If you were going into battle, what weapons would you take? (REAL OR FICTIONAL)

SenorNemo

Mar 14, 2011
Well, I'm not an expert at firearms, swords, or driving heavy armor, but I'm not a bad pilot, so let's see...

Real
A-10C Warthog.
Loadout:
Station 1/11 (outer): 2x AIM-9X Sidewinders (short range air-to-air missile)
Station 2: 1x ALQ-184 (ECM pod)
Station 10: 1x LITENING targeting pod
Station 3/9: 6x AGM-65K Maverick (optically guided anti tank missile)
Station 4/8: 6x Paveway IV (laser guided bomb)
Station 5/7: 2x AGM-88E HARM (long range anti radar missile)
Station 6 (centerline): External fuel tank.
Internal: GAU-8A with 1174 DU rounds.

Paint scheme: Dark grey, with indigo bird bone structure painted on the underside.

I laugh at your puny armor.

Fictional
VF-25 Messiah with MF-25 armor pack.

SeriousIssues

Jan 6, 2010
Ray Gun pack-a-punched, Zeus Cannon, some Cymbal Monkeys, and a few stickies. Maybe a lightsaber.

Speaking real?
A double barrel shotgun, a 9mm handgun, a couple hand grenades, and a machete.
Pretty lightweight and simple.

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
SckizoBoy said:
Ha, come on, at least you're not a Spehss Muhreen drone like a lot of other poor indoctrinated soulless... souls out there! I know more than I should about Harlequin Troupes... we are the last bastion against Slaanesh! Guard the Black Library to the last... actually, screw that, we're leaving!

Anyway, is that your normal load out for a Tau commander? Actually, that's one thing that's always bothered me about the Tau... the distinct lack of Inv saves.

viking97 said:
warhammer is a fucked up game. i might have to start playing it now <.<
Yes, your soul belongs to Cegorach now! Mwahahahahaha!!
no, not my normal load out, what i would strap onto a normal crisis suit if i alone face a zombie apocalypse. My commander usually gets a plasma rifle and whatever i think he might come in handy, usually smart missiles. then again, i haven't played in a while. But you are right, the tau lack inv saves, but as long as i can outshoot any army i am fine.

Berenzen

Jul 9, 2011
Real:

64 Megajoule Railgun or
Advanced Tactical Laser

Fictional:
Normandy SR-2 fully upgraded

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
teebeeohh said:
no, not my normal load out, what i would strap onto a normal crisis suit if i alone face a zombie apocalypse. My commander usually gets a plasma rifle and whatever i think he might come in handy, usually smart missiles. then again, i haven't played in a while. But you are right, the tau lack inv saves, but as long as i can outshoot any army i am fine.
Yeah, they're pretty much cool with their marker lights and rail rifles. 'Trololololol, y'can't shoot me, ya pinned! Y'can't charge me, ya pinned!' is basically how one of my friends spent a lot of his battles, cackling away.

SplicedUp068

Jan 12, 2009
The Crysis 2 nanosuit and the Painkiller from Painkiller. Why, you may ask? Well, how else am I supposed to liquify zombies *and* sneakily snap the necks of criminals. (Well, there are other combos but at least with the painkiller I can also shoot lightning)

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
I'd much rather have a few friends (moderately armed) that I can trust my life with, rather than the best single weapon in the world.

The best weapon in the world can't watch your back, can't guard you from getting your throat slit at night, can't carry you when you are wounded.

That's the thing about having an all powerful weapon, it can be at odds with having really good friends.

Real answer: AK101 with reflector (red-dot) sight.

Basically an Ak47 but in the same calibre as the M16.

The Apothecarry

Mar 6, 2011
I'd be packing a chainsword, a Beretta M92 handgun, and an M249 SAW. If I could fit a claymore on my back or make an M134 Minigun portable, I'd take those too.

BlueMage

Jan 22, 2008
Toaster Hunter said:
Bolter and chainsword.
This. Alternatively, heavy bolter. I'd also want me some power armour.

Actually .. slow moving targets ... bugger that, Tactical Dreadnought armour and either lightning claws or assault cannon.

Vuliev

Jul 19, 2011
Meh, I'll be bland and just say my Vanguard's kit from ME2. Sniper rifle, submachinegun, shotgun, heavy pistol, gun that shoots black holes, exremely powerful power armor that can regenerate me, and the ability to send waves of destructive/concussive energy through the zombie/criminal hordes. Everything I need.

Dalek Caan

Pro-Dalek, Anti-You
Feb 12, 2011
A Energy Sword.

My enemies shall fall before my blade. On the Blood of my Father..On the Blood of my Sons.

Elites are so god damn awesome.

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
SckizoBoy said:
teebeeohh said:
Yeah, they're pretty much cool with their marker lights and rail rifles. 'Trololololol, y'can't shoot me, ya pinned! Y'can't charge me, ya pinned!' is basically how one of my friends spent a lot of his battles, cackling away.
i think i just figured out why i like playing tau: the amount of schadenfreude. evil laughter just works better as the soundtrack for not being untouchable by melee troops than for CHAAAAAAAAAAAARGE!!!

Odinsson

Jun 11, 2011
Space Marine Power Armor (with myself being sufficiently marinified to use it), a bolt pistol and a chainsword

Kenko

Jul 25, 2010
Ordinaryundone said:
Las-Rifle from WH40k. Strong enough to dismember a man at medium range, lightweight, very duarable. Ammunition is light (literally, ha!) and can be recharged very easily. Accurate (though not as accurate as you'd expect a laser to be...), and can be toggled between semi-auto and fully automatic. Just a good all around gun. Shame it sucks so hard in the setting.
That's what I was gonna say. Lasgun along with a few hotshot packs along with a few regular ones and a powersword.

Or if im allowed to get big shit, i'd go for a Baneblade. ^^

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
BlueMage said:
This. Alternatively, heavy bolter. I'd also want me some power armour.

Actually .. slow moving targets ... bugger that, Tactical Dreadnought armour and either lightning claws or assault cannon.
I see much love for 40K weaponry around here. Though I prefer the Artificer Armour/Storm Shield & Relic Blade load out. Yay, S 6 at Initiative, rock on!

teebeeohh said:
i think i just figured out why i like playing tau: the amount of schadenfreude. evil laughter just works better as the soundtrack for not being untouchable by melee troops than for CHAAAAAAAAAAAARGE!!!
LOL, nothing beats your opponent being unable to charge before promptly rubbing your hands going 'my turn' and spending a phase of shooting ploughing through them. Hammerhead = portable 72" ***** weapon. If the XV88's had that (the blast profile, that is), it would be just plain unfair! =P

GloatingSwine

Nov 10, 2007
A Culture knife missile.

Does all the work for you, can probably take down anything that either the modern world or near future can throw at it, and is intelligent enough to do so even if you're asleep.