If you were a grunt in any army...

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
Legion of the Dead

If my home was under constant invasion threat with the enemy literally right outside the gates, I'd gladly spend the rest of my life holding them off.

ultracheeser

Jul 2, 2009
Marine Mike said:
A grunt in any military? Well, I'd have to say the US Marine Corps, Hoorah!

As for fictional I'd have to say the Mobile Infantry from Starship Troopers, the book not the movie. Gotta love power armor and tactical nukes.
Ooorah. Not hoorah, ooorah.

Joshroom

Oct 27, 2009
The British SAS because hopefully my commanding officer would have facial hair as amazing as Captain Price's. Also I could have a wondefully macho nickname (I've always wondered about the nickname Soap though; is it meant to be alluding to time he's spent in the showers with the other men? Maybe his full nickname is "Oh No I Dropped The Soap")

DazBurger

May 22, 2009
Joshroom said:
The British SAS because hopefully my commanding officer would have facial hair as amazing as Captain Price's. Also I could have a wondefully macho nickname (I've always wondered about the nickname Soap though; is it meant to be alluding to time he's spent in the showers with the other men? Maybe his full nickname is "Oh No I Dropped The Soap")
Maybe the men dropped for him?

weecath77

Dec 22, 2009
French Foreign Legion,they are tough cookies.
Fictional would be Tanith First and Only (Warhammer 40k)

era81

Jun 11, 2009
No other route then the one I took because Rangers lead the way but it would be nice to do it again with none of my brothers dying.

Marine Mike

Mar 3, 2010
ultracheeser said:
Marine Mike said:
A grunt in any military? Well, I'd have to say the US Marine Corps, Hoorah!

As for fictional I'd have to say the Mobile Infantry from Starship Troopers, the book not the movie. Gotta love power armor and tactical nukes.
Ooorah. Not hoorah, ooorah.
Its spelled "Hoorah", but usually pronounced with a silent "H"... Its like a whole different language in the Marines, filled with inksticks and moonbeams.

Withall

Jan 9, 2010
I'd pick the allied army during the 1910's, with a minor adjustment: I'd get to keep my past knowledge, and some of the know-how to be a proper soldier. Historic knowledge during the time it happened? :D

Eliam_Dar

Nov 25, 2009
I would like to be a Templar Knight, but since we are reduced to grunts... a Templar Sergeant would work to

reg42

Mar 18, 2009
It would be an army on a screen, 'cause there's no way in fuck I'd join any army. You're talking to a pacifist here.

Monkfish Acc.

May 7, 2008
Wadders said:
The SAS are "grunts"? Fair enough. I was under the impression they were one of the best trained, most experienced Special Forces regiments in the world, but maybe that's just me? :p
Ghostkai said:
You don't join, you get selected.
Though, I agree with you, SAS is the place to be.
Blah. I was drunk. Gimme a break.
Probably said a bunch of other stupid shit, too.

not_the_dm

Aug 5, 2009
40K Imperial Guard Artillary regiment. There's nothing like throwing high-explosive death at the enemy without the inconvenience of them being able to shoot back.