If you could pick ONE game from your past to remake, what would you choose?

Kurt Horsting

Jul 3, 2008
Street Fighter 3: 3rd strike.

Buff low teir. Keep top teir the same. Make charge partioning easier. That is about it.

Vonnis

Feb 18, 2011
I like my old games how they are, really. The old graphics and sometimes clunky mechanics are part of the charm.
If I could have anything remade it would be Alice: Madness Returns, and the only thing I'd change is the graphics. If there's one game-world that would look absolutely mindblowing and be the ultimate setting to showcase very high-res textures, tesselation, proper AA and all that goodness, it's Wonderland. How the hell nobody involved with the game realised this is beyond me.
Of course, if I had to pick something older, giving American McGee's Alice the royal treatment in the graphics department would be just as well.

The Virgo

Jul 21, 2011
TimeSplitters 2.

I dare anyone to say that that games doesn't deserve a next-gen remake. Not a "reinvention of the franchise" (or dear God no!), but a true remake. Same formula, but better graphics.

I just know that if CryTek UK makes it, it will be a hot bowl of shit.

w00tage

Feb 8, 2010
Can we do "same polish and graphics, but different gameplay" instead? I would absolutely love to go back in time to Everquest 1 and stop the evils of the tank/healer/dps trinity, level-treadmills, and raids before they can ruin the MMO industry for the next full decade.

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009

Feylynn

Feb 16, 2010
Majora's Mask, Final Fantasy IX, or Guilty Gear.
Actually I don't think I could be happy with any of those as only graphical changes.

So scratch GG, and I will say a tentative MM or FF9.

Edit: Wait! wait! wait!

^See that up there?^
Yeah! The spoiler tags offering sexual favors for Legend of Dragoon?
That. So much.

HazelrahFiver

Oct 12, 2009
Faxanadu. Side-scrolling rpg from the NES days that was quite challenging but also allowed for competent, patient players to make a lot of headway in one go. Apparently it was released for the Virtual Console in 2010/2011, but that is definitely not good enough. This game made many RPGS for years to come seem inferior, and it deserves a sequel even after all this time.

blizzaradragon

Mar 15, 2010
There is one game that needs a remake badly so A) people who have never played it will be able to love it and B) people who love it already will be able to love it in shiny new graphics. That game is without a doubt Final Fantasy 6. Best game in the series(and I know I'm not alone in saying that), but sadly it has all but been forgotten under the 3D Final Fantasy games(I'm looking at you, Final Fantasy 7!).

Barring that it'd be a tie between Donkey Kong 64 and Earthbound.

Aarquus

Jul 31, 2010
this isnt my name said:
Aarquus said:
Jet Set Radio Future. Soooo much nostalgia for this game. Great gameplay, great aesthetic, and the music...

anyone who played JSRF should recognise this.
Can you give me th plot to JSRF in spoiler ags ? I got the the noisetanks deathbal before loosing my game.
And you kidnapped friend is a robot.
Soz but i never beat it either which sucks and is partly why want a remake. I got as far as the sewers and Garam, so i think you actually got further than me.

Jul 9, 2011
If you can upgrade gameplay to 2011 standarts, I would absolutely LOVE to see a Shadowrun (Genesis version) with Fallout type 3D worlds. As a top down shooter it was ok but it could be so much better... especially better than the farce they did when they made that FPS with magic crap.

Shooting, fighting and overall RPG-ing in the real world with the cyber-space battles with todays tech... oh yeah! Count me seriously in!

Can I pre-order a game they aren't making yet? Just to prove a point?

If you can only update graphics and not gameplay: Superman 64!

Again, just to prove a point: No matter how gorgeous a game can look, as long as it plays like crap, nobody will play it.

And those of you who did pay for Superman 64... shame on you!

JimmyC99

Jul 7, 2010
Sniper Elite, i still play thay old PS2 game ( and sniper warrior doesn't count cus it doesnt work )

SonicKaos

Jan 21, 2011
First thing that came to mind was Freedom Fighters for some reason. I would love to play that game again.

crop52

Mar 16, 2011
Shadow of the colossus. I don't even want the HD, I just want it to be ported to PS3!

Nikki Fallingstar

Burning Heretics
Jul 22, 2010
Either SMW (Because it's awesome and I've had the damned theme in my head for a week now) or one of my all time favorite games...

Chrono Trigger!

Because I love the setting, music, and all the characters in it.