If you had to live anywhere in Skyrim...

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
I'd live as my Argonian battlemage in solitude boning Jordis the sword maiden all day.....

Either that, living in my archmage quarters in winter hold would be great, when I get cold, fire spells

Lucem712

*Chirp*
Jul 14, 2011
Heimir said:
Lucem712 said:
Do I have to live on the cobble-stones then? I pick Riverwood. Next to a major city without all the hustle and bustle of Whiterun.

(Also, I'm pretty sure I'd punch the Talos nut in the face IRL)
And me and my friends would batter you halfway to death with clubs you Thalmor sympathising imperial scum.

OT: Probably Morthal. A bit out of the way, calm and nice. But not too far from the biggest city :3
STORMMMMMCLOOAK! I'm a emperor-lovin' Imperial!

Skulltaker101

Jul 20, 2010
martyrdrebel27 said:
Skulltaker101 said:
Hmmm, going to get some stick for this, but I say the Thalmor Embassy. Firstly, Talos is a man, not a Divine. Secondly, I dig their sweet robes! :)

*Puts up steadfast ward against incoming flames.*
you disgust me. blasphemous elf lover! the only reason the aldmeri dominion denies Talos' ascension is because they don't feel humans AS A WHOLE can be anything special. to deny Talos is to deny humanity a fair spot among the elves.

besides, he was good enough for akatosh, so to deny talos is to go against akatosh as well, and i really don't think you wanna do that.

watch where you lay your head tonight blasphemer! you never know which shadows might have a khajiit lurking in them, bow drawn with an arrow tipped in a particularly painful brew of Damage Health.

sweet mother, sweet mother, send your child unto me. for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear.
Hmmm, the Khajiit are going to be a problem, then? I suppose I shall have to take my battles...Elsweyr. :)

theevilgenius60

Jun 28, 2011
I have to go with Whiterun. From the get go it felt like what I would want my hometown to be, big enough but not too big. Well policed by guards(and companions/werewolves), a sensible Jarl and pleasant countryside. Who wouldn't want to live there.

martyrdrebel27

Feb 16, 2009
Skulltaker101 said:
martyrdrebel27 said:
Skulltaker101 said:
Hmmm, going to get some stick for this, but I say the Thalmor Embassy. Firstly, Talos is a man, not a Divine. Secondly, I dig their sweet robes! :)

you disgust me. blasphemous elf lover! the only reason the aldmeri dominion denies Talos' ascension is because they don't feel humans AS A WHOLE can be anything special. to deny Talos is to deny humanity a fair spot among the elves.

besides, he was good enough for akatosh, so to deny talos is to go against akatosh as well, and i really don't think you wanna do that.

watch where you lay your head tonight blasphemer! you never know which shadows might have a khajiit lurking in them, bow drawn with an arrow tipped in a particularly painful brew of Damage Health.

sweet mother, sweet mother, send your child unto me. for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear.
Hmmm, the Khajiit are going to be a problem, then? I suppose I shall have to take my battles...Elsweyr. :)
you cowardly elves wouldn't last a day in the sandy dunes of Elsweyr. Summerset Isle will run red, you have my word.

James Crook

Jul 15, 2011
As expected, nobody likes Windhelm.
I'd probably go with Whiterun. I like the place, really. It's calm and stuff, and you've got a guild of fighters just next to your door, ready at hand.

King of Asgaard

Vae Victis, Woe to the Conquered
Oct 31, 2011
My choice is Markarth, for that amazing Dwemer architecture.
Bear in mind that my decision is based on what I saw of Vlindrel Hall.

BloatedGuppy

Feb 3, 2010
Solitude, by a long shot. Beautiful natural scenery, an orderly well kept city with plenty of amenities, a relatively safe surrounding area, reasonably calm weather patterns, stable government. Probably the highest standard of life for a regular peasant, provided you're not a Stormcloak revolutionary.

