If you had to live in any fictional universe, which?

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
Sue me, but I'd pick Equestria from MLP:FiM. Relatively peaceful, no tyranids, no giant monsters, peaceful neighbours that don't want to eat me. Could just do my gardening in peace and isolation. Like living out in the Styx on Earth, but less likely to have a serial killer or thief come knocking.

springheeljack

Red in Tooth and Claw
May 6, 2010
Johnny Novgorod said:
Any of the fantasy lands dreamed by Hayao Miyazaki.
The world of Princes Mononoke would be pretty incredible or the World of Castle in the Sky

I would choose to live in Morrowind though I would high tail it out of there before the Oblivion Crises happens. I would probably spend the rest of my time in the Imperial City. Hopefully I would be able to get my hands on some really good loot in Morrowind before the Nerevarine comes and grabs it

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Shirokuma Cafe. I get to enjoyed good food, the plesant atomshere and best of all, talking animals that has equal rights as human!

Ok sure it may not be excited as compared to Gundam or One Piece but hey at least I know I will stayed alived in Shirokuma cafe (imagine if I was just a civilian that just got assulted from a pirate in One Piece?).

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
Easy answer is Pokemon, for all the obvious reasons. But for one reason in particular, even NPCs have access to the power of the main character. In most games, NPCs are just regular people who are powerless, but in Pokemon, they have a lot of potential and opportunities. You can be go into any class you want, become a gym leader, elite four member, etc. A chance at making a brand new friend for life only costs about 2 bucks, if we treat Pokedollars like yen.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
I want to say Firefly, but asking myself what I could add to the crew, they pretty much have it covered. I'd just be another Jayne. Good for firefights and not much else. Plus, tracking down Serenity and asking Mal to let me be part of his crew? That seems like it would look pretty pathetic.

So One Piece. Might even find me a logia fruit. Sure, I'd be sailing under a no-name crew, but it's freedom. And if I managed to grab a good power, I'd sail the Grand Line making a name for myself, at war with the World Government trying to keep up with the Supernovas. The jikan jikan/kochi kochi no mi, batto batto no mi model: vampire, Osore Osore no mi...yeah, the last one could work pretty well.

Madner Kami

Jan 14, 2013
Star Trek Universe or Mass Effect Universe. Both are fairly high tech and full of opportunities, unless you end up on Rura Penthe or Tuchanka.

Runner Up: Ghost in the Shell Universe. Not too different from our reality, but tech up the whaazoo.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Extra-Ordinary said:
aegix drakan said:
I'm not even a fan of Pokemon, but I'd pick the world of Pokemon.

Because it's practically a utopia, and pets are the most overpowered awesome things ever.

There's little risk, and so much potential for awesome. As long as I don't spawn in a highly dangerous area when I first arrive, and as long as I can catch SOMETHING early on, I should be ok.
Gosh darn it, I have that exact same answer, you'll be hearing from my lawyers.
But seriously, I'm not a fan of Pokemon either, used to be, but it seems like a pretty safe bet.
And I wouldn't worry about spawning somewhere dangerous,in the real world, getting shocked by a Pikachu or burned by a Charmander would be deadly but if we're talkin' Poke-verse here, you'll just get knocked out and won't sustain any lasting injuries.
There seems to be quite a few of here understanding the utopia which is the PokemonUniverse :p
Best case scenario you become someone who is born in a town with a gym which you someday take over. While worst case scenario is being reborn as a Metapod in which case you just get to chill in the grass until the end of days :D

sanquin

Jun 8, 2011
Guffe said:
There seems to be quite a few of here understanding the utopia which is the PokemonUniverse :p
Best case scenario you become someone who is born in a town with a gym which you someday take over. While worst case scenario is being reborn as a Metapod in which case you just get to chill in the grass until the end of days :D
Correction, you'd spawn as a caterpie, chillin' in the trees. THEN you'd turn into a metapod chillin' in the grass. And finally you'd soar through the sky as a butterfree!

MythicMatt

Phantom of the forum
Feb 4, 2015
Assuming universes not quite publicly established [An entire collection of disorganized notes between me and a friend, which will one day be released, as soon as we finish getting all the details down...] are disqualified, I'd go with Golarion from Pathfinder.

I mean, it can't be that hard to learn magic, right? And, I already know the basics of swordplay...

Oct 22, 2011
Futurama. Looks fun as heck, and if a guy like Fry can get a job and survive there, then i shouldn't have problems either(probably).

Although...
TheLaughingMagician said:
I've never played any but how about a dating sim? Seems like a safe bet and getting sex would literally just involve scoring enough points. No need to comprehend social cues or anything.
I like this way of thinking.

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
Dr. McD said:
Katherine Kerensky said:
Sue me, but I'd pick Equestria from MLP:FiM. Relatively peaceful, no tyranids, no giant monsters, peaceful neighbours that don't want to eat me. Could just do my gardening in peace and isolation. Like living out in the Styx on Earth, but less likely to have a serial killer or thief come knocking.
I almost picked Equestria, but clothing is probably rarer and more expensive in Equestria (since clothing is usually for formal functions and most inhabitants don't need clothes) and I prefer humans for company. Well, for intimate company considering I'm hypothetically going to live in this setting for the rest of my life.
Ah, that's a good point that I overlooked. Clothes are really super important to me, since I'm more prudish when it comes to nudity than most people would expect of me. Well, at least when it comes to myself.
Hell, maybe I'd just get some red bed sheets and safety pins, and just wear that. Explain it away as me being a techpriestess or something.

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
TheLaughingMagician said:
I've never played any but how about a dating sim? Seems like a safe bet and getting sex would literally just involve scoring enough points. No need to comprehend social cues or anything.
Um... I guess that would work?

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
Katherine Kerensky said:
I admit I haven't watched since season 3, but isn't there implied to be some sort of caste system in place where being a non-horse hooved animal is -2 to social status, having wings is +1 to social status, a horn is +2 to social status, and the only prominent positions for men are in the military?
Hardly seems utopian.

TelosSupreme

Dec 8, 2015
All things considered, I'd probably end up living in the Journeyman Project universe. It's basically our universe, but with all major negatives gone. In 2117, humanity had ended its last world war and banded together to restore Earth. Everything that followed essentially culminated into a true utopia. Technology has advanced to such a level that time travel now becomes feasible (and the most potentially dangerous discovery). Then in 2318, an alien civilization greets mankind and invites them into their symbiotry of peaceful beings for having achieved their own world peace.

Obviously this is all only possible in fiction, but that's the point of this thread, isn't it? If you think about it, the Journeyman Project series is the ultimate in science fiction futures: You've got advanced technology, aliens, space travel, and even time travel, all topped off with a truly functional global society. Sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
Souplex said:
I admit I haven't watched since season 3, but isn't there implied to be some sort of caste system in place where being a non-horse hooved animal is -2 to social status, having wings is +1 to social status, a horn is +2 to social status, and the only prominent positions for men are in the military?
Hardly seems utopian.
That's not my read on it, and I'm pretty up to date on the series. Plenty of males seen in non-military roles too.
And if what you said were the case... it still beats trying to be a farmer in the 40k Imperium.
Or, like, a lot of fictional universes. Most of the conflicts are centered around 6 characters, so stay away from them, and you won't get curb stomped by reality. Kinda like the Doctor showing up, and people dying. Stay away from the protagonists.