Ignorance on Facebook (censored for the well-being of this thread)

Mavinchious Maximus

Apr 13, 2011
thaluikhain said:
This again? I like the one about how it's revenge for the Krauts nuking Pearl Harbour.

EDIT: Oh, right, Women's Soccer. That's somehow even worse. "Stay Classy America" indeed.
Some people need to go back to school, everyone knows the Germans shot v2 rockets into Washington dc. Then a battleship called pear harbor shot them down.

Ian Caronia

Jan 5, 2010
The WW2 bullshit is to be expected. Maybe it's just because I'm a tired American, but I've just learned to accept that mass society is dumb, and when the bigger the crowd the dumber the crowd. It's pathetic, but whatever. It's life...sadly.

But when they start talking about the tsunami and how it should've "finished them off" or how the Japanese- oh, sorry, the "gooks" (because all Asians are Japanese, even the Vietnamese. Fuck, if you ever squinted in your life you're a gook too! *throws up from sarcasm*) should "go back to their irradiated tsunami destroyed heap", that's far over the "it's life" patience line.
_God so help me, I would knock the fucking teeth in of any man or woman who decided to get on a soap box and shout that kind of putrid ignorance. You heard me. Women too. Any race, of any age: Every single individual who says this kind of shit under ANY circumstance (and this is just a sports game, too) deserves to have some free dental surgery. But of course they know this and so they stick to going on their little social networks and typing up their grotesque ignorance on the net like the fragile little shut-ins they are.

The same goes to any dumb shit who says "This is why I hate Americans". Grow the fuck up. The only time you can say that is when an entire nation states these ideas (taken from a couple of statistics I'd gather, since I doubt you'd ever get a whole nation to shout out what it thinks at once). Not even representatives acting like dipshits give you the right to say a whole nation is nothing but ignorance incarnate. Don't generalize when it comes to stupid unless you're talking facts, like: The bigger the crowd, the dumber the crowd.
_And boy does this particular crowd need to be dropped off in a country run by a dictator...

Leviathan_

Jan 2, 2009
harmonic said:
Leviathan_ said:
You seem kind of upset. If you would have taken the time to read the OP, you would have seen that I feel sorry for the non-stupid Americans that will be put in the same basket as the dum-dums because of this. As the title and the OP also suggest, it's more of a rant about people not thinking before they post silly stuff. Something you just did yourself, it seems.

Also, I did not make the picture in the OP, I saved it from a certain well-known imageboard and simply reposted it here.
Don't flatter yourself, kiddo. Not "upset." Using strong words is possible without emotional instability.

In response to your snotty comment about posting without thinking, I don't care what your intentions were in the OP. All I care about is what you said and the effect it has. You still said, in gigantic font, "stay classy, America." It essentially amounts to the same psychological mechanic as the headlines in news articles. All that matters is the effect. This is a cumulative effect that defines an entire culture for the youths of your continent, and because of the general consensus, most of you think my country is an inbred backwoods wasteland. It's just another tiny battle in the culture war.
I must stress again that I did not create the image in the OP. I simply saved it from a imageboard and reposted it on here.

And again, I created this thread not to insult our American friends, but to show people why you must think before posting silly stuff on Facebook. Not everyone is out to get you man, I promise.

Watchmacallit

Jan 7, 2010
All the people that posted should really be shot to stop the spread of idiocy :/

The people that claimed US 2, Japs 1 should be shot twice considering Japan destroying Pearl Harbor should be a victory.

Japs are ugly? Have you seen some of the Japanese girls...Damn.

Frankster

Space Ace
Mar 13, 2009
Honestly this is the reason why I usually hope USA doesn't win major competitions.

They(woohoo for generalizations) are insufferable barstards with a superiority complex when they win anything, and are just as much of twats when they lose, in both cases usually deforming history greatly to fit in to their silly world views. Or so is the general impression I got of a significant portion of their inhabitants who populate youtube+facebook,etc...

As much as it's horrible now, just be glad they lost, otherwise would be waves of "we won again you gook barstards", "ha you we nuked you TWICE, in rl and in football" and much more loveliness.

That's Funny

Jul 20, 2009
Sadly this doesn't just stay in America. We Brits also use racial prejudice and bitterness, whenever we play against France, Germany or just about any country other than our own for Football.

Catie Caraco

Jun 27, 2011
DJDarque said:
This isn't just facebook. It's the people. Sometimes I hate it here. The sad part is that soccer isn't even that damn big here.

