If you had more time...

Yoshi178

Aug 15, 2014
WhiteFangofWhoa said:
Currently have an embarrassing backlog, but my job is considered an essential service so I don't know how long it will be before I get around to completing:
Xenoblade Chronicles
God of War 3
Salt and Sanctuary
Dark Souls 3 NG+
just play the definitive version of Xenoblade when it comes out in May. there will be more story in that version anyway since they're adding in the Bionis Shoulder which was cut from the original game

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
Dalisclock said:
I was somewhat into the chapter 2 when I ran up against some roadblock and stopped. And I've still yet to get back to it. The areas aren't that bad but I swear each boss feels like it requires a 30 minute commitment at best and that narrows how much I can play it. Even Souls/Sekiro the average boss fight doesn't take nearly that long because you're either good enough to survive or you get wrecked quickly.
The balance/difficulty curve is a complete mess because of non linear nature of the game, you might just be up against a boss your too early on. If you're on chapter 2 there's a bunch of stuff you could do, did you get 8 traveller? Did you do all the optional dungeon found in chapter 2 areas? Did you visit all the class shrines? Do you steal/buy stuff from every NPC in town? Plus all chapter are more or less the same difficulty, so the first chapter 2 you'll do will be the hardest and it'll go down from there.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
It?s no secret that I?m not a fan of RTS games, but with unmitigated free time, I?d honestly like to see what it feels like to understand and be good at one. But as it stands, the limited time I have to play the games I CAN comprehend leaves very little to try and get into those that at a glance are about as easy to comprehend as a bag a Skittles in a blender. Basically, I?d like to understand how on God?s green earth does anyone like them.

wings012

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 7, 2011
Country
Malaysia
Despite having a surplus of time I could be using on more focused gaming.... I feel content to waffle around and watch stupid youtube videos all day. With some occasional gaps to do a hunt or two in Monster Hunter or have a few goes at Halo MCC Matchmaking.

I did sit down and finish Atelier Ryza the other day I suppose. I should really work on some of my backlog.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Neurotic Void Melody said:
If there was more time, it would be more entertainment, probably videogames. Probably the ones that demand commitment. Currently the lockdown has ironically led to less free time, due to the nature of being elsewhere with an experience that can be best described as postnatal depression sympathising/empathising. I suppose there's nothing stopping locking myself away and indulging in own toys, but conscience and consequences exist and help is required. Animals are just superior in every way, including and especially cuteness. Even the deadly ones.

It was sad/surprising to hear about the tiger in the Bronx Zoo that contracted covid-19. They?re thinking it was from an asymptomatic handler.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Xprimentyl said:
It?s no secret that I?m not a fan of RTS games, but with unmitigated free time, I?d honestly like to see what it feels like to understand and be good at one. But as it stands, the limited time I have to play the games I CAN comprehend leaves very little to try and get into those that at a glance are about as easy to comprehend as a bag a Skittles in a blender. Basically, I?d like to understand how on God?s green earth does anyone like them.
I?ve tried to get into them a few times too, and am pretty much in the same boat. Latest attempt would be C&C Tiberium Wars, stuck around the Croatia mission where you need to basically fight a war on three fronts with limited resources. I watched a YouTube clip that did it perfectly on the hardest difficulty and was impressed, but I guess I?m just not interested enough in this kind of gameplay that I feel like learning all the hotkeys.