If you were a grunt in any army...

swolf

May 3, 2010
Vitor Goncalves said:
swolf said:
I have not experienced that life so I wouldn't venture a guess at it out of respect to those who have to live it everyday. I do understand that life is cruel and unforgiving for them yet it's something I have trouble even imagining. On a related subject, have you seen the documentary "The Forgotten Children"?
If you are referring to "The Forgotten Children" of Congo, not yet.

And I didn't have opportunity to experience life in a war-thorn country either. although I imagine it I don't know how close or far to the true feelings one can have my thoughts are. I just felt instinctively that despite your comparison being right it should be pointed in what setting it fits.
This is kinda bugging me, shouldn't it be spelled "war-torn"?

l337merc

May 18, 2010
Real.. IRA, 1973, Fake.... I'd have to say Mithril. half a walrus to whoever can tell me what i'm talking about.

GreatVladmir

May 25, 2008
IRL, toss up between Wehrmacht or Red Army (cold-war era), I just find both of those armed forces cool, the Wehrmacht and cool uniforms and the Red Army had cool armour, plus AK :).

Fictional, one of the Boyz in a WAAARGH!, would be both bloody and entertaining.

Cody211282

Apr 25, 2009
Ether an Imperial Guardsman or one of Da Boyz. Both of them would be rather fun until you died horrifically.

Deadlock Radium

Mar 29, 2009
The British SAS seems so awesome, so I'll go for that one.
And they talk proper English, not that silly American English.

CrazyGeneral

May 18, 2010
I would have to say it would be cool to be a grunt in delta force or some other super elite division of any army in the world, imagine being that skilled because during the black hawk down incident the people wit the delta force operatives said they would walk though the room and everyone would just have a hole in between there eyes, yes they are that good.

spinFX

Aug 18, 2008
Stormtrooper, because as long as the story doesn't call for them losing, they win hard. Anytime a republic hero isn't at stake, dem troopers be winnin' straight up!

Ghostkai

Jun 14, 2008
Monkfish Acc. said:
Probably the British army. SAS, specifically.
Considerin' I actually planned on joining for a few years.
You don't join, you get selected.
Though, I agree with you, SAS is the place to be.

Kurokami

Feb 23, 2009
Dark Knifer said:
What army would it be, fictional or otherwise?

I'd go with the space marines from warhmammer 40K, since even there basic trooper is tough as nails.
Any troop in my Mount and Blade army, preferably an archer. Why? Cause I take damn good care of my people, =]

Koeryn

Mar 2, 2009
Can I just have the armor and weapons of the Marines in Halo? Please? ...And a Warthog? Just go back in time to the filming of Landfall or the ODST trailer, and wander off the set with a full suit of gear. Oh yeah.

Real: Army or Marines (U.S.) or the I.D.F. (Israel, they get the Tavor)
Fictional: If I'm in Iron Man's 'army', does that make me War Machine? =D