Ignorance on Facebook (censored for the well-being of this thread)

Dastardly

Imaginary Friend
Apr 19, 2010
"Herp, derp -- someone went and collected a bunch of ridiculously culturocentric comments from a handful of Americans. Let's use this to make cultural stereotypes about Americans, and pretend they're the only ones that have ever done any of the things that we complain about them doing."

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
Nieroshai said:
At least we aren't rioting, which involves real destruction of property and occasional serious bodily harm. I mean yes, invoking the death of millions of Japanese is a dick move no matter how you look at it, but the pot would be calling the kettle black to say this is as bad or worse than the rioting that happens every world cup. Other countries break stuff, costing millions in repairs, Americans throw out insults. Who's doing the worse deed?
That's a pretty good point. This is the second time I've been snapped out of my "American sports fans suck" trance. Of course, I usually don't discriminate between nationalities in my dislike of the sports fandom.

Feb 13, 2008
Uber Evil said:
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Stasisesque said:
You think that's bad? We lost to France.
I really shouldn't be laughing at that.

I'm all in favour of electrocuting anyone who signs up for Bookface anyway.
*sadface* Even me? Facebook isn't all bad.
I didn't say it had to be fatal. Just until people learn that people want to steal your life away for the price of convenience. Once they discover that, then the voltage will be reduced.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
just... ow. my head. i mean at least were not killing people over the loss(italy, columbia) but this isnt much better. in fact theyre both just as bad

The Cor

Jun 21, 2011
I just love it when people show how awfully stupid they are, especially on places where everybody can read it.
I know it would be of no use to bash on Americans because some of them are just idiots who post such things on facebook (with that I mean to say that not 100% of the USA population consists of retards) but getting furious at people who go "lol Amerifats" is of no use either. To be honest, reactions like "lol amerifats" is something the USA calls upon itself.

juraigamer

Sep 3, 2008
Yea I'd like to say I'm American as well and believe me, the minority is the loudest is something everyone should remember.

Zyst

Jan 15, 2010
I am raging so bad at these people. I know they don't represent what americans think, but when you see some of them getting 50 likes (And them having around 700 friends means almost 1/10th of their friend base agrees with what they are saying) it just makes me pissed.

What the hell is their problem?

Coller

Oct 4, 2010
Having to bring up what basically was mass slaughter that was the nuking of Japan just to soothe theyre ego, way to go. I'd hope they don't have children, on which to spread theyre ignorance and stupidity onto, but alas, that is not going to happen.

Quick, someone, make a Godwin's law but for Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Frankster

Space Ace
Mar 13, 2009
Catie Caraco said:
Emotional overreaction passed, yar you ain't all like that, thank the omnissiah.

So long as there's enough of you to realize how twattish/low it is to say things like this, there's hope for ya all yet ;)

Apologies for my own generalizations.

mushy262626

Feb 27, 2011
aegix drakan said:
So in other words, people are insensitive brainless morons. What else is new?

But really, what the hell is it with facebooking americans and their irrational hate of the Japanese? And Why are they wearing the war crime that is nuking Japan as a badge of pride? Tons of civilians were subjected to white hot death by nuclear explosion, and they think that's something to be proud of? Sheez, guys. Yikes.

And all this over SOCCER?! WE CANADIANS DON'T EVEN FLIP OUT LIKE THAT OVER HOCKEY!! AND WE FREAKIN LOVE HOCKEY!!
i hate to say it man, but we fliped pretty god damn bad after Vancouver, not saying the should have fucking lost it tho (our goalie was a piece of dog shit) but yeah, not a proud day in vacouver.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
WHAT AM I READ

Note: Facebook is not the only place this happens... if anything, there's LESS of it on Facebook, as there's no anonymity.

Bigsmith

Mar 16, 2009
Ok, well you could always leave facebook....

(just send me ur email and I'll get you on)

On a more serious note I wish I could bloody read it...

Grayjack

Jan 22, 2009
Funny thing is, 90% probably don't even care about soccer/football. They're still being assholes, though.

Dr Snakeman

Apr 2, 2010
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Stasisesque said:
You think that's bad? We lost to France.
I really shouldn't be laughing at that.

I'm all in favour of electrocuting anyone who signs up for Bookface anyway.
Really? You'd like to see me, or any other human being, electrocuted based solely on the fact that I (or they) have a Facebook account? You just assume that everyone on an entire website is a bad person who deserves to die?

Can you not see the irony here?

You could say that you're just kidding, but who's to say that some of the people in that picture weren't making a completely ridiculous, "I can't believe you went there" jokes, as well? Not to say that there weren't a few racists in there (like the people who "couldn't believe we lost to gooks"), but I think that a little bit of context is required for some of these.

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
"S-so you won the world cup of female soccer? Y-yeah I don't care, b-because I mean we...uh...we, we...uh...WE BLEW UP TWO CITIES OF YOUR COUNTRY 66 YEARS AGO IN A WAR THAT IS NOT IN ANY WAY RELATED TO SOCCER! SUCK IT JAPAN!"