If you had more time...

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
I must admit, that in these odd times of quarantines and lockdowns I kinda envy whoever?s been able to use a ton of it towards gaming.

For everyone else, if you did suddenly have a bunch of free time on your hands, what would you like to accomplish in gaming?

I just read about a new Redux mod for the Witcher 3, and thought damn I?m probably only half way done with a vanilla play through at best. I?d like to get that done, as well as do another run with this Redux mod and then a third run with the Enhanced Edition mod.

I?d also probably try to Platinum quite a few more games.

Then there?s the series I?d like to finish playing through, like:

Final Fantasy (1-3, 5, X and all the offline ones after)
Castlevania (The handheld ones, Rhondo of Blood and Bloodlines in particular)
Zelda (Everything post-Wind Waker)
Resident Evil (0, CV, 5 6, VII)
Doom (Playing 2016 now and have Eternal waiting)
Dark Souls (Now plundering Lothric Castle in 3)

Also the singles, like finishing Kingdom Come: Deliverance, Sekiro, trying out Death Stranding and Bloodstained: Ritual or the Night for starters.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Finish Sekiro(Stuck at final boss)

Finish Hollow Knight(stuck at final boss)

Finish Hyper Light Drifter(Been stuck at the Cat boss so haven't reached the final area)

Finish Octopath Traveler(seeing a theme here?)

Play Legend of Zelda Wind Waker, Majoras Mask and Twilight Princess.

Play the Red Dead Redemption games.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
Dalisclock said:
Just got stuck at the final boss on that one, FYI when you get to it the game lock you in a room with no save point, has you kill a bunch of boss and then, when you're about to start the very last, tell you to make two party of 4 to take him on. Considering most people will stick to the same group of 4 the entire play trough and there's no exp sharing with people on the bench, that's a major dickmove. I turned off the game and uninstall.

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
trunkage said:
Dalisclock said:
I only did basic ***** final boss in HK. Not final form. I had had enough.
I got the 2 "bad" endings with him. Radiance kept kicking my butt and I swore I take a break and come back to her. I just haven't done that final bit yet.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
I've been under quarantine for 2 weeks, and they just extended it 2 weeks more. Experts estimate another 2 weeks after that. So far there're only 820 cases of COVID and 20 deaths, and this is how we can keep that average.

Anyway, I'm not even gaming any more frequently. Figured I'd discipline myself so I don't get sick of too much of anything. So I'm on a permanent cycle of entertainment. I read, write, watch a show, watch a movie, cook meals and game in between.

WhiteFangofWhoa

Jan 11, 2008
Currently have an embarrassing backlog, but my job is considered an essential service so I don't know how long it will be before I get around to completing:
Xenoblade Chronicles
God of War 3
Salt and Sanctuary
Dark Souls 3 NG+

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Dalisclock said:
trunkage said:
Dalisclock said:
I got the 2 "bad" endings with him. Radiance kept kicking my butt and I swore I take a break and come back to her. I just haven't done that final bit yet.
She was super tough. Took me hours of retries to actually win. Then I took a look at Godmaster and vowed never to even attempt it.

Dreiko_v1legacy

Aug 28, 2008
I play fighting games competitively so there's really never enough time haha, you can spend a thousand hours on a fighter and still need to work out new things cause other people are also doing the same so you have to keep up with them. Outside of those kinds of games and various rpgs that I already feel I am doing good in I'd prolly want to explore other genres that take time getting into like strategy games. Oh and maybe get back into pokemon.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
I can't really answer that question in a good way. Looking at the other responses, I seem to be a bit different, in that if I'm playing a game, it's only one game at a time, which I'll play until I finish. The only other games I'll play on the side are multiplayer ones, or the multiplayer of said game. So right now for instance, it's Doom Eternal, and my side stuff is either the multiplayer of Doom Eternal or right now, Overwatch.

I guess if I had more time I'd play an RPG - something I'm reluctant to do because they're a massive time sink. But even being under quarantine, I've got stuff to do.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
If there was more time, it would be more entertainment, probably videogames. Probably the ones that demand commitment. Currently the lockdown has ironically led to less free time, due to the nature of being elsewhere with an experience that can be best described as postnatal depression sympathising/empathising. I suppose there's nothing stopping locking myself away and indulging in own toys, but conscience and consequences exist and help is required. Animals are just superior in every way, including and especially cuteness. Even the deadly ones.

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
Drathnoxis said:
Dalisclock said:
trunkage said:
Dalisclock said:
She was super tough. Took me hours of retries to actually win. Then I took a look at Godmaster and vowed never to even attempt it.
That's one of the reasons it's taking so long to get back to her. I know I'll probably need a weekend worth of attempts and I haven't been able to bring myself to commit to that. which leads me in this awkward position of both having finished the game but not actually having completed it.

