one point by mistake. Those Turian?s. And other friends, well seeing how I?m not really an off world kind of guy most are just human

-And of course, why would you live there? - Because that?s my ideal sci fi universe, sleek, progressive and blue is my favourite color.

TheMadDoctorsCat

Apr 2, 2008
RJ 17 said:
TheMadDoctorsCat said:
(Mario is unquestionably a bad guy, assisting the tyrant Peach in subjecting the common working-class goombas and koopas to the worst kind of class discrimination.)

That's right...Mario is THE worst person in the Mario universe.

if you're a goomba then your life will end one of two ways: either being flattened while walking to the left, or falling down a bottomless pit while walking to the left. Which is arguably worse than being used as some guy's springboard if you're a Koopa Trooper. That or just spending eternity spinning endlessly between two indestructible blocks while inside an indestructible shell. While presumably continually vomiting from the horrific motion sickness. For eternity. Because Koopa Troopers can't die. Ever.

Yeah, the Mushroom Kingdom would be the worst one.
I'm guessing you meant Green Shelled Koopa Troopa rather than Goomba, because despite their humble status, Goombas do at least have the common sense to turn around when they get to the edge of a bottomless pit. That said, they do still have to live in terror of an overweight Italian man jumping on them and smashing them into mush.
I did. I did. And now I must commit hari-kiri or something for that fundamental error.

In my defence, I was a Sega kid.

kilenem

Jul 21, 2013
I can answer almost all of the questions with pokemon

-Where in the world would you build your house? Johoto
-What obtainable materials would it be built from? Wood(I could say pokemon but that would be morbid)
-How would you protect your home from any local pests?Pokemon
-Where would you get your food, Pokemon
-would you have a job? Day care that raises Pokemon
-Who/what would your neighbors and friends, if any, be?Pokemon
-And of course, why would you live there? Pokemon

dystopiaINC

Aug 13, 2010
Mass effect, on Earth post synthesis ending.
Live just about any where, work on repairing reaper damage. seeing where everything goes after the war.

Pokemon World, as a trainer my work is winning battles for cash, and working for the local gym leader.

Only two off the top of my head/

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Raccoon City.

WAIT I MISUNDERSTOOD THE QUESTION

The_Lost_King

Oct 7, 2011
I'd say no where. I'm perfectly content living in this world, so that I can live in all of them without any risk. If you think about it every game world sucks if you aren't the adventurer.