Ilomilo is So Cute You'll Vomit a Rainbow

Mrsoupcup

Jan 13, 2009
SnipErlite said:
That's pretty damn cute. Like if LittleBigPlanet and Echochrome had a bastard love child and named it elmo.
So is this like a 360 Little Big Planet? (That what it kinda looks like)

SirCannonFodder

Nov 23, 2007
RanD00M said:
Am I the only one being reminded of Kula World because of that video?
Seriously, it can't just be me.
Icefyer said:
Nope not just you.
Coincidentally, Kula World was made by a Swedish developer as well. Maybe some of the guys from the Kula World developer moved to Southend Interactive?

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Aylaine said:
0p3rati0n said:
Aylaine said:
Good god. Why are all these interesting games coming out for XBL? Makes me want to seriously consider buying a 360...
because buying a console always has it consequences. That is unless you have all three. Then your either a reviewer for games or a no life with money and couldn't decide on ONE!
Is that really how it works? :)
In short, no.

*Has all three current gen consoles*

As much as I'd like to consider myself a reviewer, it is not a job, just something I do just for fun. I actually have all of the consoles so that I could enjoy all of the games that come out for them, and not have to be disappointed every time a game would come out for the console that I didn't have.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Aylaine said:
marter said:
Aylaine said:
0p3rati0n said:
Aylaine said:
Good god. Why are all these interesting games coming out for XBL? Makes me want to seriously consider buying a 360...
because buying a console always has it consequences. That is unless you have all three. Then your either a reviewer for games or a no life with money and couldn't decide on ONE!
Is that really how it works? :)
In short, no.

*Has all three current gen consoles*

As much as I'd like to consider myself a reviewer, it is not a job, just something I do just for fun. I actually have all of the consoles so that I could enjoy all of the games that come out for them, and not have to be disappointed every time a game would come out for the console that I didn't have.
That's what I figured too. Someone who has every console may just want to enjoy games from each individual console, not be a game reviewer or something stereotypically absolute regarding ownership of multiple consoles.
Well, I'd like to be a game reviewer. I did win a ROTM contest on GameFAQs once. :)

But yeah, most people who own all the consoles just want to enjoy the games, not necessarily because the have no life. Some don't, but the same can be said with those who only own one console, or just a PC. A nice balance is something that people need to find.

SnipErlite

Aug 16, 2009
Patrick_and_the_ricks said:
So is this like a 360 Little Big Planet? (That what it kinda looks like)
I don't really know. But probably something along those lines, with some 3-d madness thrown in (that's the Echochrome part).

Jaredin said:
LOL! Thats a great way to think about it!

I agree though, it just reminds me so much of Sockboy, and, if he was just a little more...well, strange lol
The full name being Elmo McSocks

latenightapplepie

Nov 9, 2008
So much cuteness. Thanks for the heads up, Tom. If I don't end up getting this, I will definitely be somehow getting the soundtrack, if it exists...or something.

Hayate_GT

Mar 6, 2010
wow...i think i would actually play that game...and i don't mean as a passing fancy i mean play the hell outa that...looks addictive...

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
ForgottenPr0digy said:
If I can vomit Rainbows does that mean the care bears are out of a job???

Very cute game it looks kinda fun
Hmm... they do shoot rainbows out of their stomachs, and I guess it is kind of like vomiting. I never thought of the Care Bears like that before. Gross.

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
VanityGirl said:
So fucking CUTE! I must have! :)

I'd spend a bajillion microsoft points on that game. It's so damn cute.
I am inclined to agree.

And it actually looks like quite a deal of fun to boot. I really like the art style. :D

Elonas

Apr 16, 2009
Cuteness hits you. It's super effective!
If I had an xbox, or if this gets ported to Steam, I'd have to seriously check it out.

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
I'm not gonna... [font color="red"]ahhh[font color="orange"]gaah[font color="yellow"]aaaaa[font color="green"]haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah[font color="blue"]buuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhh[font color="purple"]hahahahahahah[font color=pink]aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa[/font][/font][/font][/font][/font][/font][/font]*with tears in my eyes and a couple popped blood vessels* nevermind... wait pink isn't in a rainbow...

Andalusa

Mad Cat Lady
Feb 25, 2008
O wow, I'll get round to cleaning up that rainbow vomit in a sec.
So cute.

meatloaf231

Old Man Glenn
Feb 13, 2008
D'awwwwww. I do love me some adorable puzzle games. That flying whale-dog looked distressed, though. Wonder what could have been bothering it so?

ineedscissors

Oct 24, 2009
Tom Goldman said:
Ilomilo is So Cute You'll Vomit a Rainbow
"...and "famous" characters from other games hidden throughout the world. Because ilomilo is being released by Microsoft Game Studios, I'm guessing these characters could include those under the MGS banner..."

Wow I was so close to raging about Metal Gear Solid being referred to as if it belonged solely to Microsoft when I realized that MGS also stands for "Microsoft Game Studios". Jesus I'm slow today. DERP!!!

BiscuitWheels

Jan 10, 2009
Vomiting rainbows? Did enough of that in Critter Crunch, thank you. Now that's a cute little puzzle game. Not as Tim Burton-y as this, though.

Mister Benoit

Sep 19, 2008
Reminds me of an NES Game I had in one of those 190 games in one carts.

Except this one lets you rotate the world

Alar

The Stormbringer
Dec 1, 2009
It makes my brain hurt just thinking about all the possibilities. My mind isn't made for 3-D. Maybe that's why I had such a hard time with Portal my first time through... no, wait, that was more the puzzle elements.

STILL, this looks like it should be fun. A sort of 3-D puzzle platformer? A very interesting idea, at the very least.