If you could make ONE change to a game, what would it be?

Izanagi009_v1legacy

Anime Nerds Unite
Apr 25, 2013
Give Vanquish by Platinum games a story with greater range or intelligence. The story was fun but almost nonexistant when there were themes of political intervention just lying beneath

The main thing was that the Order of the Russian Star were brought into power in Russia with the help of the American government. This could have been a game with the consequences of unjustified intervention in foreign nations laid bare for the crowd to explore

Alternatively, have the capacity to upgrade the suit and weapons with a tech tree. You have a bit of a handwave to enable it; the suit not only copies but could also be able to find potential areas to improve and upgrade weapons and the suit. Have it linked to how good you are in combat with the rocket sliding and AR mode and you have a good system.

Angelowl

Feb 8, 2013
Age of Empires 2: Increase the population cap in the campaigns to 200. 75 is absurdly low, especially considering how epic some of the levels are intended to be. And considering that I need 30+ villagers to not scream in frustration at the ineffeciency of my economy.

Neverwinter Nights: update it to DnD 3.5. 3.0 is outright horrible. Why can't I learn weapon proficiencies as a Druid now again? No matter, I'll play an Eldritch Knight instead. Oh wait...

Morrowind: Can I have a horse, please? Just a pony? Q.Q, damn it takes time to walk everywhere.

Medieval 2: The eastern romans may be a bit lackluster but... OH GODS MONGOLS!! Those stats are bizarre. Free uppkeep? GAH!! (Solved in mods).

Heroes of Might and Magic 4: get rid of that stupid venom spawn and bring back the lich.

Advance Wars: Dual Strike: give me the option to turn of the double team super power roflstomp nonsense.

Battle for Middle Eart 2: We got elves, why no Noldor Warriors? They were the sole reason people wanted elves, and they stand there in the barrack doing kenjutsu. >.<

Final Fantasy VI (GBA): Why o why did they ruin the difficulty? I defeat the phantom train in ONE ROUND.

Star Wars Battlefront 2: The enemy have infite reserves, we don't we run out of troops very quickly. Fix that.

Any of them would suffice. My fascination with over-looked games have the tendency of me getting stuck at horrible flaws in otherwise astounding games.

TrulyBritish

Jan 23, 2013
Gatx said:
I'd have the soldier's in Dynasty Warriors actually move towards important areas, or at least give the player the ability to direct their movements. It's so annoying when the game tells me that the enemy is taking over an area, and I have like 200 guys just standing on the opposite end of the map. It'd definitely make the whole thing feel more involving than just killing hundreds of soldiers.
Heck, I'd appreciate it if they just made the AI that much more difficult. I stopped playing after DW5 but my biggest bugbear that it seemed no matter the difficulty it was always:
-Soldiers just being sword/spear/whatever fodder and always lagging behind. You pretty much have to be the one man army.
-Most generals were alright until you got to those ridiculously over powered generals (I'm looking at you Lu Bu -_-)
-And those goddamn crossbowmen!

Mikejames

Jan 26, 2012
lRookiel said:
Nerf magic in Dark souls.

"Oh what's that you're a warrior? Well I'm a little **** who is too afraid to engage in combat so I spam dark bead, crystal soul spear and all the pursuers whenever you get close. Oh and I have fast roll + ninja flip ring so I can run/flip away like a ***** as well"
Just don't touch my pyromancy. I neeeed it.

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
Get rid of the stupid off-host delay bullshit in the BFME games, along with removing the fps cap.

Seriously, the delay's one of the biggest things that's made it hard to play again.

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
Mikejames said:
lRookiel said:
Nerf magic in Dark souls.

"Oh what's that you're a warrior? Well I'm a little **** who is too afraid to engage in combat so I spam dark bead, crystal soul spear and all the pursuers whenever you get close. Oh and I have fast roll + ninja flip ring so I can run/flip away like a ***** as well"
Just don't touch my pyromancy. I neeeed it.
Pyromancy I can manage, it's just spamming magic is abusing the lag which is very present in the game at any time.

