If you could pick ONE game from your past to remake, what would you choose?

face_head_mouth

Sep 16, 2010
I'd love to see a remake of Startropics. I also think a modern-day version of Archon would be badass, especially with online multiplayer.

Whoever already said Battletoads, I salute you.

At one point I would have said River City Ransom, but the Scott Pilgrim game was such a cool remake/tribute to it already that it might not be necessary (although the fact that there is no online multiplayer is a crime).

kiwi_poo

Apr 15, 2009
BlazeCruzer said:
Freelancer Freelancer Freelancer
i agree completely.
improve upon the graphics and add more systems, ships, planets etc and this will be the greatest game EVER.

Karma168

Nov 7, 2010
either the Jak & Daxter series or the original Killzone. Both of those games absorbed weeks of my time when i was younger.

Or alternatively a remake/ return to style of the Conflict series. I really enjoyed being able to control the 4 squad members and feel it would be a good start in getting away from the generic FPS that most shooters are stuck in atm.

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
BLOOD!

More games need Flareguns and Pitchforks!

Though the original is still great, I'd expand on its Americana Horror and extend the gameplay into further dimension and add depth of what would be called "RPG-lite" for want of a better term. Basically Bioshock style progression of weapons and abilities.

"with today's polish and graphics but EXACTLY the same game play"

WHY?

OK, Blood is VERY basic for 3D environment but making it all 3D environment without doing something different with that is such a waste.

HassEsser

Jul 31, 2009
kane.malakos said:
HassEsser said:
Half-Life

I'd shit bricks and stop thinking about Ep3 for a few months.
Unfortunately Black Mesa: Source doesn't look like it will ever get released...
Oh my goodness, I know right? It's been a long time since they've said anything; I mean, I can understand them delaying their own project, but there hasn't even been wind about it for a very long time.
kane.malakos said:
As for me, I'll say the Thief games. I loved both of them, but the graphics leave something to be desired.
mmmm, yes, absolutely. But hey, isn't another Thief game in the making? Or am I mistaken?

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
HassEsser said:
Half-Life

I'd shit bricks and stop thinking about Ep3 for a few months.
Meet Half Life: Black Mesa - the total conversion mod

Unfortunately they have gone for a development schedule that they themselves describe as "when it is done"

So in other words... this mod is never getting released.

AgDr_ODST

Cortana's guardian
Oct 22, 2009
first and foremost I'd want the OP choice of GTA: San Andreas to be given the remake/reboot treatment. My other choice would be Marc Echo's: Getting Up Contents Under Pressure

infohippie

Oct 1, 2009
Perhaps UFO: Enemy Unknown. The first of the X-Com series. That was such an awesome game, it really should be remade with modern tech some time.

joemegson94

Aug 17, 2010
Hogs of War. That game with online play and some extra features on the 360 or PC would be pimped.

Arbi Trax

Jul 13, 2011
GTA: London 1969. In 3D. With an Austin Powers lookalike as the protagonist and psychadelic camp everywhere. Yeah baby!

Alternatively, a remake of Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines. Lots of open-ended sneaky WW2 goodness would be super!

AzureRaven

Jul 21, 2011
FFIX. I wouldn't actually mind if they used Zidane's Dissidia VA. He wasn't amazing, but not too bad. I have others, but that's easily my top one.

Black Watch

Aug 9, 2010
Mine would have to be Seiken Densetsu 3 remade on the 3DS. It is easily one of the best games from the Square Soft Snes era.

Naqel

Nov 21, 2009
Metal Fatigue

An RTS from 2000.

Just so that there finally comes out another RTS with giant robots.

Oct 30, 2010
NHL '98

Would updating rosters and adding a Owner mode count as changing gameplay?

Either way, that's my choice.

Godhead

Dib dib dib, dob dob dob.
May 25, 2009
Dungeon Siege, even now I think it's beatiful just from the different locations and the musical score. (I love you Jeremy Soule) I think my eyes would burst from the sheer beauty of the game if it was remade with todays graphics.