Windhelm and Winterhold have violent inclement weather, and besides that, Winterhold is a burned out wreck for non-mages, and Windhelm is poorly maintained, poorly governed, and has a sizeable slum. Falkreath is poorly protected, is in the heart of dangerous wilderness, and has an undesirable element close by (Dark Brotherhood). Markarth has questionable government, is built overtop of lethal ruins, and suffers constant Forsworn invasions. Riften is a hotbed of crime and corruption. Whiterun is probably the only other significant holdfast that could give Solitude a run for its money. But it has that faction war inside the city walls, and on at least one occasion we see a giant blundering into the farmsteads, so it loses by a nose.

AlotFirst

Mar 29, 2011
Falkreath, it has got the most beautiful natural surroundings in my opinion, it's got all the shops I need and the town is the very epitome of peace and quiet.

OctoH

Feb 14, 2011
Sovngarde...hands down. Jorrvaskr in Whiterun is a distant second.

kyogen

Feb 22, 2011
Falkreath, Riften, maybe Markharth if we're talking major settlements.

To be perfectly honest, I'm really jealous of those hunters I keep running across in the wilderness. I also like the Khajiit caravans and wish that they had more content associated with them.

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
Can I pick Sovngarde?

That place seems pretty damn great....when Alduin isn't eating everyone.

Dimitriov

The end is nigh.
May 24, 2010
martyrdrebel27 said:
Skulltaker101 said:
martyrdrebel27 said:
Skulltaker101 said:

you cowardly elves wouldn't last a day in the sandy dunes of Elsweyr. Summerset Isle will run red, you have my word.
Hate to burst your bubble, but the Aldmeri Dominion already HAS claimed Elsweyr. You're behind the times mate ;)

"Within fifteen years, Imperial influence in Elsweyr had so diminished that the Empire was unable to respond effectively to the coup of 4E 115 which dissolved the Elsweyr Confederacy and recreated the ancient kingdoms of Anequina and Pelletine as client states of the Aldmeri Dominion. Once more the Empire failed to stop the advance of Thamor [sic] power."
-A Concise Account of the Great War Between the Empire and the Aldmeri Dominion

Don't get me wrong though: I HATE the Thalmor.

OT: I would probably live Falkreath or Whiterun.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
BloatedGuppy said:
Solitude, by a long shot. Beautiful natural scenery, an orderly well kept city with plenty of amenities, a relatively safe surrounding area, reasonably calm weather patterns, stable government. Probably the highest standard of life for a regular peasant, provided you're not a Stormcloak revolutionary.

Windhelm and Winterhold have violent inclement weather, and besides that, Winterhold is a burned out wreck for non-mages, and Windhelm is poorly maintained, poorly governed, and has a sizeable slum. Falkreath is poorly protected, is in the heart of dangerous wilderness, and has an undesirable element close by (Dark Brotherhood). Markarth has questionable government, is built overtop of lethal ruins, and suffers constant Forsworn invasions. Riften is a hotbed of crime and corruption. Whiterun is probably the only other significant holdfast that could give Solitude a run for its money. But it has that faction war inside the city walls, and on at least one occasion we see a giant blundering into the farmsteads, so it loses by a nose.
I would pick Solitude for that reason, I love the area around the city, and all the shops for what I need are there. Plus, it helps that I don't get hasseled because of my character being a Khajiit. It's one of few cities that I actually enjoy going to outside of Whiterun, and I hate going to Winterhold. That place just sucks.

JochemHippie

Trippin' balls man.
Jan 9, 2012
Maybe Whiterun, I've always had a soft spot for the tundra.

On the other hand Solitude has some very nice people and is quite beautiful aswell also safe.

Lucane

Mar 24, 2008
Ange's mountain side shack for me. High up fairly close to a town no one ever bothers her there and a great way to work on my archery early on plus if you say you're not there to try to kill her she really warms up to you in a way that's more so than doing chores for other people first and then getting them to sort of like you.

Joshimodo

Sep 13, 2008
Why would I live anywhere but Markarth? Beautiful city, well protected, away from the war but close enough to other areas, great economy and a temple to Dibella.

Forsworn won't get in.

Solitude is a second choice, but it's nice too.