One half of a fucking second of lag and all my health is gone because some asshole takes the easy way.

Some guy actually messaged me hate mail for using my estus when he spams every single magic exactly how I described above. Saying I should "get gud". Fuck magic -.-

Jimmy T. Malice

Dec 28, 2010
Deus Ex 1: Find a better way to implement the weapon skills. Having to stand still for 10 seconds to get an accurate shot is not fun. (Yes, I know it improves as you level up)

System Shock 2: More durability on weapons. This can be changed with a config file, but it really should have been in the initial game.

Why yes, I have been playing some classic games recently. <3 GOG

Captcha: the Konami code (uu dd lr lr ba). These things get weirder by the week.

Arqus_Zed

Aug 12, 2009
Change Final Fantasy IX's ending.

I love the shit out of everything about that game.
Except for the ending.
Apparently they did about 6 rewrites before settling on the one they eventually used.
They should've gone for a seventh one.

grey_space

Magnetic Mutant
Apr 16, 2012
I would make Dishonored about four levels longer to flesh out some of the NPC's

I would have the day 1 DLC in ME3 as part of the actual game.

I would increase the max squad size in XCom to 8.

I would get the plot of Dark Souls to be just a teeny tiny bit more fucking intelligable.

NewYork_Comedian

Nov 28, 2009
sextus the crazy said:
Get rid of the repetitive grind in Far Cry 2. I don't want to have to fight at every fucking checkpoint.
Well, since you beat me to it, I guess I'll go with adding more everything to the towns and villages in Skyrim. If theirs one thing I liked Oblivion better than Skyrim for, it's that the cities you visited actually felt and looked like freaking cities, not just three houses plus a shop with about five people in them. The ones were you had to load a new level to enter them were ok, it's everywhere else that bugged me.

Anget Colslaw

Jul 26, 2012
Fix combat in the Fallout games. I'm talking about 3 AND New Vegas. Seriously, it pisses me off I can't use cover, enemies can snipe you with a nearly broken 9mm pistol across the damn desert on NORMAL, companions only being good for drawing fire or, in Boone's case, killing everything before it even shows up on the radar and more. As great as the games were, I just didn't finish them because the combat was just so irritating.

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
Add the option to play Crackdown like a typical shooter. I like the way it is and I understand why as the main character can be very fast but the gameplay does manage to become a bit repetetive since you just lock on the target instantly, way a second for the fixed aim and shoot away killing the enemy without much trouble. I like to aim down my shots.

Bots, Bots, BOTS!!! Seriously, just add bots to any multiplayer game and I'm happy, I'm considering buying Black Ops 2 when it gets cheaper (2 more years probably, they take a shitload of time to drop) just because of the bots. It basicly means that I dont have to rely on the game's life span to be able to enjoy the multiplayer. COD 4 was great but now its a wasteland full of hackers and there is now way to properly enjoy it. And yet I can still play Perfect Dark (the XBLA remake at least) and have fun with it. Gears of War 2 really suprised me when they decided to add bots and so did the Black Ops series, the first one was kind of fucked up but the second one is neat in that regard (4 players offline with bots is very fun).

Austin Howe

Dec 5, 2010
I would either remove or radically redesign the boss fights in Deus Ex: Human Revolution, the element I have called "the worst thing to appear in a great video game." They are so bad that I almost stop playing whenever I get to one. Without them, it would have been GoTY 2011. With them, that honor clearly goes to Portal 2.

Austin Howe

Dec 5, 2010
Angelowl said:
Final Fantasy VI (GBA): Why o why did they ruin the difficulty? I defeat the phantom train in ONE ROUND.
Oh don't pretend that game wasn't already pathetically easy.

Captain Billy

Dec 18, 2012
Give Bioshock 1 all the updated and streamlined gameplay of Bioshock 2. Without the whole, you know, Bioshock 2 bit.