If you could pick any 1 game to have a complete next gen HD overhaul..

sniddy_v1legacy

Jul 10, 2010
bliebblob said:
Every final fantasy up to 10. Graphics don't have to be changed though. Just fix them up so I can go to a store, buy them, and play them on a modern machine.

Because 10 is the only one I ever played and I want moar! But everything after 10 is barely within the same genre anymore and all the older ones are hard to even get, let alone run.
This certainly

Or

Jagged Alliance
X-Com - Enemy unknown or Apoc

a new Master of Orion with an apology for the turd that was 3

PaladinofGuns

Jun 17, 2010
This would probably never happen but...

I'd have to say Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War because it's one the best in the series and it was Japan only.

Lord Quirk

Aug 15, 2011
Haven't seen Chrono Trigger mentioned yet...that dissapoints me. C'mon! Imagine Frog and Robo in HD glory on the PS3? Wouldn't it be great? Also, FFVI and VII, if they haven't been said yet. WHICH THEY SHOULD HAVE!

Unsilenced

Oct 19, 2009
XZ2005_A said:
Morrowind. Don't touch the mechanics, don't change any of the gameplay, just make it pretty. And then I will love you again, Bethesda.
Do you have any idea how bad that would be?

I mean, watching in PHOTOREALISTIC DETAIL as your sword PASSES THROUGH THE ENEMY'S BODY and then just DOESN'T HIT.

It would be PAINFUL.

Morrowind kind of got away with it because it was clear that what you were seeing was just a crude shorthand for all the parries and blocks the other guy would be doing, but in Skyrim? You'd just have to watch the weapons literally phase through the body over and over. You'd do a finisher where your character rams the broadsword into their gut, then they'd just keep going and send their battleaxe through your skull (with absolutely no effect.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc

Stainlesssteele4

Jul 5, 2011
I'm sure someones already said it, but...
Final Fantasy IX.
Not just an HD overhaul, but voice acting and extended content.
Give this game the remake it deserves, so an entire new generation can experience the best JRPG of all time before it fades into obscurity.
This game is just so great...
So very very great...
Also, Square should give VI the I, II, III, and IV treatment. The GBA port was not enough... I want HD sprites, and rerecorded music!

Adeptus Aspartem

Jul 25, 2011
There's just one right answer: Freelancer.

Everyone else, close guesses but inevitably wrong. Freelancer.

No. Freelancer, trust me.

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
I'll put in another vote for FFIX.
And Chrono ...Trigger. Or Cross. Gah. Either of them.

...Guuilty pleaassures, everybody has a few. *dances*

EboMan7x

Jul 20, 2009
I'd love an updated Chrono Trigger... in fact it might be cool if in updating it they added new content and such. I love Chrono Trigger but I have always felt that after awhile you really start to notice that the only thing you do it fight.

NinjaSocks333

Jul 13, 2012
Well i wanted the original Half-Life but were getting a fan remake that looks badass. now if only the fan team didn't ALSO work on valve time...

Nantucket_v1legacy

acting on my best behaviour
Mar 6, 2012
Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura.

I keep banging on about this game but it is such an obscure classic! Give it a HD overhaul, fix some of the glitches and keep it alive.

Ieyke

Jul 24, 2008
*is interpreting "next gen HD overhaul" to be anything from a game going from a 2D view to a 3D first-person view (as the Fallout series did), to simply cranking up the resolution and textures on the original graphics to eye-bleedingly crisp levels, and everything in between*

Hold on to something, here goes:

• - Arcanum:Of Steamworks & Magick Obscura (this is the "one" I would pick)

- Suikoden 1&2
    - Castlevania:Symphony Of The Night
    - Megaman X1-4 (The ONLY way to make X4 better is improving the resolution. Perfect game is perfect.)
    - MegaMan Legends 1&2 (oh, and "upgrade" MegaMan Legends 3 into "existinginthisreality-o-vision")
    - Demon's Crest
    - Donkey Kong Country 1-3
    - Super Mario RPG:Legend Of The Seven Stars
    - Pokemon Blue/Gold/Sapphire (I want these in Skyrim style, dammit!)
    - Minecraft (See:Westeroscraft screenshots on The Escapist)
    - Diablo II:Lord Of Destruction (because all Diablo III really did was make me crave an HD remake of D2)
    - Xenogears (fantastic game.....soooooo pixelated....>_<)
    - Age Of Empires 1&2 Rise Of Rome/The Conquerors (AoE3 can go die in a fire)
    - Age Of Mythology
    - Atom Zombie Smasher
    - Azure Dreams
    - Thousand Arms
    - Final Fantasy Tactics:War Of The Lions (AKA the only good Final Fantasy game)

EDIT:I typed this out and then read the thread. I'm so proud of you guys who said Arcanum. *brofist*

magter3001

Jun 7, 2010
Adeptus Aspartem said:
There's just one right answer: Freelancer.

Everyone else, close guesses but inevitably wrong. Freelancer.

No. Freelancer, trust me.
I would agree but Freelancer still looks awesome. Maybe a Freelancer 2 that borrows everything from Freelancer 1 and then some, but Microsoft no like Space.