EDIT: I just reread it. The racism and stupidity has put me in rage mode.
I agree with you completely, and the worst part of it all is that to foreign countries they are speaking for all of us. This is why people hate Americans, right here. How anyone can take pride in "winning" World War 2 via dropping the atomic bomb is pathetic, and all those racial slurs make my stomach roll. Those people represent the worst of our country. However, I will not wish anything bad on them, I'll not sink to their level. Maybe someday they'll realize what despicable, nasty people they are, but I doubt it.

Off-topic, your pony icon is adorable, and wtf captcha? for the birds. Really? I've never gotten something so concise as that before.

intheweeds

Apr 6, 2011
And everyone starts spamming Tommy Voter's facebook with rage messages in 3... 2... 1...

Seriously, we should start a campaign...

Flig

Nov 24, 2009
I like how the overeactions in this thread are almost as bad as the Facebook posts themselves.

Fwee

Sep 23, 2009
America isn't even supposed to care about soccer, but as long as we get to brag that we're the only country in the world to have used nuclear arms against others we're happy I guess.
Funny how recent US leaders don't want anyone else to have nukes, eh?

TheTurtleMan

Mar 2, 2010
It may be stupid but at least no one's taking to the streets to pillage like mongrols like after some sporting events. It's not like anyone's commiting a hate crime either, no one's getting hurt because of this. People get angry and post stuff on the internet, it may be shitty but happens all the time and it's not like everyone stays polite about America on the internet.

intheweeds

Apr 6, 2011
Flig said:
I like how the overeactions in this thread are almost as bad as the Facebook posts themselves.
Wait, what? You can't be serious?

People getting angry over racism is as bad as 'fuck all you slanty eyed ,nailsalon, rub and tug massues(sic), ninja, rice eating, tsunami loving gookie smelling cat cooking ugly fucks'?

Really?

Catie Caraco

Jun 27, 2011
Frankster said:
Honestly this is the reason why I usually hope USA doesn't win major competitions.

They(woohoo for generalizations) are insufferable barstards with a superiority complex when they win anything, and are just as much of twats when they lose, in both cases usually deforming history greatly to fit in to their silly world views. Or so is the general impression I got of a significant portion of their inhabitants who populate youtube+facebook,etc...

As much as it's horrible now, just be glad they lost, otherwise would be waves of "we won again you gook barstards", "ha you we nuked you TWICE, in rl and in football" and much more loveliness.
Hey, don't hate on all of us. We're not all like that. However, the quiet majority who don't make public spectacles of themselves are not generally the ones you hear from. This might get me in trouble with other Americans on the forum, but at times like these I have no pride in being American, and considering the last presidency, it's hard for me to remember a time when I did that wasn't youthful exuberance.

The fact that I'd like to point out to those racist meatheads is that World War 2 was honestly the last time we did anything that could be considered a win. We lost Korea, we lost Vietnam, we never won Afghanistan because we got wrapped up in Iraq, which wasn't a win either, despite victory being declared. Ok, we finally got Osama, so maybe that's a win, but it doesn't have the same feel of saving the world from evil as winning WW2 did. Between Japans barbarism in China and Hitler's Final Solution, it really felt like we were doing something great. Osama was evil, and the things he did were terrible, but somehow they aren't on the same level of the shock and awe scale as the Death Camps and Death Marches.

Actually, World War 2 is pretty much America's ONLY win. What did we do before that? Slavery and the Trail of Tears, the Japanese Internment Camps (I know that was during WW2). Can we really count the War of 1812 as a great moral victory? Even the Civil War was shady enough, and all of the hate and civil injustice that followed is hardly a win. Perhaps we can take pride in the Civil Rights movement and the Women's Rights movement, but looking at all those posts full of racial intolerance and slurs makes me wonder how successful we really were at either.

... Getting back on topic after a rather rambling philosophical tangent, I would ask Frankster and other non-Americans not to paint us all with the same brush as those in that image. We're not all like that. Some of us can lose gracefully and celebrate the victories of others. Some of us find shame in the dark parts of our past and chose not to celebrate them but remember them as they should be remembered, failures on a human and moral level. Some of us aspire to be more that loudmouthed arrogant fools screaming hate speech in the vacuum of Facebook. We do exist, and we're ashamed of our countrymen, and just as put off by them as you are.

Peace.