Leels

Feb 13, 2010
If You Don't Have Nothin' Nice to Say

Don't say anything at all.

Read Full Article

Blunderboy

Apr 26, 2011
Surely the only correct answer is
'Because I wish to have all the joy and love of life crushed out of me. I find myself loving my fellow man and/or woman and wish to see them for the stupid, selfish uncaring creatures they truly are.'

My years in retail obviously left no lasting impression on me. :p

Chrono212

Fluttershy has a mean K:DR
May 19, 2009
You met these designers?! Like, at your college?

That's it. I'm moving to Canada.

OT: "So I don't have to stop playing games during working hours"

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat šŸ
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
These were all real things we heard during interviews at Gamestop (including the criminal one).
Really, wow. I can kinda understand the first two if the person saying them wasn't very good at interviews or keeping their thoughts to themselves, but that criminal one takes the award for stupidity.

Sabrestar

Apr 13, 2010
Blunderboy said:
'Because I wish to have all the joy and love of life crushed out of me. I find myself loving my fellow man and/or woman and wish to see them for the stupid, selfish uncaring creatures they truly are.'

That seems to apply to almost any job... at least every job I've had.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Are the cat-ears based on a true story too?

Because, well... not gonna lie, if I was confronted with someone wearing cat ears to a job interview I would be sorely tempted to hire them on the spot, if only for the opportunity to ask them why they thought it was a good idea.

Blunderboy

Apr 26, 2011
Sabrestar said:
Blunderboy said:

That seems to apply to almost any job... at least every job I've had.
It's not quite as bad now I work in an office.

burningdragoon

Warrior without Weapons
Jul 27, 2009
To be fair, that's such a hard question to answer (honestly) for any retail job or something like it. I mean, how many people really want to work in retail?

Second person looks a little like one of my friends, though she doesn't wear cat ears.

Trucken

Jan 26, 2009
Wait, seriously, people actually said this shit? Well, at least it was original...

"Why? Why not?" Or something along those lines. Guess I'm not getting employed either.

craddoke

Mar 18, 2010
I like how each current employee was teamed up with an "alternate world" version of themselves that accentuated one (broad-brush) aspect of their character.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
DVS BSTrD said:
Because I'm a people-person! =D
Also because podipus is the shit.
You love people? ME TOO!

We should exchange recipes.

Blunderboy said:

My years working retail are the reason I dream of world domination.

>.>

May 5, 2010
Ugh, girls like Cat-ears up there annoy the hell out of me. We get it, you're a nerd AND a girl. Please stop acting like everyone should care.
Zhukov said:
Are the cat-ears based on a true story too?

Because, well... not gonna lie, if I was confronted with someone wearing cat ears to a job interview I would be sorely tempted to hire them on the spot, if only for the opportunity to ask them why they thought it was a good idea.
Uh...Why would you have to hire them in order you could ask that question? Couldn't you just...ask them?

AbstractStream

Feb 18, 2011
Face-palm with the "girl-gamer" interviewee.
I've heard this way too many times. It's not a big deal to be a girl gamer.

jack583

Oct 26, 2010
because i am studying to get a job in video game devellopment and i feel this is a good place to learn about games that i can't afford or have no time to play