If you were a billionaire...

Roganwilson

May 24, 2009
I would buy a battlecruiser. and then go torpedo Russian ships, claim I'm an american, and start World War III. Just for the lulz.

Blood Masque

Jan 16, 2010
I'd build my dream home and I get a nice car or two. Also, I'd get my mom a nice place, too. She deserves it. Other than that, I wouldn't spend much more than I do now...except maybe on clothes and electronics. A portion would probably go to charities I like, and I might start up a business (probably clothing, a movie studio, or a publishing company). Even with all that money, I couldn't just sit around and do nothing.

Wounded Melody

Jan 19, 2009
I'd buy everything my mother needed to make her comfortable and as well as she can be. Then I'd hire private researchers to find a cure for certain diseases.

r3lix

Mar 19, 2009
Also, what would you buy?
I would by my mum something nice (Maybe). I would also buy shares and gamble a lot of money through the economy. Maybe buy some big businesses too.

What would be the first thing you did/bought?
Similar to first question

Would you work? For money? What on?
Yea, I would still work...For the businesses I own.

Icehearted

Jul 14, 2009
I could be a real bastage and pay obese people to follow the homeless around eating delicious smelling food, or find people desperate to pay off mortgages and offer to cover those for them on the condition that they burn everything that has any sentimental value like photos and little Timmy's first drawing or Suzy's favorite dolls in a bonfire. Maybe I'd buy up some of the largest and most beloved city parks and have them paved over. I'd wait till the holidays and buy up every last popular must have toy in every store I could find in town and pay parents each $1000 to force their children to watch me run them through a wood chipper.

I guess I'd be somewhere between Carter Pewterschmidt and C.M. Burns.

Bellvedere

Jul 31, 2008
I would buy everything on thinkgeek that I've always wanted. And then you know actually consider it properly.

ManiacEskimo

Mar 31, 2009
I'd update my wardrobe, I probably won't buy a lot of new stuff with it yet, as I will finish up whatever I am doing and then leave to travel the world.

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
You know I just had a revelation trying to type this...I don't really want a billion dollars that bad, it would screw with the relationship I have with my friends, family, my uni course and my future career.

I am studying medicine at the moment, I live in an accommodation buiding with a bunch of awesome people that I have only known for a few months. If I had a billion dollars suddenly I'd become that "billionaire" only paying fifty dollars a week for subsidized accommodation and studying on a government sponsored spot. I haven't known these people long but I wouldn't be that fun guy to hang out with I'd be that rich guy with cool stuff, everyone is jealous about. Everytime I'd enter a room people would stop talking.

It would influence how my tutors and the consultants treat me, some would be disdainful as I'm richer than them and they might see me as pretty much wasting their time, other might be more grovelling trying to get me to donate or buy the hospital/university stuff. Everyone would judge me by my money and not my merit.

What would be the point of helping people individually as a doctor when I could do more good with the money?

And my family, my sister has always been a bit of a dreamer, with me as a permanent crutch for her she might never achieve all of her goals and ambitions. And all my cousins and relatives would want a piece of my fortune, not necessarily handouts, but a business loan here or financial backing here. I would feel out of place at humble family gatherings.

How could I know a woman genuinely liked me?

On the flip-side, if I could keep it mostly secret I could use it fund a company that designs gadgets and bio-tech. Then I could become a superhero.

chrisrf

Mar 27, 2010
First thing i would buy is the fastest,most advanced computer in the world.maybe have Bill Gates as my very own personnel support team. I hate computer problems and slow computers :(.

Shoqiyqa

Mar 31, 2009
I'd make a new will.

I'd get myself a house and make it sustainable, with a big kitchen.

I'd donate huge amounts to some charities like Rainforest Concern and NSPCC's Full Stop.

I'd quit my job.

I'd travel a lot of the world, finding ways to make a difference.

I'd buy the Darfuri refugees a lot of solar ovens so they don't have to go out for firewood and get raped.

I'd bug politicians a lot.

I'd sponsor volunteer projects.

I'd sponsor some investigative journalists.

I'd get an island or a large area in Scotland or something like that and build a castle and some cottages and Hobbit holes and an inn and other stuff and set it up as a year-round LARP site.

I'd probably indulge myself in an aircraft as well, some lightweight two-seater with respectable range.

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
Buy a house, make it all nice, learn to drive and get a roomy car, buy some more clothes because I desperately need some, give some to charity and save the rest.

titanium turtle

Jul 1, 2009
buy and colonise mars and get my great great grandson to launch intreplanetary war one against earth- then colonise it again, then find other planets to buy

S-Unleashed

May 14, 2009
Pay off the US debit, help with find a cure for AIDS, and give to church missions and feed hungry kids.

Freedomario

Jan 22, 2010
Pay The most Brilliant minds in the world to make a Portal gun, Time Machine and/or a Dimensional Traveler.
Woo