I'm about to buy a PS3

Zombie Badger

Dec 4, 2007
I'm about to buy a PS3 and I'm wondering which games I should get. At the moment I plan to buy:

Resistance 1 + 2
Infamous
Prototype

I'm not planning to buy MGS4 or Little Big Planet, so please don't suggest them.

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
Congratulations on deciding to buy a console.
I can't recommend any games for PS3, I've only played a bit of LBP.

Edit: as the above post says, I also recommend CoD 4.
exclusives normally don't seem any better than non-exclusives.
so just get games that are good on both consoles.

Apr 28, 2008
Uncharted and Rathcet and Clank Future should be added to the list.

As should Moterstorm and Killzone 2.

And rent Heaven'y Sword. Its a good game, just short.

can't-think

Aug 31, 2009
Uncharted, Saints row 2, Red Faction Guerrilla, Ratchet and Clank, Demon souls

Some upcoming games: Uncharted II: Among Thieves, God of War III, Heavy Rain, Brutal Legend, Red Dead Redemption, Final Fantasy Versus XIII,Final Fantasy XIV, Mafia II.

Kermi

Elite Member
Nov 7, 2007
Definitely Uncharted. I assume you don't have a 360 as well, so definitely look at some multiplatform titles like Fallout 3 (may as well hold off until the Game of the Year edition is relesed with the DLC included) and Saints Row 2.

Smudge91

Jul 30, 2009
Yay congrats on getting a ps3, the new update is nifty. Errr i'd get little big planet because its cute and folklore is ok but its a bit errr lengthend out a bit too much. Also Motorstorm is pretty cool :)

Fists

Apr 16, 2009
Dirt 2 comes out soon and should be good if your into that, also ratchet and clank, slightly sub par compared to previous ones but agian, if your into it. If you havnt got a good computer Oblivion, fallout3 and half life are good games aswell. Killzone 2 has a brilliant multiplayer experience with a decent(ish) single player

Razor_01

Jul 10, 2009
You should definitely play through:

Uncharted - (Uncharted 2 is comeing out and you don't want to miss the bus)
Dead Space
Bioshock - (Bioshock 2 is comeing out and you don't want to miss the bus)

sms_117b

Keeper of Brannigan's Law
Oct 4, 2007
Savage moon off the PSN is good

Everything else has already been said...

O277

Feb 25, 2009
Congrats with the purchase, loads of games to buy really, your choices look great to me! Add me on PSN O_277 tha goes for all your Escapist PS3'ers :D

Torque669

Apr 21, 2009
Zombie Badger said:
I'm about to buy a PS3 and I'm wondering which games I should get. At the moment I plan to buy:

Resistance 1 + 2
Infamous
Prototype

I'm not planning to buy MGS4 or Little Big Planet, so please don't suggest them.
Uncharted most definatly. Killzone maybe if you like Multiplayer. Valkyria Chronicles is a fantastic buy too.

Oblivion: Game of the Year Edition is pretty good too.