If You Were Admin of the Entire Internet ...

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
I find it hilariously ironic that people have been banned/suspended for posting inappropriate things on this thread, by the admins of this site.

Arkley

Mar 12, 2009
I wouldn't implement any rules except one:

If you are a fan of something that gains you the ire of your peers, if you are a fan of something that you feel compelled to defend, if you are a fan of something that the media, critics or comedy sites largely mock, if you are a fan of something that makes you feel like you are being victimized for your choice of revered franchise:

You are not permitted to mock others who are fans of similarly derided franchises.

Seriously, it's getting absurd. I see bronies making fun of Twilight or Call of Duty. I mean, yeah, I get it. Twilight is terribly written nonsense about stock character types and the vampires and werewolves are neutered, over-sensitive girlymen. Call of Duty is a dreadfully standard, uncreative shooter that hasn't changed or improved in years.

But guys.

You watch a show about fucking cartoon ponies who love rainbows and friendship, and that's fucking weird. No, put down your pitchforks and torches and refrain from calling the waaahhhmbulance. I'm not insulting you here - I don't care what TV show you watch. I don't think it has any impact on you, nor does it speak for you in any way. I'm not saying you should be shunned, I don't think you need to "grow up", I don't think you're "gay" or "losers" or anything like that, because it's just a TV show and you can watch what you want. But it is seriously fucking weird that you like that show, and it's no less weird, or stupid, or crazy, than the current girlyman-vampire fad. Nor is it any less weird or more justifiable than the hordes of people that will queue at midnight to buy Call of Duty 12.

So people who have such weird interests/obsession will, if caught mocking the unusual interests/obsessions of another fan, be banned from all internet material related to the subject of their obsession.

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
Arkley said:
I wouldn't implement any rules except one:

If you are a fan of something that gains you the ire of your peers, if you are a fan of something that you feel compelled to defend, if you are a fan of something that the media, critics or comedy sites largely mock, if you are a fan of something that makes you feel like you are being victimized for your choice of revered franchise:

You are not permitted to mock others who are fans of similarly derided franchises.

Seriously, it's getting absurd. I see bronies making fun of Twilight or Call of Dutu. I mean, yeah, I get it. Twilight is terribly written nonsense about stock character types and the vampires and werewolves are neutered, over-sensitive girlymen. Call of Duty is a dreadfully standard, uncreative shooter that hasn't changed or improved in years.

But guys.

You watch a show about fucking cartoon ponies who love rainbows and friendship, and that's fucking weird. No, put down your pitchforks and torches and refrain from calling the waaahhhmbulance. I'm not insulting you here - I don't care what TV show you watch. I don't think it has any impact on you, nor does it speak for you in any way. I'm not saying you should be shunned, I don't think you need to "grow up", I don't think you're "gay" or "losers" or anything like that, because it's just a TV show and you can watch what you want. But it is seriously fucking weird that you like that show, and it's no less weird, or stupid, or crazy, than the current girlyman-vampire fad. Nor is it any less weird or more justifiable than the hordes of people that will queue at midnight to buy Call of Duty 12.

So people who have such weird interests/obsession will, if caught mocking the unusual interests/obsessions of another fan, be banned from all internet material related to the subject of their obsession.
You, sir/madam, are the fucking man/woman.

It's about time somebody said it.

Bhaalspawn said:
this guy [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/profiles/view/Bhaalspawn] would not be permitted on the Internet ever again!
I... think you did that wrong. But considering you want to give admin powers to Yahtzee and Moviebob, I agree with it as is.

OrenjiJusu

Mar 24, 2009
I would probably break into a banks online service, gift everyone every game on steam and then demote myself to a normal user again. I wouldn't trust most people with that kind of power and i definately wouldnt trust myself. Plus it's probably make you a maaaasive target.

Paragon Fury

The Loud Shadow
Jan 23, 2009
I administer the internet?

This either a bright day or the darkest day, depending on who you are.

Most of the world wouldn't notice any change. However, in order to fulfill my "Evil Overlord Bastard" quota now that I'm essentially god of the electronic world, you say goodbye to My Little Pony. To help you imagine MLP's fate, I'll quote an MTG card:

"No half measures, no regrets. We'll tell no tales of this day. It will be as if never existed at all."

