I'm going to miss you people when the Escapist shuts down.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
I just want you to know that.

It's been fun talking and reading what you have to say all these years. It'll feel like a hole in my life when you aren't around anymore.

Sometimes I'll be thinking, and I'll remember the people who left years ago or got banned and I'll feel a little sad. I wonder what they're doing now, or what they'd have to say if they were still here. Where did [user]Sir John The Net Knight[/user] go after he requested his ban I wonder? I think he left the site because it was too liberal back then. Anybody else remember [user]The_root_of_all_evil[/user]? He used to have an avatar of a stickman eating cereal and I think he was in his 50s or 60s. [user]MelasZepheos[/user] always wrote really good posts I thought, as well as [user]BonsaiK[/user] and [user]Eclectic Dreck[/user]. [user]j-e-f-f-e-r-s[/user] wrote good posts too and was really passionate about Nintendo. [user]Julianking93[/user] was a bit of a perv, but in a lovable way. [user]Jumplion[/user] had that avatar endlessly falling down stairs, [user]Believer258[/user] had one of Ed giving a thumbs up and [user]Dastardly[/user] made good posts on articles. I've only just begun and hardly even spoke about anyone and already this is getting long. There were just so many people who's posts I enjoyed reading here over the years who don't come anymore. I wish I had the time to name them all, but I really don't and should already go to bed.

I'd like to go through the people who are still active here individually and tell you why you're awesome, but I'd feel really bad if someone came to this thread, didn't find themselves mentioned and felt left out. So I know it doesn't mean as much this way, but just know that I think each of you are special in your own little ways, even if most of you hate each other. I'll remember you for a long time.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009

But you also made me remember a whole bunch of colorful characters that aren't around anymore, which also makes me kind of sad.

Kyrian007

Nemo saltat sobrius
Legacy
Mar 9, 2010
Kansas
Country
U.S.A.
Yeah, I'll miss this place and you folks. I just want it to last another year or so somehow. I don't want another loss in 2018. We already lost Cracked.com's youtube content and LRR's Feed Dump. That's about half of the youtube content I watched. Losing the Escapist at the same time would really bite.

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
Even though the in-fighting and grudge holding I've seen a lot of lately is making me feel rather jaded towards the site, I do admit I'll miss a lot of you guys when things go under. I still check the site multiple times a day. I don't even know why I do it, there's hardly anything here, and quotes are borked so people don't bother with it much anymore (I still fix my settings weekly, hoping I see a quote waiting for me). Guess it's mostly just habit at this point. But when there's a good thread, I like to stop by to see you guys. Helps me remember how things were.

Thanks for a good thread, man

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
I've done a lot less posting and a lot more lurking in the last few years, but all of you guys had some cool things to say, even if I don't necessarily agree with all of them (at least, regarding gaming.)

Don't know how much longer we have, but I definitely hope you all land on your feet. As for me... I've tried looking for new forums before.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
I have been following this site as early as 2008-9 I think, I just never made an account.

I have watch your comments from a distance and I laugh, get mad, and still have no idea why certain people got banned and never came back.

Mar 30, 2010
I would love to make a snarky comment at this point in time, but clearly I wouldn't come here if I didn't enjoy it ... so ... yeah, I'll miss you guys and gals. Not that I think we're in danger of an imminent collapse, but there we go.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Kyrian007 said:
Yeah, I'll miss this place and you folks. I just want it to last another year or so somehow. I don't want another loss in 2018. We already lost Cracked.com's youtube content and LRR's Feed Dump. That's about half of the youtube content I watched. Losing the Escapist at the same time would really bite.
Is LRR finished? I used to love those guys. But then I haven't followed them since about a year after they left

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
While I have been colonizing reddit, I will stay here until the bitter end.
My fellow 'Pists, we will endure.

Kyrian007

Nemo saltat sobrius
Legacy
Mar 9, 2010
Kansas
Country
U.S.A.
trunkage said:
Kyrian007 said:
Is LRR finished? I used to love those guys. But then I haven't followed them since about a year after they left
No, just Feed Dump. Just like the Phailhaus, Feed Dump will rise from the ashes in a new format... sometime. And LRR will continue. But we will miss..

bootwhistle

Mar 25, 2009
Thaluikhain said:
Kyrian007 said:
We already lost Cracked.com's youtube content
Wait, what?

Ok, only care about After Hours, but still. Been cancelled?
There were massive layoffs end of last year I think, most of the content creators were let go including the After Hours cast :(

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
I have the community signature background always on because of all the good times.

We're not getting what we had back here but I'm here until the lights go out.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
I'm gonna be making a new forum and hosting it in the Netherlands. For specific reasons. But the bad news is, that's WAY down the road because I absolutely need to do something that will consume literally two whole years of my life and I won't be able to properly admin a forum at all of course during such. Because of that though, I wonder if I should even have mentioned it, but I just simply wanted you all to know that the classic BBS/forum format for social media will not be forgotten and will be resurrected.

At a later date though. I'm gonna be really damn busy.