If you had to live anywhere in Skyrim...

Lucem712

*Chirp*
Jul 14, 2011
Do I have to live on the cobble-stones then? I pick Riverwood. Next to a major city without all the hustle and bustle of Whiterun.

(Also, I'm pretty sure I'd punch the Talos nut in the face IRL)

Jan 13, 2012
I would either live in Markarth or Whiterun. Markarth has alot of protection even with that crazy forsworn tribe pissing about in the coutryside and Whiterun doesnt have all that political crap going on.

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
Either Riften or Markarth.

Riften has readily accessible stores and stalls all within spitting distance and it seems like it's the least coldest of all the cities.

Markarth because it looks the coolest and seems like it would be safest from dragon attacks due to the high rock faces surrounding the city.

Stormz

Jul 4, 2009
Hard. I love Riften but whenever I visit in my game it's always cloudy. If there was more sun I'd pick it in a heart beat. Other then that probably Markarth because it's the most unique looking city in the game.

BathorysGraveland

Dec 7, 2011
Probably Falkreath. For one, it isn't close to the icy north, so that's a plus. Also, I love green forests. I would prefer Riften, honestly, but it has a large criminal presence so fuck that and Markarth is, well, the people there are just fucking stupid. Whiterun could be pretty good too. But yeah, Falkreath. We'd only have to watch out for bears and spriggans, but I suppose you'll get that anywhere.

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
BathorysGraveland said:
Probably Falkreath. For one, it isn't close to the icy north, so that's a plus. Also, I love green forests. I would prefer Riften, honestly, but it has a large criminal presence so fuck that and Markarth is, well, the people there are just fucking stupid. Whiterun could be pretty good too. But yeah, Falkreath. We'd only have to watch out for bears and spriggans, but I suppose you'll get that anywhere.
And there's a talking dog, which is always a plus!

Knusper

Sep 10, 2010
Whiterun because it looks like Edoras and is the only town with any vegetation beyond grass.

ShindoL Shill

Truely we are the Our Avatars XI
Jul 11, 2011
distortedreality said:
Riften.

Nice weather.
Yeah, but a lot of people there tend to get caught in the crossfire between the guards and me and the thieves.
Sidenote: I really want them to sort the friendly fire issues. I had to slaughter a squad of Imperials because one of them decided to stand on the opposite side of the dragon I 'Yol Tor Shul'ed.

Personally, I'd pick Whiterun. It's just the best choice:
-Falkreath is open and in the woods. Easily attacked by, say, bears.
-Markarth has the Forsworn.
-Morthal is in swampland. Bleh.
-Solitude is full of Imperials.
-Dawnstar has nightmares.
-Winterhold is a shithole unless you're a mage.
-Windhelm is full of racists.
-Riften has the Thieves Guild.
-Whiterun has the Companions, and a ruler who tries to stay out of the civil war.

JaguarDwarf

Jan 28, 2012
Whiterun i would say. Nice weather. Less dragon attacks (For me anyway) And blacksmiths for my smithing lvl.

Pirakahunter788

Feb 4, 2011
Probably Whiterun. It's got everything you'd ever need. Nice folk, beautiful countryside, it's in the center of Skyrim, and all the extra stuff, enchanting table, alchemy tables, smelter, leather rack, furnace, etc.

Skulltaker101

Jul 20, 2010
Hmmm, going to get some stick for this, but I say the Thalmor Embassy. Firstly, Talos is a man, not a Divine. Secondly, I dig their sweet robes! :)

*Puts up steadfast ward against incoming flames.*