Illuminating the Chaos of Westeros - Interview With Robert McLachlan

William Izlar

Sep 7, 2017
Illuminating the Chaos of Westeros - Interview With Robert McLachlan

Always give homage to the man behind the curtain.

Read Full Article

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
I love these kind of things. As a film minor (...stop laughing!!!), things like cinematography, sound/music design, structure, etc are just interesting to me.

It's always cool to get a glimpse of their thinking, especially when they had those subtle little touches like the candles that a regular viewer probably won't consciously notice but your brain tends to.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
Gethsemani said:
Marik2 said:
There's a new content provider?
Exactly my reaction, especially when it is a content provider that actually provides something interesting and well-written.
I just thought they were making this, Yatzhee : The Site.

4Aces

May 29, 2012
Marik2 said:
Without him there would not be enough advertising revenue to have a site.

As for the article, it was a welcome addition given how mediocre the story/plot was this season. The cinematography stepped up to carry it, along with the usual top-notch work by sound and set. Continuity however wandered off into a field on the second day of shooting, and has not been seen since.

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
4Aces said:
Marik2 said:
Without him there would not be enough advertising revenue to have a site.

As for the article, it was a welcome addition given how mediocre the story/plot was this season. The cinematography stepped up to carry it, along with the usual top-notch work by sound and set. Continuity however wandered off into a field on the second day of shooting, and has not been seen since.
Agreed, also;

"the lone wolf dies but the pack survives"

They really went all out with the pseudo "deep" stuff like that and it irritated me to no end.

StatusNil

Oct 5, 2014
Wow, new content! I initially missed this because I didn't recognize the name of the author and thought it must be from way back, before I joined.

I found it interesting. Not least because it dealt with the creation of aesthetic effects, instead of flogging some tired political angle. That's a sorely neglected perspective, and we need more of it.

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
Its good to hear the behind the scenes guys talk. His breakdown of the red wedding interesting.