(+1 cookie to the first person to correctly name the card)

Hussmann54

Dec 14, 2009
Sassafrass said:
Hussmann54 said:
lol, dont like it? there is the door....
I'm guessing he has been using the door, hence why he's only got 100 or so posts in about 9 months. ;)
lol, i never saw that haha. well u know what they say, when u keep coming back, you dont really wanna quit ;)

Jewrean

Jun 27, 2010
I would set up the Internet so that typing Google into Google would actually break it... except my personal internet. That wouldn't break.

TheNaut131

Jul 6, 2011
You know, after reading most of the comments here, I sincerely hope that no one man ever has that much power.

Now, as for what I'd do with it...what would I really do with it? I could reveal scandals, secrets, criminals, and other bad things? I'd pretty much become the super cyber police. Not bad, I suppose.

I could get rid of the truly irritating, rude, and stupid people but whats the point? It's not like it'll do anything for the real world because they're not actually doing anything wrong. It won't make them a better person, just get them off the internet to do whatever crap they do in the real world. I could just do what I've been doing and ignore these things, not like they actually matter, especially websites I can just not go to. Then again, I could probably just send messages to everyone telling them to chill out or get their act together. Maybe give them a minor example of my power and then explain to them why they should just take it easy.

Stop trying to piss people off all the time, stop falling into trends you don't truly care about, stop pushing your own petty opinions onto others, use basic grammar and words, etc. Just sit back and enjoy this series of tube with some form of decency. Sure, some of them probably wouldn't listen, and I might have to extend my power a bit more, but I'm more than sure enough people would do it out of realization, if not fear.

instantbenz

Pixel Pusher
Mar 25, 2009
any site about religion, even my own. down
any forum site needs license verification of age to allow any posting (no one under 15 for some sites and no one under 18 for most sites)
anyone running for office doesn't get a site

Blow_Pop

Supreme Evil Overlord
Jan 21, 2009
I would put up a basic spelling and grammar check for everyone. If you can not use basic spelling and grammar then you should have to learn it and THEN take a test to make sure before you are allowed on-line. That would be the start. Oh and leniency granted to those who's primary language is not english.

danirax

Jan 11, 2011
probably just ignore it and browse as I usually do...until some one will piss me off.
or start testing what can I do, start punishing "bad guys/umjust", name myself KIRA, and have a mental fight whit a super hacker named L.

captaincabbage

Apr 8, 2010
Probably nuke 4chan, any CP site I could find, Origin, Ubisoft's fucking retarded UPlay thing and many more.

Y'know, start with penultimate evil and work my way down.

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
What I'd like to say I'd do: Encourage friendly chatter and humorous banter for the civilized and willing, while clearing out those that would seek to disrupt a peaceful and friendly environment.

What I'd probably do: Have anyone that disagrees with me tracked down and set fire to.

EDIT: Also, making aggressive arguments during which time you demonstrate you are talking out of your arse will be punishable by flogging. Correction of grammar and spelling will be allowed under license. In order to obtain one you must accept that occasional typo is perfectly acceptable, and complete a training course in correcting someone without sounding like a prick. License infractions are also punishable with flogging. In addition, people guilty of license infractions and found to be mistaking synonyms for mistakes in any scenario other than direct quoting or where it is deemed contextually important will be publicly executed.

rhodos

Jun 7, 2010
I'd put all the annoying people together on a different internet.

And I'd create some kind of non-draconian IP protection that gives money from... somewhere (ISPs?), to the creators of content (as opposed to labels and their ilk).

Custard_Angel

Aug 6, 2009
My Little Pony is an instant bannable offence outside of designated MLP forums. No avatars, no discussion, no image macros, nothing. Keep your (stupid) hobby to yourself.

Jokeless memes are bannable offences. Things like "arrow to the knee" receive an instant ban on posting privileges. I'd pretty much delete Reddit.

Other things I can't be bothered articulating.

Jun 5, 2010
Erebody ragin' in this thread. Now i'm glad no one is the admin of the internet. internet would be ruined forever.

OT: I would stop SOPA and then keep everything the way it is and destroy my title as admin of the internet forever.

marurder

Jul 26, 2009
I would not do a single thing (directly) - doing anything makes you a target. But I would start a few nonsensical meme's and through that create an internet cult worshiping the great internet who has become sentient (but is only just me)

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
Deviantart and FurAffinity will be purged from the web. Anyone who defends them will be purged as well. That is all. Why? Because abuse of power is fun.