If you could pick ONE game from your past to remake, what would you choose?

Aarquus

Jul 31, 2010
Jet Set Radio Future. Soooo much nostalgia for this game. Great gameplay, great aesthetic, and the music...

anyone who played JSRF should recognise this.

Nauticus

Jul 23, 2011
IMO, the good games from earlier times are as good as they are, only a few would actually be enjoyable with new graphics.
For example, baldurs gate and other Forgotten realms games got exactly the graphics i want.

I would put my focus on games like Black and white 1-2. Improve the gameplay and increase the playability. bnw2 had a short sp campaign, no free mode or anything. And not to mention the glitches and crap mouse controlling.

sms_117b

Keeper of Brannigan's Law
Oct 4, 2007
Transport Tycoon: Deluxe, that game has stolen more hours from my life than any other, although, a high def version may and will steal even more that I can't spare....

Or SmackDown! 5: Here Comes The Pain, the BEST wrestling game alongside RAW 2 on the Xbox.....which can also be remade, everything since those two has become progressivly worse.

Da Orky Man

Yeah, that's me
Apr 24, 2011
Probably Age of Empires 2: The Kings (and Conquerors). Or Homeworld. Or Tachyon: The Fringe.
Argh, too many choices!

Captcha: Cherne fever. Is this a new epidemic?

headphonegirl

The Troll under the bridge
Oct 19, 2009
I would love to see someone make an updated version of Pokemon snap, or Final Fantasy VI.

Kargathia

Jul 16, 2009
Commando's. Or really any other squad based tactical stealth thingiemajiggum. I miss it.

BoredDragon

Feb 9, 2011
ddrfr33k said:
I see somebody else beat me to Azure Dreams, so I'll go with something else:

Digimon World

This was a game that honestly didn't play like it was out of an episode of the show. Exlporing an island, training your familiar, different digimon between night and day, these little things help make the game shine. This is still one of those games I go back to on a semi regular basis for their gameplay value, if not nostalgia.
holy crap, somebody else who played this game. I remember grinding for hours as a kid at the gym so I could easily defeat any monster outside. :D

Pipotchi

Jan 17, 2008
Xifel said:
Oni.

Because it is in many ways a pretty crappy game, that still is considered one of my favorites by a number of reasons. Game play, story and setting...
I remember in Oni you had a really cool move where you twirled around an enemies head to finish them off. That was badass

On topic I would go for Vagrant story, it was really a game ahead of its time and I think if it were released now it would shine

Hugga_Bear

May 13, 2010
Just graphics I maintain FF7, I just...imagine the beauty 'sniffle'.

Maybe Timesplitters Future Perfect as well, throwing in some elements of 2. That game deserves to be around still. Real shame.

Eh...gameplay as well...
Weird one:
FFX-2.
I know, bear with me. Ditch the fanservice right away, Paine wouldn't really, Yuna just no. Rikku can still be the idly annoying jailbait but tone it down a little.

Ditch certain things (fuck commspheres and alter the % completion so it was less dependent on obscure lines and scenes, more on actual completion). Alter others (I can see myself toying with the super bosses a bit, particularly with the presence of catnip...)
Just...pretty it up. I honestly thought that the game had SO much potential but it was let down by a few things and the fanservice genuinely made me uncomfortable, there's little that's sexy about a pixellated buttock when you're past 10.

So yeah, FFX-2 and really go to town with it, make it a great game like it should have been (I do wonder if the dev team hadn't been forced to rush...) Weird choice but I do genuinely feel it could be great.

Shadow flame master

Jul 1, 2011
Super Mario World from the SNES. I had so much fun playing it but as a the Gamecube came, I put it out of memory. I would love to play it again so I can finally kill those damned cheep-cheeps. I got eaten so many times its no longer funny.

CaptainTrilby

Jun 3, 2011
Hmm... either a true, honest to goodness remake of Conker's Bad Fur Day. The original censoring and the pretty good multiplayer from the Xbox remake would be a pretty sweet deal or Rocket: Robot on Wheels...

I doubt many of you have heard of the second one :p Plus, I want Viewtiful Joe 3 and Pikmin 3 now. In HD. No exceptions.

WhiteFangofWhoa

Jan 11, 2008
Terminate421 said:
Put this in XBLA with online matches, 24 multiplayer support, same tanx, weapons and maps.

This. Although I heard about a recent 'spiritual successor' to it using planes instead of tanks, it's not quite the same.

This one, with save points, multiple difficulty levels, online multiplayer, new areas and more pilotable mechs than 6. Dunno if I'd trust Lucasarts with doing it good now though.

Mykin

Oct 16, 2008
Nox. Great story, solid gameplay, a hit in everything else minus multiplayer. Hopefully, a remake would fix the multiplayer among other things.