If you could remove any one insect species from Earth...

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Which one would it be?

Begone flying fiends!

What about you guys? What insect would you abort from history?

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
You, uh, took mine, Redlin.

So I'll go with horseflies. From what I understand, they can hurt you just as much as wasps can.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
Anything and everything that flies and stings. Including bees.
Because I hate anything that can fly and sting. >_>

Blobpie

May 20, 2009
Horseflys, i hate horseflys!
They're the god damn piranhas of the insect world....

Averant

Jul 6, 2010
Chiggers. Or ticks.

Mostly chiggers. Hate the little bastards. You never know you get bit, but you feel it later.

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
That's a tough one because quite frankly, if I had my way I would purge this Earth of almost every insect. ¬_¬

I guess I'll go with something parasitic, like the bot-fly.

Ectoplasmicz

Nov 23, 2011
Wasps and hornets.

I absolutely loathe those motherfu- wait, calm down.

I dislike them. Greatly. Really really greatly. So greatly i carry around a flame-thrower so whenever I see one I can burn it.

Barciad

Apr 23, 2008
Ectoplasmicz said:
Bees, wasps and hornets.

I dislike them. Greatly. Really really greatly. So greatly i carry around a flame-thrower so whenever I see one I can burn it.
Bees are useful, they make honey. Wasps on the other hand can go burn. But I do hear that they are useful at pest control.

Ectoplasmicz

Nov 23, 2011
Barciad said:
Ectoplasmicz said:
Bees, wasps and hornets.

Bees are useful, they make honey. Wasps on the other hand can go burn. But I do hear that they are useful at pest control.
Good point. I may get rid of bees.

But agree on wasps. Absolutely can burn.

Counter_Southpaw

Apr 20, 2010
Mosquitoes. Simple.

I worked in the Yukon this summer, and one of our worksites was literally located at the heart of Mosquito Canyon. At any given point, one could themselves surround by a thousand mosquitoes. SERIOUSLY. The noise of their wings was deafening. I have dreamed of the day where we genetically splice some form of mosquito that doesn't require human blood/animal blood to reproduce.

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
That Cicada species that lives underground for 17 years and only lives above ground for a week. Seriously, they're a waste of life.

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
Death to the Mosquitoes!!

I normally wouldn't let any insect bug me, but mosquitoes are like flying, dirty, STD-ridden syringes.

Suicidejim

Jul 1, 2011
We have another vote for the Mosquito genocide. Little bastards stop me from going out at night because they just won't piss off and stop biting.

SoranMBane

May 24, 2009
Seriously? None; they're all important to the ecosystem and worth having around, even the dangerous and annoying ones. Jokingly? Butterflies; they're boring and overrated, and anything that a teenage girl is willing to get a tramp stamp of just naturally deserves to die (this also includes dolphins, who are provably evil).

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
I'm allergic to many insect bites, with particularly severe reactions to several variants. Particularly, I don't get on with mosquitoes, horseflies or midges. The can be as essential as they like to the ecosystem, and I'd still want to see them in the fires of fucking Hades. The last time I got bitten by a Horsefly, I was on crutches for 2 weeks. That is not, fucking, normal.

Bagged Milk

Jan 5, 2011
Botflies. I was going to put a video in a couple dozen spoilers, but I just couldn't bring myself to find a video. They are absolutely the most disgusting thing ever. just search it up on Youtube. eughuhghehguh!

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
Going to put another vote towards mosquitoes. I could get rid of wasps, but there are still bees and other flying stinging things to be a pain in the ass. Mosquitoes, on the other hand, are the only airborne bloodsuckers that I'm currently aware of.

BathorysGraveland

Dec 7, 2011
I am tempted to say spiders. Not because I'm afraid of them or anything, but because every time I go for a walk in the forest, I ALWAYS cap a spider web to the face. The rest of the journey then becomes uneasy as I'm not sure if the spider is still on me... hiding somewhere.