If you could remove any one insect species from Earth...

requisitename

Dec 29, 2011
Fucking fire ants. They take over everything, swarm on you and leave blisters where they sting, endanger other species.. and.. I don't think anything even eats them.

They're horrible, nasty, awful little creatures. DEATH TO FIRE ANTS!

More info, pics and pics of the aftermath (not gory) here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire_ant

AndyRock

Dec 22, 2009
I would have to say horseflies. Mosquitoes and midges are annoying but the horsefly is just so much more painful. Never had a problem with wasps really, they usually don't bother you unless you're being stupid (at least here in the UK).

Razzigyrl

Mar 22, 2011
Mosquitos, as far as I'm concerned, are overdue for extinction. Plague-bearing whiny-winged bastardy biting bugs.... Doesn't help that I live near wetlands, and those miserable wretches are already out and about with their insanely toothy tiny mouths and their anticoagulant saliva.

ccggenius12

Sep 30, 2010
SoranMBane said:
Seriously? None; they're all important to the ecosystem and worth having around, even the dangerous and annoying ones. Jokingly? Butterflies; they're boring and overrated, and anything that a teenage girl is willing to get a tramp stamp of just naturally deserves to die (this also includes dolphins, who are provably evil).
I'm gonna disagree. The niche the [a href=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Box_elder_bug]boxelder bug[/a] fills is to eat tree seeds, presumably to prevent overpopulation of said trees. You know what else does that? Squirrels and the fact that physics says two trees can't occupy the same physical space. I don't think they have any natural predators either, they make nasty fluids like a stinkbug. I hate coming home and seeing wall to wall bugs on the outside of my house. Damn things are eating through the insulation...

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Nothing! I don't have the right to take away the lives of millions or cripple an eco-system. Science aside, pick any Cracked.com article and choose one of those fuckers.

Arakasi

Jun 14, 2011
Only one species? There's like 33 species of Flea alone!
Oh well, fuck it, I pick mosquitoes, which ever species fucks more shit up. The bastards.

This one may not be bad, perday but damn it's facinating. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cymothoa_exigua

Gitty101

Jan 22, 2010
Just one? Damn, I have a whole load of insects I want gone, regardless of the consequences.

I'm going to go with the Spider on this occasion. I know it's irrational, especially in the UK, but spiders freak me the fuck out. Just... them legs... hate em'.

Wasps, Mosquitoes and a few other forms of airborne bitey ones all occupy second place on the list.

Captcha: namby-pamby. Yeah, well, I reeeeeeaaaallllllly hate bugs. A lot. And being bitten.

Avaholic03

May 11, 2009
We're already working on eliminating mosquitoes:

http://www.ted.com/talks/nathan_myhrvold_could_this_laser_zap_malaria.html

That dude is my hero, especially since I'm mildly allergic to mosquitoes so I swell up pretty bad when they bite me.

SciMal

Dec 10, 2011
Bed Bugs.

Sure, people complain about mosquitoes - but mosquitoes are easily taken care of with DEET and a few other repellents. Their life cycle is easily interrupted with other mosquitoes that don't harm humans, fish, putting oil on the still water, etc. etc. etc.

Bed Bugs, on the other hand, are hearty bastards that survived every pesticide humans could devise and feed exclusively off of you while you sleep. They breed quickly, they hide during the day, and the most effective way to remove them from your home is heating your ENTIRE home to 150 F for 6 hours (basically baking your house).

I've had roaches, mosquitoes don't bug me, spiders are usually friendly, but bed bugs were - by far - the worst experience I have ever had with the insect world. Worse than dysentery. I am not joking.

BlackStar42

Jan 23, 2010
00slash00 said:
spiders, a thousand times spiders
Spiders aren't insects, they're arachnids.

For me, mosquitoes. Seriously, they've killed more people than just about any other animal on Earth, it's time we got some revenge on the bastards.

ThePS1Fan

Dec 22, 2011
...You would seriously fuck up the whole ecosystem.

Really, I would choose mosquitoes, They really piss me off.

The Floating Nose

Dec 5, 2010
I fucking hate Wasps. It really hurts when they sting you and im scarred by them and they put their fucking nests everywhere. GET THIS SHIT OUT OF MY PLANET !!!

00slash00

Dec 29, 2009
BlackStar42 said:
00slash00 said:
spiders, a thousand times spiders
Spiders aren't insects, they're arachnids.

For me, mosquitoes. Seriously, they've killed more people than just about any other animal on Earth, it's time we got some revenge on the bastards.
i had a feeling someone would say that. i dont care, theyre close enough for me and i want them gone

DoctorSun

Dec 11, 2011
I'll have to go with wasps as well. Holy sun, do those things scare the shit out of me!