If you could pick ONE game from your past to remake, what would you choose?

MrDeano89

Jul 1, 2009
Hey, Firstly I had a brief look via the search bar and didn't find a thread similar to this thread, at least not from the recent past anyway.

So If you had the choice of a game remade with today's polish and graphics but EXACTLY the same game play, what would you choose?

Personally I would choose GTA San Andreas as that game in my humble opinion had very very few flaws game play wise, if they remade that with today's graphics I'd pay full price for sure.

Xifel

Nov 28, 2007
Oni.

Because it is in many ways a pretty crappy game, that still is considered one of my favorites by a number of reasons. Game play, story and setting...

Twad

Nov 19, 2009
Magic carpet 2. it was (and still is) a lot of fun.

Edit : Or Space Empire 5. A remake that balance it right, and remove the coding/lag problems would be awesome.

Redingold

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Mar 28, 2009
Deus Ex. A truly fantastic experience that was only slightly marred by the terrible graphics and rather dull voice acting.

Richardplex

Jun 22, 2011
A game from my past? *thinks of spyro, which had good, or at least perfectly acceptable, graphics for the time* *looks at Skylanders: Spyro's adventure* Can I instead ask for a game not to be remade?

Crazed_Puppeteer

Jan 15, 2011
I was going to go with E.T., but since you said that this "remake" would only get polish and graphics, I'll go with the Advance Wars series for 3DS. If done right, it could be fantastic.

Insane_Foxx

May 22, 2009
Redingold said:
Deus Ex. A truly fantastic experience that was only slightly marred by the terrible graphics and rather dull voice acting.
their is going to be a new deus ex. comes out later this month

LostAlone

Sep 3, 2010
I'd definitely say System Shock 2. For me, its absolutely the best game I've ever played, being immersive, compelling and scary and despite looking a bit dated now, I continue to go back and re-play it from time to time and just feel it oozing all over me. Bring all the technical stuff up to today's standards, and for my money you have got the single best game ever. Particularly getting modern lighting and such like to add even more atmosphere and make the creepy half-zombie bad guys even more creepy... Yeah. That's what I'd go for.

Oh and I second Deus Ex as well. It's already a superb game, so if it got a graphical upgrade and yeah, better voice acting and such, it would be even more amazing.

LostAlone

Sep 3, 2010
Insane_Foxx said:
Redingold said:
their is going to be a new deus ex. comes out later this month
That kinda misses the whole point of the thread. While it may turn out to be a good game (certianly looks good to me) it is NOT a remake of the original.

Sagiterios

Aug 12, 2009
Black and white. Great game, great concept, shit sequel. make a new one, make it right, and ill be a happy man.

Also, SIMcopter. that game was awesome

teqrevisited

Mar 17, 2010
What I wouldn't give for Sega to pull their finger out and remake Streets of Rage officially. Or at least leave the guys who actually did bother to remake it alone.

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
Easy choice. Homeworld.

I still view it to be one of the greatest RTS games every crafted. Not to mention having one of the best stories ever put to the digital format. Combine those with super tight gameplay, innovative ideas (some that have yet to be truly replicated), and a fantastic score and it's still phenomenal even by today's standards. If Relic were to do a modern-day remake, or for that matter, a decent sequel (making it a trilogy), I'd be one seriously happy camper.

OldKingClancy

Jun 2, 2011
When I saw this thread I immediately thought of the Spyro PS1 Trilogy but then again they're fine as they are. Better graphics and maybe a few new levels and I'd be ok with them being remade, the story and gameplay need not be touched.

Also I agree with San Andreas.