If you had the ability to switch your gender?

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
Change my gender? Nah, doesn't sound all that interesting. I can learn to mimic other mannerisms, and leap really into feminist studies would prove more enlightening.

Wouldn't pass up changing my sex at will, though. For curiosity's sake.

Nieroshai

Aug 20, 2009
If my girlfriend had the power too, yeah. The only two reasons I'd want it would be disguise or finding out what female sex is like. In the latter case I'm VERY monogamous, so that's why I'd want her to have the power too.

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
Witty Name Here said:
Shape shifting and relationships never work out, "Hey honey, I'm feeling a bit frisky tonight. Pick your favorite farm animal, you'll find out why later..."
"That's probably not good."

Okay, so I only know that because of <url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ShapeshiftingSquick>TV Tropes, but still.

l3lazec

Oct 3, 2010
Most definitely, although finding proper clothing would be a pain in the ass considering I'm near broke right now.

Mainly I'd probably just try and perform a bunch of social experiments, see how people are treated differently according to gender. For example if I'd apply for certain jobs and see how I was treated according to the interviewer. Or maybe I'd go to a bar or w/e and start conversations with randoms as both genders, acting differently and see how people react to what I say.

Pholark

Nov 17, 2010
Once just to know what it's like to be a girl. I would probably switch back around the 3rd time I was asked to "return to the kitchen" or asked to "make a sammich".

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
Redlin5 said:
Sure, it would fun to experiment.[footnote]and by this I don't mean masturbation[/footnote] I could see if sexism still holds strong in Canada and if it does I could make a film about it. Its always good to see how the enemy other side lives too. Hmm... Can I also have some super powers, you know like Ranma?

You...glorious...ninja!

I was totally going to bring up Ranma! If I had his abilities (as well as the gender swapping thing), I don't see any reason why I wouldn't mess around with it a bit.

[sub]Also, is it wrong that I find Ranma's female half incredibly hot?[/sub]

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Macgyvercas said:
You...glorious...ninja!

I was totally going to bring up Ranma! If I had his abilities (as well as the gender swapping thing), I don't see any reason why I wouldn't mess around with it a bit.

I've never felt so good about being a ninja :D

Also congrats on your Neo, looks like I missed the moment on that one.

[sub]Nah, its cool. She is really hot.[/sub]

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
Redlin5 said:
Macgyvercas said:
You...glorious...ninja!

I've never felt so good about being a ninja :D

Also congrats on your Neo, looks like I missed the moment on that one.

[sub]Nah, its cool. She is really hot.[/sub]
Ahh, thanks. Got about half a month ago I think. I can't really remember. But it was recent.

[sub]Technically, since Ranma identifies as male even when in female form, shouldn't we refer to both male and female form as "he"?[/sub]

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Macgyvercas said:
[sub]Technically, since Ranma identifies as male even when in female form, shouldn't we refer to both male and femlae form as "he"?[/sub]
[sub]Hmm... Tough call then. It isn't homosexuality but it doesn't seem quite straight either. Seems to balance itself out.[/sub]

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
Redlin5 said:
Macgyvercas said:
[sub]Technically, since Ranma identifies as male even when in female form, shouldn't we refer to both male and femlae form as "he"?[/sub]
[sub]Hmm... Tough call then. It isn't homosexuality but it doesn't seem quite straight either. Seems to balance itself out.[/sub]
[sub]Well then it seems our only choice is to run around like Tatewaki Kuno, but that doesn't seem good either, since he can't choose between Akane or female Ranma, so very tough call, and we should probably take this to a PM or something before we completely derail this thread[/sub]

bulbasaur765

May 1, 2010
If I could, I would do the same thing I would do as a male just to find any subtle or major differences.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Macgyvercas said:
Redlin5 said:
Macgyvercas said:
[sub]Well then it seems our only choice is to run around like Tatewaki Kuno, but that doesn't seem good either, since he can't choose between Akane or female Ranma, so very tough call, and we should probably take this to a PM or something before we completely derail this thread[/sub]
[sub]Like we haven't already? XD[/sub]

Also I am of the opinion that there is more to exploring the other side of the fence than experiencing the, er, different flavor of "cake".

[sub]I agree, time to discuss this privately.[/sub]

Aqualung

Mar 11, 2009
I would be way, way too happy to have the ability to turn into a guy every now and then.

Gaming is my passion. Gaming is oversaturated with guys. Ergo, it's a passion I regularly feel uncomfortable with.

I can't talk online with a mic because that never ends well. Whenever I go to some gaming event, I get weird looks and awkward pick-up small talk. I walk into an EBGames and floor managers flock to me because they think I'm another bimbo trying to buy COD for her boyfriend.

Sometimes, I just really want to be ignored...

runnernda

Feb 8, 2010
I'd like to see what I'd look like as a boy. Also, I've wondered what sex is like for a guy, too, so I might give that a go.

_Cake_

Apr 5, 2009
I would use it for a different way to jerk off once in a while, but not much else.