If you were a great warrior, what would be your weapon of choice?

Kakashi on crack

Aug 5, 2009
As the great NWN hordes of the underdark mentor would say...

Scythe!!!

Nah, joking... Hmm, my weapon would probably be a morning star. Those things are flippin awsome.

Angus565

Mar 21, 2009
A brick.

I would be known as the warrior that can kill in 65 different ways with a brick.

zidine100

Mar 19, 2009
Angus565 said:
A brick.

I would be known as the warrior that can kill in 65 different ways with a brick.
ehm to quote father jack....

i love me brick.

anyway sorry about that one there. i just had to.

Anyway, 65 ways, enlighten me please.

Angus565

Mar 21, 2009
zidine100 said:
Angus565 said:
A brick.

ehm to quote father jack....

i love me brick.

anyway sorry about that one there. i just had to.

Anyway, 65 ways, enlighten me please.
The 1st and probably most terrifying involves the brick...and where the sun don't shine
The other 64 are just various methods of bludgeoning and tossing of said brick.

TheSolemnHypnotic

Dec 12, 2010
IDK maybe an odachi. Or that weird Force-like type thing FF characters have (the Force is invisible, theirs is all colorful and pretty.)Or two yo-yo-like disc of doom, with razor sharp rotating blades connected to a chain. I can't decide. :/

Blitzkrieg64

Apr 21, 2009
Probably a couple Masamune swords and a Murasama sword for backup for close range. Then Braig's twin arrowguns for mid range and finally a sniper rifle for very long range combat. The knowledge to actually use these weapons would be great as well. :p

Monoclebear

Robot enthusiast
Sep 29, 2010
Aylaine said:
My fists or my mind. I don't feel warriors need actual weapons, when they themselves can be the weapon. ;O
Yeah maybe but with weapons they are normaly much more badass. Personaly, I would use shotgun but but with a straight handle so that i can also hold it like a bat and smash people in the head. And some thing which freezes and/or poisens the enemy.

BrionJames

Jul 8, 2009
an AA-12 if I were a modern day warrior, and if I was a fantasy hero...hhmm, I think a Heron Mark Sword would be pretty goddam cool. not that I'm a blademaster or anything.

colourcodedchaos

Jun 20, 2008
There's a saying that the human body is the most powerful weapon there is. Whilst a truism, there's nothing stopping one from augmenting said body like a Linux addict with a ton of spare time.

Consider the following science nerd things.

Agglomerated Carbon Nanorods (ACNR) is the hardest and strongest material humankind has yet to produce. It's like adamantium, only this stuff actually exists. Because it's so light, it can be implanted subdermally, making a bulletproof tank out of a human being without sacrificing mobility. At all.

By the time we're likely to be able to produce subdermal implants of ACNR, computer technology will have advanced at the usual tremendous rate. In a literal quantum leap, we'll be able to manipulate the technology of our own brains, adding memories that weren't there and boosting the attributes that already are with the judicious application of graphene microchips. And it's not limited to the brain. Nanotechnology and genetic engineering could make one able to tear a bus in half with one's bare hands and immune to poisoning and disease.

Genetic engineering would also combine well with the use of metamaterials - substances that can bend electromagnetic radiation around themselves, which not only make invisibility possible but could also conceivably be used to render one immune to laser weapons. If we genetically engineer the human form to the point where almost all the cells in it naturally produce an outer coating of metamaterials (save obviously for the light receptors of the eye) then the human body can become almost completely invisible on the visible spectrum.

This is all conjecture and futurology, I know. But given the choice between being a baseline, stock human female with a pump action shotgun and an unarmed human who's incredibly strong and fast thanks to the nanobots in her muscular system, possessed of a knowledge of a boatload of martial arts and preternatural reflexes thanks to the chips in her brain, is as good as immune to bullets thanks to her subdermal carbon nanotube armour plating, and is almost completely invisible to the EM spectrum and unfazed by laser weaponry thanks to her genetically-engineered metamaterial skin... I'm gonna take being the science ghost ninja any day.

Muphin_Mann

Oct 4, 2007
Redlin5 said:

I always wanted to be a hero sniper.
Is that a dragnuv? And i get you wanna use a sniper rifle, but do you want to use that one?

For french luxury in .50 you could use a Hecate.

tho their are many options.

Or use a .22 for a more delicate touch.

Chibz

Sep 12, 2008
I would wield two slightly lesser-in-skill-level warriors, who would both dual-wield katanas.

Super Toast

Supreme Overlord of the Basement
Dec 10, 2009
A Smith and Wesson .500 magnum in one hand, and The Power of Self Respect in the other.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Aylaine said:
InTheEnd said:
Aylaine said:
My fists or my mind. I don't feel warriors need actual weapons, when they themselves can be the weapon. ;O
Yeah maybe but with weapons they are normaly much more badass. Personaly, I would use shotgun but but with a straight handle so that i can also hold it like a bat and smash people in the head. And some thing which freezes and/or poisens the enemy.
I think that depends on what the person considers badass, don't you? :D
I could see you as a female Bruce Lee XD

carpathic

Oct 5, 2009
I'm thinking a sniper rifle. You'd never even know I was there, and then you'd be ded. That's right. D-E-D ded.