Godmaster looks interesting but the idea of "Boss Rush, but now all the bosses are even harder" just makes me feel HELL NO. The Dream bosses were bad enough.

It's ironic I did all the extra work to access the Radiance in the first place and then stopped. I even went out of my way to kill bosses I didn't need to fully upgrade the nail and get the hiveblood to get me through White Palace(Fuck the White Palace, BTW).

I didn't do the Grim Troupe and I'm not sure I ever will at this point. After I finish Hollow Knight I want to try Ori and the Blind Forest because that's another game people seem to love(other then Yathzee, who merely liked it) and because the new Ori game is apparently better.

And Silksong is coming sometime in the next year(probably) so I'll grabbing that straight off the bat unless somehow it ends up being awful.

Meiam said:
Dalisclock said:
Just got stuck at the final boss on that one, FYI when you get to it the game lock you in a room with no save point, has you kill a bunch of boss and then, when you're about to start the very last, tell you to make two party of 4 to take him on. Considering most people will stick to the same group of 4 the entire play trough and there's no exp sharing with people on the bench, that's a major dickmove. I turned off the game and uninstall.
I was somewhat into the chapter 2 when I ran up against some roadblock and stopped. And I've still yet to get back to it. The areas aren't that bad but I swear each boss feels like it requires a 30 minute commitment at best and that narrows how much I can play it. Even Souls/Sekiro the average boss fight doesn't take nearly that long because you're either good enough to survive or you get wrecked quickly.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Had a week of lock-down so far. In that time I've only really played Nioh 2 and Guild Wars 2. Stormed through first playthrough of Nioh 2 in 5 days, and now into NG+ & trophy-hunting.

The lock-down looks to be lasting at the very least another 2 weeks. I might go back to Xenoblade Chronicles 2, or maybe finally start Soma.

Dreiko_v1legacy

Aug 28, 2008
Hawki said:
I can't really answer that question in a good way. Looking at the other responses, I seem to be a bit different, in that if I'm playing a game, it's only one game at a time, which I'll play until I finish. The only other games I'll play on the side are multiplayer ones, or the multiplayer of said game. So right now for instance, it's Doom Eternal, and my side stuff is either the multiplayer of Doom Eternal or right now, Overwatch.

I guess if I had more time I'd play an RPG - something I'm reluctant to do because they're a massive time sink. But even being under quarantine, I've got stuff to do.
I mostly do the same, not including multiplayer stuff. I guess a different way of thinking about this is how big your backlog is and how many games you want to play but haven't gotten around to playing yet.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
I have a bunch of series I want to play, but many of them are such time investments, I just simply don't have the time. To make it worse, I own most of these

-Deus Ex series
-Final Fantasy (VII, IIX, XII, XIII, XV)
-Kingdom Hearts
-So many CRPGs (Pillars of Eternity, Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights, Pathfinder: Kingmaker, etc)
-Yakuza

That's just series. There are a bunch of single games I'd like to play as well. Time just doesn't allow.

Phoenixmgs_v1legacy

Muse of Fate
Sep 1, 2010
Elfgore said:
I have a bunch of series I want to play, but many of them are such time investments, I just simply don't have the time. To make it worse, I own most of these

-Deus Ex series
-Kingdom Hearts
-So many CRPGs (Pillars of Eternity, Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights, Pathfinder: Kingmaker, etc)
-Yakuza

That's just series. There are a bunch of single games I'd like to play as well. Time just doesn't allow.
RPGs need to cut out all the filler and just give you the good stuff, it's ridiculous how long they are. Also, don't consider Deus Ex a series, just play the OG game.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Dreiko said:
I guess a different way of thinking about this is how big your backlog is and how many games you want to play but haven't gotten around to playing yet.
I have an "electronics" backlog that combines games with films and TV. The document is currently 286 pages long.

Not all entries are equal, so to speak, but they're not ranked in priority. If I'm choosing what to watch/play next, or what to purchase from that list, I just go from start to finish and pick one.

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
Elfgore said:

-Deus Ex series
-Kingdom Hearts
-Yakuza

There's only a little overlap there(CRPGS and Yakuza 0) but yeah, I know the feeling. I got GOG GALAXY which I can connect all my accounts to and it just reminded me how many games I have right now yet to even touch.

Yoshi178

Aug 15, 2014
i can't stay at home. i'm an "essential" worker.

anyway when i get days off i'll be doing my daily chores in Animal Crossing and from my backlog i want to complete Astral Chain and Final Fantasy 7 Remake is about to be added to that list.