I'll name that beep in one.

A-D.

Jan 23, 2008
The Best Sound?

UT2K4 when the Redeemer hits its Target/Destination, nothing gives a greater sense of accomplishment than hearing that Explosion to know you just terminated 4-6 players and two of them will probably kill you next time because they belonged to your team. :D

Nugoo

Jan 25, 2008
*ahem*...
"Hey, listen!"

I'd say the quality of that sound bite is low enough to count as a sound effect. Other than that, the damage alarms in Star Fox 64. There's a lower pitched one for taking, I think, half damage, and another, higher pitched one for three-quarters. Whenever I played, the second would immediately follow the first, especially on that bloody sun level.

babyblues

Apr 22, 2008
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Allegedly, Ewan Mcgregor was told to shush by George Lucas because he kept making those noises when fighting in the alleged prequel.
Who WOULDN'T? I know I would!

DukeNero

Apr 15, 2008
Jumplion said:
The sound of your sniper bullet smashing through an enemy head, specificaly in CoD4. Damn, i love that sound!

Ah yes, and someone yelling "Planting claymore!" or "Grenada!!" or even "Oy suzie!"
I agree wholeheartedly with the above, and i would like to add the horrifying noise a Grenade makes on Hardcore, because you don't get the grenade indicator there, telling you where it is.

"pling-pling-pling......."

BioBeast

Dec 30, 2007
Headshots in any game.

The chainsaw revving up in Gears of War right before you use it on an enemy.

The voice of Big Daddies.

Finally, the click of reloading shotguns is great, even in real life.