If you were a great warrior, what would be your weapon of choice?

stonethered

Mar 3, 2009
pulse2 said:
I think the whole sword idea loses itself a bit with the fire and such :/ Why not just a normal sword? Must you scorch your opponent as well?
In fact, I think that the scorching would actually decrease the weapon's effectiveness. That fire could cauterize the wounds and keep them from bleeding properly, giving them a chance to fight you a second time, or even a third!

As for me, I choose a sturdy spear, something with a blade sharp enough to cut if I slash with it and with the strength to withstand a sword blow. Or alternatively, a single-bladed axe with a round shield, each inlaid with runes denoting that I fight for the users.

Nov 18, 2010
Going by real-life weapons, and excluding guns (I mean, c'mon, other than a sniper, it takes very little skill to be kill with those), I'd say a kusarigama. It's a ninja weapon that has a sickle on one end and a heavy metal ball on the other connected by a long, light, and sturdy chain. THAT takes considerable skill to wield effectively and would be a spectacle in its own right.

By video game weapons though, I'd choose the Claws of Hades from God of War III; it rips out souls, allows the wielder to steal said souls, and said souls can be summoned up to fight for you.

Whateveralot

Oct 25, 2010
A dual shortsword. Kind of like PoP:Warrior Within cover art, but with shorter swords (about a 65cm / 2 ft. long).

Housebroken Lunatic

Sep 12, 2009
A rusty spoon...

Im supposed to be a "GREAT" warrior after all. If I needed weapons like swords, assault rifles, rocket launchers and sci-fi weapons of destruction to beat my opponents, then I'd be a pretty mediocre warrior if you ask me.

Pulling out a rusty spoon with a completely straight face while others point guns at me however would truly show how awsome I am. And it would also make my opponents insecure.

"Haha! He pulled out a SPOON! What's he gonna do with that when we have GUNS!? He must be crazy... Right? Please tell me he's just being crazy? Surely he can't hurt us with just a spoon? How would he do it? I guess he could... Oh crap, that would really be painful. But he won't be able to since we have guns pointed at him. No warrior is that skilled... Right?.. Then again he sure looks confident coming towards us like that.. Why? And aren't those old stains on the spoon a bit too red to simply be rust?... *nervous tingling voice* Stay back! Stay back you crazy person! I'll shoot you! I swear to god I'll shoot you, DROP THE SPOON AND SURRENDER! AAAAAAARGH!!!"

*sounds of sporadic gunfire and screams of pain and agony*

... Yeah, that would totally be me. >:)

MrJKapowey

Oct 31, 2010
YoBadMama said:
A bolter and chainsword to cleanse the souls of the enemies of mankind with holy fire and blessed steel.
This. Except my puny little guardsman body wouldn't be able to carry it...

OT:My Gun from Pimp my gun:

[http://img34.imageshack.us/i/specialforcescombatrifl.jpg/]

Or if I needed to go loud and didn't want ANY secrecy then...

[http://img33.imageshack.us/i/vsslmgversion.jpg/]

For my side arm... My hand cannon:

[http://img690.imageshack.us/i/handcannonnorm.jpg/]
[http://img819.imageshack.us/i/handcannonloader.jpg/]

TilMorrow

Diabolical Party Member
Jul 7, 2010
Cybernectic arm one side and a shotgun/great sword combination on the other. Hell yea!

fessferenc

Apr 17, 2009
My first preference would be a bladed whip like thing, but if I'm not allowed that I'd go for a flail, I've always liked flails for some reason...

blind_dead_mcjones

Oct 16, 2010
a brick in a sock, and a straight razor tucked down one boot

afterall i'm meant to be a "Great" warrior afterall, and you'd have to be one to use those two objects to any meaningful effect

Tetranitrophenol

Apr 4, 2010
My weapon of choice would be one of my own creation.
[http://img843.imageshack.us/i/dianaz.jpg/]

I was doing a Warrior's cosplay that day xP.
The Sword's name is Diana; 10pounds, fairly balanced so its easy to maneuver.

I have another weapon project, but is currently at halt cus of college, it is a Scythe named Samantha.

Death on Trapezoids

Nov 19, 2009
Great balls of fire (3 flaming flail)! Or maybe... the death star?
Hellboy's revolver, the samaritan.
Wait...

Teh Roflchoppa

Jun 24, 2009
Remember Jax from Mortal Kombat? Big robot arms... But there would be a portal gun on each one, so i could punch them in to a wall and portal them behind me so I can do a spinning backfist and make their head EXPLODE.

DanielDeFig

Oct 22, 2009
A Scythe.

If possible, it will be magical and amplify any magical abilities i may have, such as elementalist powers.

lordofmyownworld

Jan 14, 2011
An Octopus on a stick.

Or money,and just bribe everyone,but i am supposed to be a warrior,so.....
scoped Machine gun that shoots 30mm phosphorus grenades, with bayonet and side teleporter that teleports in new ammunition so i never have to reload, and a cup holder.
who said fighting never got thirsty?

AgDr_ODST

Cortana's guardian
Oct 22, 2009
Depends, if I use guns I think I'll take a thompson SMG with a round drum, and have either a silenced Beretta pistol or a Lemat Revolver as my back up

If bladed weapons are what will define me I think I'll use a Kilij with a dagger as my back up